Moparts

MAILING OVERSEAS

Posted By: Magnumguy

MAILING OVERSEAS - 04/15/20 03:33 PM

A gent wants to buy a radio I have, but he lives in Germany.

At one time I sold a grille for a Magnum and it went to Brussels, somebody here had me mail it to them, they put it in a crate with cars, and over it went.

Or,,,,, is there a better way? Is postal about as good as any way now?
Posted By: DirectSubjection

Re: MAILING OVERSEAS - 04/15/20 03:39 PM

USPS has worked for me
Posted By: 71TA

Re: MAILING OVERSEAS - 04/15/20 03:48 PM

We ship (or used to ship) about 1500 international packages a year. Germany was one of the FIRST places I stopped shipping to (besides, anything South America or Africa). FIVE of the last 5 shipments over a couple months last (Dec to Feb) "never arrived". Problems/theft at customs, the postal delivery, customer(?) that I now do NOT ship internationally. In the past I would Google search the person to see if they had any online Mopar presence; forums, facebook, selling parts.

Now I only ship to a Mopar reseller in Germany, The Mopar Shop. They send a UPS call tag and handle everything.

Good luck.

PS Insurance doesn't work if you are thinking about that. All the shipping companies self insure so its in their best interest to NOT pay out. Ask how I know.

Re: MAILING OVERSEAS - 04/15/20 03:56 PM

Suppose the "Mopar Shop" would take care of it for me?
Posted By: moparx

Re: MAILING OVERSEAS - 04/15/20 04:13 PM

i have shipped stuff to england, france, germany, holland, sweden, and austrailia using USPS many times with absolutely no problems. it is expensive however.
box it up GOOD, like you would for UPS or FEDEX.
beer
Posted By: kidmopar

Re: MAILING OVERSEAS - 04/15/20 05:06 PM

My twocents

I've been shipping USPS / FedEx / UPS for over 20 years ........ NEVER EVER ! shipping out of U.S.A. again ! ...... EVER ! ! ! mad
Posted By: Stanton

Re: MAILING OVERSEAS - 04/15/20 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by kidmopar
My twocents

I've been shipping USPS / FedEx / UPS for over 20 years ........ NEVER EVER ! shipping out of U.S.A. again ! ...... EVER ! ! ! mad

Where's the "up yours" imoji ?!?!?
Posted By: therocks

Re: MAILING OVERSEAS - 04/15/20 05:49 PM

I shipped lots out of the country.All went post office and never a problem ever.Had a package to australia once UPS wanted like 200 bucks Post office was under 30.Went nice and easy.Cant understand why some have so many problems shipping.The one was pretty bulky and still no problems.One guy used to send me nic US cash in 20s.Never a problem.Rocky

Re: MAILING OVERSEAS - 04/15/20 06:25 PM

I won't use UPS unless it's the only way, and it's rarely ever the only way.

Just wondered if there was some other way? Anyone sending a car to Germany? wink

What about Ebay's international shipping?
Posted By: dOrk !

Re: MAILING OVERSEAS - 04/15/20 10:35 PM

UPS 200 beans ? ... vs USPS 20 clams ?? eek

Me thimks our resident senior gEeZeR has the diff CENTURIES confused penguin

And the few items I’ve bought off eBay that have come from China.....

It must have been sent by a ROCKET SHIP!
Posted By: Faust

Re: MAILING OVERSEAS - 04/17/20 07:23 AM

Ever since USPS dropped "surface mail", I find it is no longer better than "competitive" on pricing.
© 2024 Moparts Forums