Moparts

Can anyone help with FB problem?

Posted By: RJS

Can anyone help with FB problem? - 04/02/20 01:50 PM

Last week I lost many aspects of my FB page. I lost all the information usually on left side of page that showed my groups.
I can't open messages and comments either. My timeline will only show up in grid mode???The only thing that works so so is switching to their New FB page but that is still not 100%
I've reported to FB and they just close every case.
I think they may have me in a Beta test for their new page that sucks IMHO.

Does anyone know how to delete FB cookies to see if maybe they are corrupted???

Oh and I use an actual computer not a phone if that matters

Thanks Ron

Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: Can anyone help with FB problem? - 04/02/20 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by RJS
Last week I lost many aspects of my FB page. I lost all the information usually on left side of page that showed my groups.
I can't open messages and comments either. My timeline will only show up in grid mode???The only thing that works so so is switching to their New FB page but that is still not 100%
I've reported to FB and they just close every case.
I think they may have me in a Beta test for their new page that sucks IMHO.

Oh and I use an actual computer not a phone if that matters

Thanks Ron

What's FB ????????? eek
Posted By: TJP

Re: Can anyone help with FB problem? - 04/02/20 02:31 PM

have you tried 'googling' the problem? I sometimes get quicker results there beer
Posted By: DirectSubjection

Re: Can anyone help with FB problem? - 04/02/20 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by RJS

What browser? On firefox - Tools > Options > Privacy and security > manage data under cookies and search for facebook then delete them

Re: Can anyone help with FB problem? - 04/02/20 04:35 PM

Yes I use Firefox and I tried all of Face Books fixes to no avail
Ron
Posted By: Sinitro

Re: Can anyone help with FB problem? - 04/02/20 05:04 PM

Do U have a backup copy for ur PC??
If Yes, then run a Restore.

Just my $0.02... wink

Re: Can anyone help with FB problem? - 04/02/20 05:06 PM

OK thanks for all the help, I was able to clean the cookies but that wasn't a fix for me.
I seriously think I'm in a Beta test of some kind.

Ron
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Can anyone help with FB problem? - 04/02/20 07:08 PM

Are you "logged in" ????
Posted By: doggs330

Re: Can anyone help with FB problem? - 04/03/20 05:07 AM

The downward facing arrow in the upper right corner has the selection for switching your FB style. Second option from the bottom should be "switch to new facebook" or "switch to classic facebook"
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Can anyone help with FB problem? - 04/03/20 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by doggs330
The downward facing arrow in the upper right corner has the selection for switching your FB style. Second option from the bottom should be "switch to new facebook" or "switch to classic facebook"

This ^^^

My FB didn't go all funky like yours, but it wasn't working 'right' until I clicked on the new version.

Re: Can anyone help with FB problem? - 04/03/20 01:48 PM

Yes I know but my classic is missing common features and the New version isn't fully working either but some of the common stuff that went missing is there.
Ron

Re: Can anyone help with FB problem? - 04/03/20 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Satilite73

This ^^^

My FB didn't go all funky like yours, but it wasn't working 'right' until I clicked on the new version.

What happened to yours??? So were you sort of forced into the new version like me?
Ron
Posted By: DirectSubjection

Re: Can anyone help with FB problem? - 04/03/20 01:59 PM

Have you tried logging out and in again?

Re: Can anyone help with FB problem? - 04/03/20 05:37 PM

Ye s I have, infact this all started after a friend sent a message to everyone she knew saying she thought she was hacked. I then did as I always do and changed the password for an "in case"! She is fine but after the PW change Face Book for me lost my saved groups on the left of the page, I can only see the timeline in grid mode etc...

Also I'd like to add that it has nothing to do with my Fire Fox browser, I brought up FB with google Chrome and same result. I also used my wife's laptop and same result.

Aren't Face Book cookies different then the browser cookies you guys showed me how to clean up earlier in this post??

What I mean by that is the cookies I cleaned up in FireFox for FaceBook different than when I'm in face Book and want to clean out cookies???
All their help prompts never reall get me to a point where I can clean their cookies.

Ron
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Can anyone help with FB problem? - 04/04/20 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by RJS
Originally Posted by Satilite73

This ^^^

What happened to yours??? So were you sort of forced into the new version like me?
Ron

It stopped updating. I went to FB two days after I was last there, and nothing had changed. Signed out, signed in, refreshed, nothing changed. Gave it another day, still no change except a message to try the new FB. Made the switch and it seemed to be working again.

shruggy

Re: Can anyone help with FB problem? - 04/04/20 02:11 PM

I bet we're kinda in the same boat, if I hadn't changed password mine would have probably stopped updating. When I go back to the classic FB there is nothing in my timeline to show all of March.
Ron
© 2024 Moparts Forums