Moparts

Will you attend Carlisle??

Posted By: formula_s

Will you attend Carlisle?? - 03/29/20 03:03 PM

It's 100 days from today, under current conditions will you go to the show?
Posted By: moparx

Re: Will you attend Carlisle?? - 03/29/20 03:05 PM

if it's not canceled, and the virus deal is still the same as today, no.
i can't risk it due to my health issues.
beer
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Will you attend Carlisle?? - 03/29/20 03:26 PM

You say "under current conditions" ... well under current conditions it won't even be allowed to take place. If all this seems to be safely cleared up and bans lifted I'll definitely go. But if things are closed and there's nowhere to eat then its pointless.

One of two things will happen if its a go ... it will either be a blockbuster year because everyone is looking to get out of the house OR it'll be dead because people will still feel at risk.

Trump may think differently but this virus doesn't take orders from him !!

Re: Will you attend Carlisle?? - 03/29/20 03:45 PM

........You say "under current conditions" ... well under current conditions it won't even be allowed to take place........

Good point,so far only Spring has been postponed.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Will you attend Carlisle?? - 03/29/20 04:19 PM

the governor has restrictions for that county, so, as has been stated, it will be canceled if conditions remain the same.
spring carlisle general swap meet is next month, so we shall see what happens with it. [other than being postponed]
beer
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: Will you attend Carlisle?? - 03/29/20 04:24 PM

Spring Carlisle has been re-scheduled for May.

No actual cancellations are in affect yet.

Stay safe everyone & hope to see you in July.
Posted By: a12rag

Re: Will you attend Carlisle?? - 03/29/20 04:42 PM

Spring Fling rescheduled to May ??? Any announcement from CPW about that ??

http://www.cpwclub.com/springfling.php nothing here about reschedule . . .
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: Will you attend Carlisle?? - 03/29/20 05:00 PM

Different shows......
Posted By: jcc

Re: Will you attend Carlisle?? - 03/29/20 05:09 PM

I will try to go, but nothing at this point is firm IMO.
If turnout is reduced ,that is maybe an upside, but then maybe if sellers are down, it won't be.

I am not excited about mingling in crowds to find deals on old car parts that everyone has already handled, with the current conditions.
Posted By: 71TA

Re: Will you attend Carlisle?? - 03/29/20 05:39 PM

I already paid for my spots last year but even if they decide to have it, unless some magic vaccine is available, I'll pass. It'd be nice if they've let me use the money towards 2021 (or 2022 ) If not I'd understand.
Posted By: Sinitro

Re: Will you attend Carlisle?? - 03/29/20 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by a12rag
Spring Fling rescheduled to May ??? Any announcement from CPW about that ??

http://www.cpwclub.com/springfling.php nothing here about reschedule . . .

Nope...
Spring Fling has been cancelled!! mad mad
No rescheduling possible, next show will be the Fall Fling October 24,2020.

Just my $0.02... wink
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Will you attend Carlisle?? - 03/29/20 08:08 PM

I will never miss Carlisle barring a nuclear disaster or the Governor of PA going to the show... laugh2
Posted By: dOrk !

Re: Will you attend Carlisle?? - 03/29/20 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Rhinodart
I will never miss Carlisle barring a nuclear disaster or the Governor of PA going to the show... laugh2

The Pennsylvania GOVERNMENT is there IN SO MANY WAYS! laugh2
Posted By: fc7_plumcrazy

Re: Will you attend Carlisle?? - 03/29/20 11:38 PM

flights are booked.
But who knows if the show will happen.
Or Europeans be allowed to travel to the US

Carsten
Posted By: KGorney

Re: Will you attend Carlisle?? - 03/30/20 11:42 AM

We will be there if it's on.
Posted By: 71rm23

Re: Will you attend Carlisle?? - 03/30/20 03:05 PM

I will go if:
1. This will be my first time there. I've been wanting to go for some time. Been to the Nats and have always wanted to go to Carlisle.

2. The conditions are safe for it to be going on for the public.

3. I'm on my current deployment and just simply getting home will be a task. My tour has been extended now because of the virus, so who knows at this point.

On that Carlisle subject, if it does go on as schedule, is there a golf cart rental there? My dad wants to go as well but has a bump leg that will prevent him from doing a lot of walking.
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Will you attend Carlisle?? - 03/30/20 03:17 PM

Yes they do rent handi-capped scooters,can Dad drive?
Chrysler Carlisle is their biggest event,so I don't think they will change that date. Praying they get a grip on that virus so the rest of us with carownersvirus can keep the tradition wink
Can you imagine the clister fudge to rearrange rooms etc shruggy

Attached picture Carlisle 2019 087.jpg

Re: Will you attend Carlisle?? - 03/30/20 04:48 PM

.........Can you imagine the clister fudge to rearrange rooms etc.......

Easier than trying to attend your own funeral. 98 deaths in a 7 hour period in NYC yesterday.
Posted By: 3wracing

Re: Will you attend Carlisle?? - 03/30/20 09:15 PM

living in pa governor wolf this afternoon cancel d school indefinetly and extended our shelter at home to at least to the end of April im only still working because we deal with fresh water and waste water valves .
Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: Will you attend Carlisle?? - 03/30/20 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by jcc
I will try to go, but nothing at this point is firm IMO.
If turnout is reduced ,that is maybe an upside, but then maybe if sellers are down, it won't be.

I am not excited about mingling in crowds to find deals on old car parts that everyone has already handled, with the current conditions.

You always have the option of carrying a spray bottle of clorox bleach, just spray n wipe before touchy feely! primer

Re: Will you attend Carlisle?? - 03/31/20 12:19 AM

I'd be hit of the show I bet , no thanks, I got enough problems just here on the keyboard. catfight grin
Posted By: McCandlessboy

Re: Will you attend Carlisle?? - 03/31/20 10:32 AM

Yup, did a little video for them yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NebbVd4s5k
Posted By: Hrtbkr

Re: Will you attend Carlisle?? - 03/31/20 10:56 AM

Lookin forward to it drive
Posted By: T2R9

Re: Will you attend Carlisle?? - 03/31/20 11:59 AM

I sure hope so.
Posted By: chargervert

Re: Will you attend Carlisle?? - 03/31/20 01:44 PM

I have never missed Carlisle since 1992,and was planning to go this year as well. I guess it would depend on how well the pandemic is handled between now and then. If things are not back to somewhat normal, and the virus is still rampant then I would have to seriously consider staying home this year. If that is the case it's better to be safe and live to build Mopars into the future.
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Will you attend Carlisle?? - 03/31/20 02:19 PM

Would like to but it really depends on how much of the virus is still around.
Posted By: 68SportFury

Re: Will you attend Carlisle?? - 03/31/20 04:29 PM

If it happens, and I'm allowed, I'll go. I hadn't booked a hotel yet when all...THIS...blew up, but I have a showfield reservation.

Before things started getting cancelled right and left, I was already thinking about indoor vs. outdoor events. Since I treat most car events as photo safaris, staying 6' away from other people isn't a huge problem for me at an outdoor event. But if PA decides the venue can't open for the show, that's that.
Posted By: BH27G1B

Re: Will you attend Carlisle?? - 03/31/20 05:08 PM

As long as it's a go, we will be attending.
Posted By: LimelightCuda

Re: Will you attend Carlisle?? - 03/31/20 07:51 PM

Same here. Except for the grandstand I don’t really feel that I am in close contact with other people at car shows like this. So I don’t really have a lot of fear going to Carlisle unlike what those knuckle heads did in Ewing, NJ the other night. They had 47 people in a 500 square foot apartment with a DJ. Their “Corona” party got busted. That’s something I would not attend.
Posted By: Dartforforty

Re: Will you attend Carlisle?? - 03/31/20 08:30 PM

I paid for my vendor spaces back in October
If this virus stuff clears up I will go
If it is still active I will have 7 vendor spaces to lease
Ed
Posted By: Dartsport540

Re: Will you attend Carlisle?? - 03/31/20 10:33 PM

No. I live about 60 miles away, and have never been there...

Re: Will you attend Carlisle?? - 03/31/20 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by LimelightCuda
Same here. Except for the grandstand I don’t really feel that I am in close contact with other people at car shows like this.

What time of day are you there?

Can't think of anything less desirable then a hacking septuagenarian on O2 plowing attendees down with their electric scooter in a hurry in the swap area aisle, with all due respect to those I described.
Posted By: RangerDan440

Re: Will you attend Carlisle?? - 03/31/20 11:56 PM

Yes. I cant see this lasting into July and Ive always been a bit of a germphobe so constant hygiene has always been a thing for me
Posted By: cudaboy340

Re: Will you attend Carlisle?? - 04/03/20 07:18 PM

I've been following this thread and then I saw the other one about the Import show so I figured it was time I respond.

Yes, we rescheduled Spring Carlisle and the Import & Performance Nationals. We are looking at each show in the order in which it occurs. We are very hopeful that this will be over soon and the Chrysler show will be unaffected.

We can't predict the future but that seems to be what people expect us to do. Every event promoter is in the same position right now. We all want to keep our guests safe but we also want to have our events if at all possible!

My heart aches for Phil Painter and MATS as the timing of the pandemic was probably worse for them than any other Mopar event. Things were "ok" for the longest time and then just DAYS before the event, everything fell apart. I know he tried his best to hold the show but he had almost no warning. At least the rest of us have time to react. Some shows got canceled, some rescheduled and others, hopefully, will go on as planned. I can assure that every car show promoter (and other events) is watching this 24/7 and trying to decide what to do. I'd like to ask everyone to stop posting your opinions all over social media, forums, etc. that certain shows should cancel. All that's doing is creating negativity and it's not helping anyone.

I'd also like to ask everyone to do whatever you can to support these events once it's SAFE to gather! I hope Phil can reschedule MATS or at least recoup some costs and come back next year. Phil is a friend and a great guy who pours his heart and soul into MATS every year!!

Sorry for the long post and thank you for taking the time to read this.

I hope to see everyone in July!!

Ed
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: Will you attend Carlisle?? - 04/03/20 07:34 PM

I'm going to miss it this year because our shutdown at work coincides with it, and being in maintenance I can't skip it. I was pretty disappointed to see the work schedule. I hope this passes by then.

Re: Will you attend Carlisle?? - 04/03/20 08:40 PM

........ I'd like to ask everyone to stop posting your opinions all over social media, forums, etc. that certain shows should cancel. All that's doing is creating negativity and it's not helping anyone.......

Johnson & Johnson announced 2 days ago the first clinical trial will be in Sept at earliest. The first possible vaccine may be in January. Given the average age of the participants at car shows (imports excepted) the most vulnerable age group are those that attend these shows. That's irrefutable. I can't imagine even going to a local cruise nite in the next months or so. .
Posted By: VCODE

Re: Will you attend Carlisle?? - 04/03/20 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by cudaboy340
I've been following this thread and then I saw the other one about the Import show so I figured it was time I respond.

Yes, we rescheduled Spring Carlisle and the Import & Performance Nationals. We are looking at each show in the order in which it occurs. We are very hopeful that this will be over soon and the Chrysler show will be unaffected.

We can't predict the future but that seems to be what people expect us to do. Every event promoter is in the same position right now. We all want to keep our guests safe but we also want to have our events if at all possible!

My heart aches for Phil Painter and MATS as the timing of the pandemic was probably worse for them than any other Mopar event. Things were "ok" for the longest time and then just DAYS before the event, everything fell apart. I know he tried his best to hold the show but he had almost no warning. At least the rest of us have time to react. Some shows got canceled, some rescheduled and others, hopefully, will go on as planned. I can assure that every car show promoter (and other events) is watching this 24/7 and trying to decide what to do. I'd like to ask everyone to stop posting your opinions all over social media, forums, etc. that certain shows should cancel. All that's doing is creating negativity and it's not helping anyone.

I'd also like to ask everyone to do whatever you can to support these events once it's SAFE to gather! I hope Phil can reschedule MATS or at least recoup some costs and come back next year. Phil is a friend and a great guy who pours his heart and soul into MATS every year!!

Ed

Hi Ed,
Thanks for the post and update. Keep up the Great work that you do for us. The best Mopar car show in the country. Keep positive and stay safe.
Bob
Posted By: McCandlessboy

Re: Will you attend Carlisle?? - 04/04/20 11:48 AM

We plan on being there. You can keep your distance at an outdoor car event. Wash your hands and don't touch your face. Given the space at Carlisle, no reason you can't enjoy it. People are acting like if you breathe fresh air corona is going to drop on your face. Japan and South Korea has shown with proper measures you can go about your day to day life.

Besides, it will be 300 degree's in carlisle, the virus can't survive heat.
Posted By: 71rm23

Re: Will you attend Carlisle?? - 04/04/20 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by hemi-itis
Yes they do rent handi-capped scooters,can Dad drive?
Chrysler Carlisle is their biggest event,so I don't think they will change that date. Praying they get a grip on that virus so the rest of us with carownersvirus can keep the tradition wink
Can you imagine the clister fudge to rearrange rooms etc shruggy

Thanks Hemi-itis. Yes, my dad can drive. Do you or anyone know if there is a web site for the scooters to rent or just show up? Man, I'm hoping to attend but who knows at this point
Posted By: Michael

Re: Will you attend Carlisle?? - 04/05/20 05:01 PM

No
Posted By: Magnumguy

Re: Will you attend Carlisle?? - 04/05/20 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by cudaboy340

Ed

Thanks Ed. Prayers this all goes away soon. Not for the shows so much, but for our well-being
Posted By: LimelightCuda

Re: Will you attend Carlisle?? - 04/06/20 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by jcc
Originally Posted by LimelightCuda
Same here. Except for the grandstand I don’t really feel that I am in close contact with other people at car shows like this.

What time of day are you there?

Can't think of anything less desirable then a hacking septuagenarian on O2 plowing attendees down with their electric scooter in a hurry in the swap area aisle, with all due respect to those I described.

I am there all day Friday and Saturday. I see what you mean. It does get pretty crowded in some places at times. I still feel I should be able to stay far enough away people that the threat is minimized. It’s hard to stay 6’ away from people when passing them in an aisle at Shop-Rite so this no different except that going to Carlisle is something I don’t have to do. Let’s hope that this is over by then so going to Carlisle is a no brainer.
© 2024 Moparts Forums