Moparts

Times like these...

Posted By: Guitar Jones

Times like these... - 04/11/20 12:56 AM

Can make a person appreciate things they may have taken for granted previously. I've mentioned previously we are pretty isolated out here with no TV and only one radio station. Besides my girl and my dogs I am most appreciative for music right now. I can still get Pandora even though it is spotty. I would not want to live in a world without music.
So what are you all appreciative for?
Posted By: GoodysGotaCuda

Re: Times like these... - 04/11/20 01:27 AM

I'm glad we've gotten to do the traveling we have done here recently. Moving forward I'll be a little less hesitant to book a trip and go see somewhere new.
Posted By: DirectSubjection

Re: Times like these... - 04/11/20 01:31 AM

You can now stream all of Sirius' music stations and more free on your computer so you can have a lot more choices of music.

I am very appreciative of the traveling I have done, primarily in the last 10 years. I look back on it all so fondly and will do more as soon as I can!
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Times like these... - 04/11/20 01:43 AM

I have a phone and a crappy Fire tablet here, neither one is very conducive to doing anything near what a PC does lol. It's been a nightmare just getting to my bank account and credit cards to pay bills without cell service verification. Not to mention the best available internet here sucks out loud so... I'm grateful for what I can get around here. I have heat and the electricity is still on..for now. It goes out a lot lol. But hey, We are doing ok so it's all good.
Posted By: Dave_J

Re: Times like these... - 04/11/20 02:19 AM

I am grateful for family. Mostly my ancestors that came to USA from Denmark.

For over 62+ years we have been searching for information on my Great Grandmothers life in Denmark in the 1870's. When she came to America in 1883, the people running Ellis Island missnamed her and would not correct it. So for all these years since 1883 in USA she was called by her childhood nickname.
I just happened on a Danish Church record of her grandfather that was translated into German and I could read that. I can not read Danish. So after adding her information into MyHeritage it started a snowball rolling and in 6 weeks I have added 200 family members, about 30 are still alive.
With this information I was able to go to her grave site and put headstones on both her and my Great grandpa. They both died in 1951 and 1949 but never had markers.

Danish
å ø æ ykke and many other things make it hard to read Danish. The word Hagge is pronounced Huggah meaning Happiness or Joyful.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Times like these... - 04/11/20 03:06 AM

I'm happy to just be here.. been shot 3 times(military)got cancer, 2 major by-passes, 15 stints and a
couple of strokes and other things but I'm still enjoying life and a good wife.. we still travel alot
so all is good
wave
Posted By: redraptor

Re: Times like these... - 04/11/20 11:45 AM

I'm grateful the electrical grid is still up and the beer distributor is still open so I can entertain myself in my shop on my forced days off. I can't imagine sitting inside in the dark, no electricity, sober, and listen to the wife go on how we're all gunna die from covid-19/20.
But in all seroiusness I'm fortunate to still be working almost a full schedule in an area with a low positive case count.
Posted By: Cometstorm

Re: Times like these... - 04/11/20 02:00 PM

Read this book, the original for sure... and maybe it’s two sequels.

It will likely turn you at least into a semi- prepper. It did us...

Will also illuminate just how bad things COULD be, and make you appreciate what we all still have.

One Second After (A John Matherson Novel) https://www.amazon.com/dp/0765356864/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_G0CKEbZK4Y7GM

On another note, anyone ever watched “After Armageddon” on the History Channel?

It’s has tons of parallels to today. Very telling. Bet they don’t dare air it right now.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/After_Armageddon

“Outbreak” with Dustin Hoffman is another good movie.

Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Times like these... - 04/11/20 06:04 PM

Grateful that we can just walk into a store (normally) and buy an abundance of food in so many varieties. Everything imaginable in fact in abundance. Things like covid have reminded me just how spoiled we are as Americans. Hurricanes do it too.
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: Times like these... - 04/11/20 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by redraptor
I'm grateful the electrical grid is still up and the beer distributor is still open so I can entertain myself in my shop on my forced days off. I can't imagine sitting inside in the dark, no electricity, sober, and listen to the wife go on how we're all gunna die from covid-19/20.
But in all seroiusness I'm fortunate to still be working almost a full schedule in an area with a low positive case count.

I'm with you. As long as water comes out of the faucet, the toilet flushes, there's gas at the pumps, the store has milk, bread, and eggs, and the lights stay on. it's all good. up
Posted By: I_bleed_MOPAR

Re: Times like these... - 04/12/20 07:28 PM

Thankful my family is healthy and praying they stay that way (daughter works in hospital ER and SIL is LEO). We were keeping our grandson already so they didn't have to put him in a daycare so that wasn't a problem. At almost 7 he's pretty self-sufficient (or thinks he is). grin Still able to make a normal grocery run with only a few things out of stock usually. up

Tim
© 2024 Moparts Forums