Moparts

I'm done!

Posted By: Sledge_57

I'm done! - 04/02/20 02:08 AM

6 months of he!! came to an end today. No more chemo. It's been 50 hours of chemo every other week for 6 months. Now I just have to get through the next few days of feeling like crap 😎
Posted By: 71TA

Re: I'm done! - 04/02/20 02:10 AM

Congrats but STAY SAFE. What are you doing to protect yourself in this Twilight Zone enviorment?
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: I'm done! - 04/02/20 02:14 AM

Congrats Doug... I know about that crap and radiation also
wave

Re: I'm done! - 04/02/20 02:36 AM

Thanks Mike, hows the wife? I remember she was pretty sick a while back.. Was planning to go to Donut Cutter last year but had surgery the week before. Hopefully this year...

Re: I'm done! - 04/02/20 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by 71TA
Congrats but STAY SAFE. What are you doing to protect yourself in this Twilight Zone enviorment?

Just staying in and doing next to nothing, except for when I had to go for blood work (every Saturday for the last 6 months) and chemo. I went every other Monday for 4 hours and came home with a portable pump that poisoned me for 46 more hours, then back on Wednesday to have pump removed.

Not been fun but it's in the past now.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: I'm done! - 04/02/20 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by Sledge_57
Thanks Mike, hows the wife? I remember she was pretty sick a while back.. Was planning to go to Donut Cutter last year but had surgery the week before. Hopefully this year...

She's doing real good.. she still forgets some things... but doing well
wave
Posted By: Skeptic

Re: I'm done! - 04/02/20 03:04 AM

Congrats man that's a tough battle beer F cancer.
Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: I'm done! - 04/02/20 03:40 AM

Congrats. Now get well...
Posted By: Jjs72D

Re: I'm done! - 04/02/20 03:48 AM

Good luck, man.
Posted By: Runner2go

Re: I'm done! - 04/02/20 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by Sledge_57
6 months of he!! came to an end today. No more chemo. It's been 50 hours of chemo every other week for 6 months. Now I just have to get through the next few days of feeling like crap 😎

Having gone down this road myself, I'm glad to see your coming out the other side on top. beer

When I saw the title & read the 1st 2 sentences, I wasn't sure which way it was headed.
I've heard the exact words in your title before from someone...
And it's so much better to hear them in reference to a successful completion of therapy. thumbs thumbs

Congrats
Try to avoid sugar... cancer loves sugar.
That point was driven home for me during my CT/PET scans, when they injected contrast in a sugar based solution, and a few min later the cancer lit up like a Christmas Tree.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: I'm done! - 04/02/20 06:05 AM

Congratulations!
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: I'm done! - 04/02/20 08:25 AM

Congratulations!!!

With all the other crap (virus) going around, stay safe till you're back to 100%.
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: I'm done! - 04/02/20 09:53 AM

Congrats on being done. Best wishes to you for a full recovery.
Posted By: moparx

Re: I'm done! - 04/02/20 12:27 PM

good deal sledge ! boogie
my one cousin was MIA from late '18 until a few days ago when he called to tell me he was FINALLY in remission.
a TOUGH battle for sure.
glad you are getting better, and stay safe !
beer
Posted By: MuscleMopars

Re: I'm done! - 04/02/20 01:02 PM

I’m a two time cancer survivor. I hope you’ve beat it and are done with anymore treatments!
Posted By: justinp61

Re: I'm done! - 04/02/20 01:31 PM

Good luck! up
Posted By: rapom

Re: I'm done! - 04/02/20 02:09 PM

Wishing you the best of luck so you can get back to enjoying life, family, and your awesome 67 Coronet.
Posted By: topside

Re: I'm done! - 04/02/20 02:22 PM

Congratulations - sounds like a crappy ride.
Now please stay healthy up
Posted By: wingman

Re: I'm done! - 04/02/20 02:54 PM

Congrats!!!
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: I'm done! - 04/02/20 04:14 PM

Wow - hope you are rid of the big C for good & forever. ALL THE BEST TO YOU!

-Eric
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: I'm done! - 04/02/20 07:39 PM

Congrats Doug/Bob!

Hope you can keep out of harms way and we can shake hands and talk face to face like
normal human beings someday in the future (although this activity is probably too risky).

Re: I'm done! - 04/03/20 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by ZIPPY
Congrats Doug/Bob!

Hope you can keep out of harms way and we can shake hands and talk face to face like
normal human beings someday in the future (although this activity is probably too risky).

Thanks Rich, here's hoping...
© 2024 Moparts Forums