Moparts

MODELERS ? ....Build during shutdown ?

Posted By: kidmopar

MODELERS ? ....Build during shutdown ? - 04/07/20 04:49 PM

Just checking to see if we have any "?" 1/24 ? ...... 1/25 ? Modelers out there ? shruggy

Building during "Shutdown" ? primer

Someone had posted building a 1968 Hemi Dart and got me to thinking ? work

I've been working on an old Monogram kit of 1969 A-12 Blue Super Bee ! ( I'm not good at posting photos whiney )

Let us see / know what you're assembling ? ? ? wave
Posted By: restoman

Re: MODELERS ? ....Build during shutdown ? - 04/07/20 05:26 PM

Just finished this one last week...

I've got a rebuild of a Little Red Express on the bench now.

Attached picture showboat 5 1.jpg
Posted By: restoman

Re: MODELERS ? ....Build during shutdown ? - 04/07/20 05:31 PM

Wrapped this one up in early March, before the world fell apart...

Attached picture shorty 3.jpg
Posted By: 65pacecar

Re: MODELERS ? ....Build during shutdown ? - 04/07/20 05:37 PM

Redoing a 67 GTX now. Usually try to do a couple a year.
Posted By: moparx

Re: MODELERS ? ....Build during shutdown ? - 04/08/20 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by restoman

you do VERY nice work ! up bow
beer

Re: MODELERS ? ....Build during shutdown ? - 04/08/20 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by moparx
Originally Posted by restoman

you do VERY nice work ! up bow
beer

AGREE ! iagreeAWESOME BUILDS ! bow
Posted By: 2Bad360sfromNC

Re: MODELERS ? ....Build during shutdown ? - 04/09/20 09:52 PM

Here's the last one I finished. It's a Salvinos JR Donnie Allison Monte Carlo. I have tons of kits I need to get busy working on.

Attached picture IMG_20190818_233826_519.jpg

Re: MODELERS ? ....Build during shutdown ? - 04/09/20 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by 2Bad360sfromNC
Here's the last one I finished. It's a Salvinos JR Donnie Allison Monte Carlo. I have tons of kits I need to get busy working on.

AWESOME ! punkrocka up bow
Posted By: Mastershake340

Re: MODELERS ? ....Build during shutdown ? - 04/09/20 11:59 PM

I’ve got a 1/24 scale ‘70 cuda 340 convertible project in mind. The 2 kits I’m using have been on my shelf for ages. Went and bought some paint and such before they locked things down here last month.
Found a guy online selling hockey stick stripe decals I need to order a sheet.
Seeing how I theoretically have lots of free time now that I’m working from home and can’t go out much weekends, not sure why I haven’t got rolling on this yet! shruggy
Posted By: poorboy

Re: MODELERS ? ....Build during shutdown ? - 04/10/20 12:31 AM

I think I have 5 or 6 unbuild Mopar models in a box in the basement. I've been pretty busy with redoing my full scale 48 Plymouth coupe, there isn't much time to do a model. Those small model parts are harder for my abused hands to deal with, so that takes away from the fun they used to be.
I do like to see the great work others are doing though. Gene
Posted By: topside

Re: MODELERS ? ....Build during shutdown ? - 04/10/20 12:49 AM

Nice work, you guys !
I must have 30 kits to build - many 1/25th cars that I owned in 1/1 - but I've still not found the time.
I've tried a couple times to have a model built of my racecar (see sig pic) but nobody wants to.
Both guys do a lot of really good racecar models, so maybe it's me shruggy

Now that the weather's nice, I've been bustin' out the car, home, & shop projects that require decent temps & sun.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: MODELERS ? ....Build during shutdown ? - 04/10/20 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by poorboy
I think I have 5 or 6 unbuild Mopar models in a box in the basement. I've been pretty busy with redoing my full scale 48 Plymouth coupe, there isn't much time to do a model. Those small model parts are harder for my abused hands to deal with, so that takes away from the fun they used to be.
I do like to see the great work others are doing though. Gene

iagree I'm far better building the real stuff.. on the models I used to much glue.. now
I use a welder and a paint gun
EDIT
If they didnt turn out the way I wanted I blew them up with fire crackers.. I think thats what got me into
demolitions in the military
wave
Posted By: skicker

Re: MODELERS ? ....Build during shutdown ? - 04/10/20 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by poorboy
Those small model parts are harder for my abused hands to deal with, so that takes away from the fun they used to be.
Gene

I have about 15 1/25 put away to do at some point...

Actually built an area to work on them in the basement of the garage...

If you want to really get aggravated I started modifying and customizing the 1/64th last year...

The details on some are too fine to even attempt...

Attached picture IMG_0327.JPG
Attached picture Jim's 55 9.JPG
Attached picture Drag Car 5.JPG
Attached picture Dodge Hauler.JPG
Posted By: skicker

Re: MODELERS ? ....Build during shutdown ? - 04/10/20 01:24 AM

A couple more of the 1st ones I did...

Like anything else I found better ways as I progressed...

These are before and afters of the same cars...

They're a little primitive but they were made to be like friends of mines actual cars...

Attached picture Before.JPG
Attached picture Chevy 1.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0108.JPG
Attached picture IMG_0158.JPG

Re: MODELERS ? ....Build during shutdown ? - 04/10/20 02:11 AM

The 55 Chevy is WICKED ! Super NICE builds ! You guys are sooooooo much better than me ! whiney

I'm about done with the A-12 Super Bee as a "warm-up" I'm going to get couple of my 1971 Challenger kits out

and try "?" to copy my '71 R/T FE5 / Red car ! I already have paint and fresh cement ! grin
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: MODELERS ? ....Build during shutdown ? - 04/10/20 02:29 AM

I built these in the early 80's - back when life was more simple. The Challenger is an original MPC kit from 1970, RR is a JoHan kit. I had the PCP mixed & put into a spray can. RR paint was standard automotive spray touch-up - back when there were still some green cars around!

Attached picture 69 RR 1.jpg
Attached picture 69 RR 2.jpg
Attached picture Chall 1.jpg
Attached picture Chall 4.jpg
Posted By: basketcase

Re: MODELERS ? ....Build during shutdown ? - 04/10/20 02:43 AM

That road runner is fantastic! We Greenies are still around......

Attached picture PTDC0008.JPG

Re: MODELERS ? ....Build during shutdown ? - 04/10/20 02:45 AM

Haven't done many cars, but I have been adding to my WWll airplanes I built in school.

Attached picture c.JPG

Re: MODELERS ? ....Build during shutdown ? - 04/10/20 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by basketcase
Haven't done many cars, but I have been adding to my WWll airplanes I built in school.

WOW ! ...... Beautiful Tribute to the "NINE O NINE" we lost last year ......... angel
Posted By: srt

Re: MODELERS ? ....Build during shutdown ? - 04/10/20 05:32 AM

I built these several years ago recuperating, took time this evening to take pics. I have several other unbuilt, probably should sell the old ones and will build up some of the mopars I have, inc one resin body I have no experience with in the past.

Attached picture SCUDA.jpg
Attached picture SUPER BEE.jpg

Re: MODELERS ? ....Build during shutdown ? - 04/10/20 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by kidmopar

WOW ! ...... Beautiful Tribute to the "NINE O NINE" we lost last year ......... angel

My late Uncle gave me the kit to build, and we were planning on flying in Nine O Nine in the summer of 2015. Then he passed away suddenly, so I built it in his memory. Now they are both gone.
Posted By: GMP440

Re: MODELERS ? ....Build during shutdown ? - 04/11/20 01:34 PM

Basketcase,

The green 69 Roadrunner you have; was that the same 69 Roadrunner that was in the street racing episode of Adam 12?
Just asking because there is a member here on Moparts that stated he owns the 69 Roadrunner that was on the show. Was that you?
Posted By: I_bleed_MOPAR

Re: MODELERS ? ....Build during shutdown ? - 04/12/20 08:35 PM

Several on the table. '71 Charger clone of my sons car (as close as I can get it). If spots on deck lid are visible it's filler in spoiler holes. Resin '65 Valiant clone of my first car using '69 'cuda chassis. '69 Corvair on Chevelle frame tribute car that good friend of mine had. I even added the tunnel to the interior tub. His was an LT1, 4 speed. Lost him to cancer in '11. frown When these are through, I have a box full of mostly Mopars including a 1/16th Street Charger I hope to build. My picture taking is terrible.

Tim

Attached picture 20200412_154631.jpg
Attached picture 20200412_154643.jpg
Attached picture 20200412_154408.jpg
Attached picture 20200412_154204.jpg
Posted By: Wirenut

Re: MODELERS ? ....Build during shutdown ? - 04/12/20 09:43 PM

Great thread
Always figured I would get back into it once I couldn’t work on the real thing.
Always wanted to do 1/25 scale slot cars out of model bodies . Did it as a kid was so much fun
G

Re: MODELERS ? ....Build during shutdown ? - 04/13/20 03:53 AM

Well, I wanted to keep this Mopar friendly so I held back pics of my best effort of all - a 1970 BOSS '9. Painted in Ford Grabber Green & then I did all the window moldings, decals, etc. Then I used Testors spray clear over it - it worked SO well! Still looks the same after 38 years. I think I finished this one in 1982. I noticed that on all 3 of these, I never installed the side mirrors - they always fall off on model cars I figured.

Attached picture BOSS 1.jpg
Attached picture BOSS 2.jpg
Attached picture BOSS 3.jpg
Attached picture BOSS 4.jpg

Re: MODELERS ? ....Build during shutdown ? - 04/13/20 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by GMP440

Basketcase,

The green 69 Roadrunner you have; was that the same 69 Roadrunner that was in the street racing episode of Adam 12?
Just asking because there is a member here on Moparts that stated he owns the 69 Roadrunner that was on the show. Was that you?

No Sir, different car. This is the Adam 12 car, from my understanding, it was in the same owner's family until recently when it was on the show.
Second pic is my car. I watched that episode of Adam 12 just the other day. Had some other cool Mopars in it too including a '70 road runner.

Attached picture adam12RR.jpg
Attached picture PTDC0003.JPG
Posted By: 67SATisfaction

Re: MODELERS ? ....Build during shutdown ? - 04/15/20 02:49 AM

Wow, you guys have some really nice builds, great talent.. I could be happy looking at people's models all day..

Some of my Corona At Home Time has been spent on this.. almost finished with a 1/32 Junkers Ju-88 dive bomber. For a local Aeroscience Museum.. it'll hang in a dive, so no landing gear and props airbrushed to look like they're spinning..
- Art

Attached picture CLlR2skkTua7hl5ImliSMg.jpg
Attached picture Hc57waWgQKuUwZvUHEzM6g.jpg
Attached picture M2wn2oVTQlOnttcf2sR52g.jpg

Re: MODELERS ? ....Build during shutdown ? - 04/15/20 11:17 AM

wow,that Ju-88 looks great!

Re: MODELERS ? ....Build during shutdown ? - 04/15/20 11:38 AM

I agree, Art. Lots of talent here including you. up Y'all put me to shame. wink

Tim
Posted By: rrbrucea

Re: MODELERS ? ....Build during shutdown ? - 04/15/20 01:00 PM

up I bought a kit and the decals to do one of those too! I had actually booked and paid for a flight on her scheduled for about two weeks after the crash...

Re: MODELERS ? ....Build during shutdown ? - 04/15/20 03:03 PM

WOW! Nice job on the Junkers!!
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: MODELERS ? ....Build during shutdown ? - 04/15/20 03:23 PM

I have a question on the second plane with the bomb on the top of the wing.. how did
the Germans drop that bomb.. roll it off the wing and it looks like it might hit the tail.. cool
models though.. I use to build some model planes as a kid but no where near as cool.. thanks
for the info
EDIT
I see now.. the pic with the bomb is the bottom of the air craft.. my ERROR
wave

Re: MODELERS ? ....Build during shutdown ? - 04/15/20 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by rrbrucea

up I bought a kit and the decals to do one of those too! I had actually booked and paid for a flight on her scheduled for about two weeks after the crash...

my Wife bought me a ticket for Nine O Nine for our 25th wedding annivesary a few years back. This was the day I was to go up......

Attached picture PTDC0009.JPG
Attached picture PTDC0011.JPG

Re: MODELERS ? ....Build during shutdown ? - 04/16/20 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Sunroofcuda
WOW! Nice job on the Junkers!!

iagree iagree
Posted By: modelmakerinc

Re: MODELERS ? ....Build during shutdown ? - 04/16/20 11:27 AM

Man, I wish I had time to work on models as a hobby instead of a living, I build what other people want. Oh well, it pays the bills.
I'm lucky that way for sure. This is a 35M Westport Yacht, still building all the detail parts such as railing, flooring, detail trim, +++

Attached picture 20200412_151939.jpg
Attached picture 20200412_152004.jpg

Re: MODELERS ? ....Build during shutdown ? - 04/16/20 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by modelmakerinc
Man, I wish I had time to work on models as a hobby instead of a living, I build what other people want. Oh well, it pays the bills.
I'm lucky that way for sure. This is a 35M Westport Yacht, still building all the detail parts such as railing, flooring, detail trim, +++

Is the Yacht a RESIN kit ???? shruggy
Posted By: TC@HP2

Re: MODELERS ? ....Build during shutdown ? - 04/18/20 02:26 PM

Semi-scratch build I did some time ago. This was the start of a IMCA or Wissota style modified bu I never got around to doing the body skins. Foundation of this is a nascar chassis. I used the frame and suspension, driver side cage, seat, instrument panel, and engine block. Balance of the cage was all fabbed from plastic covered rod. Headers were same rod with aluminum tube for the collectors. Might finish it some day, but I'm working through this crisis, so not much free time.

Attached picture 100_4737.jpg
Attached picture 100_4738.jpg

Re: MODELERS ? ....Build during shutdown ? - 04/19/20 06:06 PM

Quick build I did for my SIL. I didn't know it was a curb-side when I bought it but planned to build it that way since it will be in a display case on my SIL's desk. Several flaws but he likes it (most glaring one is the wrong style light bar). Been many years since I put decals on a model and it is a PITA at my age. blush

Tim

Attached picture police car.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums