Moparts

Do you really feel safe with take out food?

Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 03/29/20 03:36 AM

Reading the posts about take out and such, Im asking myself WHY risk it? If its about supporting the business, send em a 20 in the mail.

Why go out around people when its not needed?

Its probably just me since ive not had any restaurant food in like 6-7 years if you discount hospital food.
Posted By: dOrk !

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 03/29/20 03:43 AM

DISTANCING.. as far as I can from pOtO !

The same stuff can happen with TAKE OUT as with DINE IN.

Now ONLY IF that apimpfrom Washington can realize that tsk grin
Posted By: srt

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 03/29/20 04:02 AM

Small town of 700 people go in 11a.m. to drug store and pizza place is 2 buildings away fromsmall market I go for most perishables. I call ahead pick up two boxes and place $35 cash on counter pick up boxes and place in back of car in plastic sheet, wash hands with alcohol gel. Return home and remove from box in garage on card table for the purpose, re-wrap in saran wrap. Put one in freezer, other in refrigerator. $450* oven for 15 to 18 min "pop the bubbles" when 1/2 way done, enjoy with a washed fresh green salad
The grocery store in the big pop 3,500 nearby town creeps me out so I do most shopping at the market in small town where I have few choices of most goods and about 2 dozen fruit and veg choices, small dairy cabinet for milk, etc. In and out I seldom see 5 people inc workers in this clean market. I've talked with them about doing call up drive up service and they are open to it. I have a sheet of plastic and a grey plastic dish tub in the back of car for holding anything I buy. I plan to survive.
I believe the food chain will be impacted by late summer. Buy your peroxide now.
Posted By: Jjs72D

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 03/29/20 05:08 AM

This event seems to have validated the germ-a-phobe's entire mindset.
Posted By: Mastershake340

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 03/29/20 05:35 AM

I had a delicious gyros and fries from the place across the way from me this evening. I also drove out to get walleye at Culver’s one night last week. I do wash up after I get home. Getting out to get food once in a while helps keep me from going completely insane from getting trapped in the house constantly and I don’t think the risk is any greater than that from my weekly run to the grocery store.
Posted By: Runner2go

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 03/29/20 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Potatohead
Reading the posts about take out and such, Im asking myself WHY risk it? If its about supporting the business, send em a 20 in the mail.

Its probably just me since ive not had any restaurant food in like 6-7 years if you discount hospital food.

1st note the powers that be say that covid-19 can live for a day on cardboard... several days on plastic.

I see commercials on TV now from Little Caesar's, Papa Johns & Domino's saying they never touch the "Pizza" after it comes out of the oven... then show them scooping them into a box.... But they don't say is whether or not the guy putting the boxes together is wearing gloves ??? work shruggy

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 03/29/20 12:04 PM

No not really, every time I try to post a pic to make a point the mods yank it, if you had the lung issues I had you would feel the same as well. I could post pics of whats came from my lungs and youd not eat for the day. I live way out and love to cook and also think the food joints are overpriced, esp in the last few years of equal pay for simple work.

Originally Posted by Jjs72D
This event seems to have validated the germ-a-phobe's entire mindset.
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 03/29/20 12:08 PM

No worries here. My wife went through the Panera drive thru yesterday...food was bagged, served on a tray, by someone wearing gloves. Brought it home, set it on top of the stove. Tore open the bag, washed her hands, removed the food, threw the bag away, washed her hands again, ate her food. A little more effort, but a nice change of pace from making stuff at home. We did something similar with the pizza we got for our older daughter, and the takeout we got for me and my younger daughter. Lysol'd the steering wheels, gear shifts, door handles, etc...of both cars after we ate.
Posted By: redraptor

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 03/29/20 12:08 PM

Yep, it's you. Like Doc said, it's a gamble no matter what, just the odds are higher right now. And the paranoia. I'm sure someone soon will make that claim they'd gotten it from take-out.
Posted By: therocks

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 03/29/20 12:20 PM

Just look go into a store wipe your hands and buggy.Then shop pick up bottles,cans,packages etc.Then check out.Either card or cash.Get $$$ out of your pocket,get change back.Even with card you get reciept or have to enetr number etc on machine.Oh then go home and handle everything again.Its alright to be careful.But not going to become a bubble boy like on Sinefeld.Rocky
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 03/29/20 02:09 PM

Oh sure, I feel safe eating out............

Attached picture bone.jpg
Posted By: DirectSubjection

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 03/29/20 02:17 PM

No problem - I've been chowing on Arby's BLTs mmmm, i just clean my hands after i open it all.
Posted By: 5thAve

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 03/29/20 02:53 PM

To more people getting pickup is more about not having to make your own food all the time over supporting local businesses. I use my own fork or at least wash down the one it came with and wash the can and other stuff that could have been touched multiple times but the rest should be pretty safe.
The person putting the boxes together probably has washed hands and I only touch it once when I open it anyway.

There's probably more chance of it being on the stuff from grocery stores. Like someone else said between people touching shelves and products, the inside of the shopping cart, opening freezer doors, touching the interac pay machine... chances are it could be on every item you're brining home.
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 03/29/20 03:00 PM

It's not just about the business...it's about the folks that work there. I live in a little town(2000). One watering hole. The guy that owns it is a great guy and he treats his help good. I could just mail him a $20 but I'm pretty sure he'll be fine....but he has a couple gals that work for him...it's their ONLY job. Those are the folks that will be impacted by this. I got Tacos on Weds and fish sandwiches on Friday.....I tipped them very well! Not worried at all.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 03/29/20 03:03 PM

Howard Hughs [? spelling] comes to mind.
beer
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 03/29/20 03:04 PM

My wife is an awesome cook, so we eat in almost everyday anyway. I drive 1-1/2 hours to my shop 3 times a week and nothing has changed there, and basically nothing has changed with our lives at all! My wife is a dog walker/pet sitter and she is still working the same as she did before. I have no issues with take out food and tip when they come to the window to deliver it. Like I said, this thing hasn't affected me one bit besides not being able to go into a restaurant. According to the media I should be dead by now... eyes
Posted By: John Brown

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 03/29/20 03:22 PM

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. My immune system started being built up the day I was born. Don't get me wrong, I'm not gonna start licking toilet bowls or any thing like that, but I'm not gonna pull the hole in on myself either just because there is a cold or flu virus going around.
Posted By: DrCharles

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 03/29/20 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by John Brown
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. My immune system started being built up the day I was born. Don't get me wrong, I'm not gonna start licking toilet bowls or any thing like that, but I'm not gonna pull the hole in on myself either just because there is a cold or flu virus going around.

You're missing the point here. This is a new virus and there is no immunity to it for anyone. And it's contagious for an average 5 days before symptoms, that is how it managed to spread so fast. Not only that, it is quite a bit more lethal than a "flu virus".

Once there is a vaccine and everyone gets it, then you can brag about your immune system. In the meantime, don't underestimate the lethality. See: Italy, Spain, NYC.
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 03/29/20 04:17 PM

I only eat whatever we fix here at home. I am a cancer survivor from stage 3 bith lungs are thicker from middle up as i worked ariund Asbestos and tons of dirt kn job sites.
Both lungs also had tumors in them.
When i sand things I wear a full respirator just like when i paint.
I did hit up Sam's Club at 7 am where there were just 9 of us. We were far apart and i had the Luke I Am Your Father going for me.
So far the only ones in Louisiana that have died had preexisting conditions
I have 6 months plus of food here and ,month of gas for tben gen to keep it going. Could be 4 if i use it just for that
I am not addingv myself to the list of sick.
The only place I go is my father's home who passed away. So here to there and back no stops. My wife has been working from home as she works at one of the largest hospitals here.
She is doing 100 percent what she did there from here.
She has not left the home in 3 weeks. Nor my 22 year old son.
It could cost me dearly if i get it.
Posted By: GoodysGotaCuda

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 03/29/20 05:04 PM

We've had take out twice in the last three weeks. I am not overly concerned with it, but we are mitigating it as much as possible.
Posted By: jcc

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 03/29/20 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
We've had take out twice in the last three weeks. I am not overly concerned with it, but we are mitigating it as much as possible.

This, and IMO, the food is not the issue, its cooked, and stomach acid is pretty good about defeating most viruses if the cooking process didn't already solve that issue, it's the other careless customers that think this is only a passing flu that concern me.
Posted By: GoodysGotaCuda

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 03/29/20 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by jcc

This, and IMO, the food is not the issue, its cooked, and stomach acid is pretty good about defeating most viruses if the cooking process didn't already solve that issue, it's the other careless customers that think this is only a passing flu that concern me.

It's more so the handling of everything but the food itself for me. The container, the bag, perhaps the car it was delivered in, I just rather not worry about it.
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 03/29/20 05:53 PM

Well, from everything I've read about this Covid-19, if you consume the virus spores, your stomach acid will kill it quickly. Only way to catch this is from someone coughing or sneezing near you, & you walk into their fog & inhale the mist. I wash my hands before eating, & am now more paranoid about touching a take-out food box or any packaging, & wash hands accordingly. Hey, if this virus gets any more easy to transmit, then we are all sitting ducks. It's not if we are going to get it, but when. I still think my family had this back in mid-Feb. I got it the worst & felt really lousy for about 8 days, had ALL the symptoms, but did not experience trouble breathing. Cough lasted about 4 weeks.

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 03/29/20 06:00 PM

Use of "spores" here might be misleading and inaccurate, regardless we get the point.

I'm wondering if they will find the eyes are the easy most likely unprotected entry point for the spread of the virus, especially since from what i see on the news, mask wearers outnumber eye protection wearers over 10:1? in the general population, and the virus spread doesn't slow down.
Posted By: Jjs72D

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 03/29/20 06:13 PM

I approve of this message.
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 03/29/20 06:24 PM

Take out food from a restaurant or fast food, there's a big difference. Fast food is garbage. Take out from a place I like and am familiar with is no problem at all, now or ever. And I pick it up. No one delivers food to me.

Now as far as being afraid to go out, if I lived in a densely populated area, I would avoid people, regardless where I wanted to go. But I don't and I won't. I have an aversion to cities.

Where I live, I'm not afraid to go anywhere and don't take any precautions other than the normal stuff associated with flu season.

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 03/29/20 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by jcc

It's more so the handling of everything but the food itself for me. The container, the bag, perhaps the car it was delivered in, I just rather not worry about it.

That is what it is for us. The guy who cooked it and put itt inthe container snd bag. And tgen hands it to one of us.
Or may be standing in line infront or behind us waiting on theirs.
When i was treated i got an unkown infection that Anti-Biotics did not work on they had to try a few. That almost was it for me.
Then an inflection same deal almost killed me.
So I know not to get it with my lungs kina a been there done that.

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 03/29/20 08:36 PM

Being reminded of Naw OreLands ... you're safe with THAT reel spicy red beans and rice - with a pork chop -

No V could ever live through THAT spice ! panic

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 03/29/20 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Fiberglass
Being reminded of Naw OreLands ... you're safe with THAT reel spicy red beans and rice - with a pork chop -

No V could ever live through THAT spice! panic

Eric, that is why we have Ice Cream. {Come on Ice Cream}
Oh and 100 plus rolls of TP on hand!

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 03/29/20 10:28 PM

So that’s where that high jacked semi full of TP went !

When I visited your fair city a bit ago ...I chose NO SPICE .... because I had a limited supply of TP in the motorhomey!

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 03/30/20 12:05 AM

So that’s where that high jacked semi full of TP went !

When I visited your fair city a bit ago ...I chose NO SPICE .... because I had a limited supply of TP in the motorhomey!

I know a Thai chef. His mild is Cajun Hot!
A guy I worked with order his Hot.
I begged him not too.
He eat it but was sweating lol.
He said it was painful to.
Next time he asked for mild.
Posted By: Dave_J

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 03/30/20 01:36 AM

I do 5 star Thai all the time. Tabasco is mild, great on french fries. Trader Joe has a nice Habanero sauce that I put on hard boiled eggs.

But we have not gone out for food lately.

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 03/30/20 04:16 AM

You apimp with this HOT STUFF ! panic

HOW can you taste the original food ?

It’s like taking a PERFECT RIBEYE steak and pouring ketchup or A1 all over it tsk

All you need - IMO - is light sprinkle of seasoned salt and a touch of ground basil drool

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 03/30/20 04:34 AM

I just made two pork roasts on the grill, perfect. Enough meat for a couple weeks and that with giving my cats 1/2 of it.
Posted By: redraptor

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 03/30/20 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Jjs72D

I approve of this message.

My immune system works well too. Be careful, you can infect hundreds and not know it.
Posted By: John Brown

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 03/30/20 03:58 PM

One more article to put things in some kind of perspective. I'm not a doctor, and I don't play one on tv.

Linky -> dr-vladimir-zelenko-now-treated-699...oxychloroquine-sulfate-zinc-z-pak-update
Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 03/30/20 10:20 PM

The wife and I got a fast food carry-out last night. She picked it up. We wiped down the boxes food came in, then washed hands, put food on our plates, ate, threw
eveything away, washed hands again, sat down resumed TV binge...lol

*UPDATE* I will amend my answer from above. We have decided NOT to get get any take out food, for the forseeable future. I have pre-existing medical conditions, and have put thought into maintaining my current health as best as I can. So I can't trust others, to prepare food, without someone accidently coughing/sneezing on or near my and my wife's food. Or not washing hands when they are making the food, or packaging it up. It's gonna be food from the grocery, that will be sanitized/cleaned once it comes home. work

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 03/31/20 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by RoadRunnerLuva
The wife and I got a fast food carry-out last night. She picked it up. We wiped down the boxes food came in, then washed hands, put food on our plates, ate, threw
eveything away, washed hands again, sat down resumed TV binge...lol

Gotta LUVA all that time and effort ... by the time yur done .. you’ll be ready for BREAKFAST!
Posted By: wingman

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 04/01/20 02:37 PM

Eating is just too risky right now. Whether it's carry out or food from the grocery store, you just never know who has touched it during the growing, transportation, packaging, and preparation of that food.

I am suggesting to everyone I know just to stop eating altogether. It's just too risky. Don't eat anything for the next two weeks--four would be better.

Come to think of it, breathing is pretty dangerous as well. Better stop doing that for a couple weeks as well. Better safe than sorry.
Posted By: Mastershake340

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 04/01/20 02:42 PM

If everyone would stop eating for the next couple weeks, as a side benefit, it might help alleviate the toilet paper shortage too! penguin

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 04/01/20 03:12 PM

Haven’t heard anything specific about THIS .....

You get a pizza or Chinese take out ... would putting it in the oven at say 150 or so for X minutes kill any “bugs” ?
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 04/01/20 04:01 PM

So, where does your food come from....
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 04/01/20 04:15 PM

90% of our food is from hunting and fishing.. but we still have to go out for perishables.. our freezer is still
stocked up for another 6 months at least
wave

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 04/01/20 04:21 PM

6 months ? eek

Chest or upright ? manual defrost?

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 04/01/20 04:29 PM

6 months ? eek

Chest or upright ? manual defrost?

Its a chest freezer manual defrost.. my son is looking for one now but cant find any
wave

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 04/01/20 04:36 PM

Cu ft ? .. I’ve heard manual defrost keeps contents frozen better

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 04/01/20 04:43 PM

It does... if I recall its 600 cu ft.. plus just to make sure its working I have a thermocouple in it
to monitor the temp,,, have had this one for about 10-12 years
wave
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 04/01/20 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by MR_P_BODY

It does... if I recall its 600 cu ft.. plus just to make sure its working I have a thermocouple in it
wave

600 CU FT? eek We have a 18 cu ft upright in the garage. It's well stocked. We buy when stuff is on sale so there's always stuff in there. Couple hams,turkey breast, ribs, chuck roasts, ground beef(lots),bacon,burgers,brats,chicken breasts,etc.

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 04/01/20 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Dcuda69
Originally Posted by MR_P_BODY

wave

600 CU FT? eek We have a 18 cu ft upright in the garage. It's well stocked. We buy when stuff is on sale so there's always stuff in there. Couple hams,turkey breast, ribs, chuck roasts, ground beef(lots),bacon,burgers,brats,chicken breasts,etc.

This thing is like 8' long... we have had a Elk, 2 Caribu, 4 Deer. couple of wild turkey and still had plenty of room.
That was at one time
EDIT
Correction.. its not 600 cu ft but I dont know what it is... never measured it... I aslo have a walk in freezer at
my other house that 8'x 8'x 6' that I built
wave
Posted By: Jenntaverock

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 01/09/24 04:27 PM

I get the concern. I've been cautious, too. But sometimes, the craving for that favorite dish is real! I try to balance it - occasional takeout for a treat while mostly cooking at home, using ingredients like barley powder that adds flavor. Stay safe and spud-tacular!
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 01/09/24 05:26 PM

On the same line as food safety. Should I be worried about the micro plastics in the water I drink? I consume almost all my water from Dasani or Aquafina bottles.

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 01/09/24 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by mopars4ever
On the same line as food safety. Should I be worried about the micro plastics in the water I drink? I consume almost all my water from Dasani or Aquafina bottles.

What is not clear to me is the source of micro plastics in bottled water.
Is it the container, the original source of the water or not adequate filtering if even possible of the bottled water?

To the Op's original question, I liken it to people giving their pets clean drinking water 24/7, when they have zero hesitation to drink right out of the toilet, which then begs the question, how in the world did dogs survive say a thousand years ago, when "clean" water essentially did not exist?

I think our obsessions may actually reduce long term our ability to adapt and survive,
Posted By: calmopar

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 01/09/24 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by jcc

I think our obsessions may actually reduce long term our ability to adapt and survive,

Science agrees https://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=118140&page=1

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 01/09/24 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by calmopar
Originally Posted by jcc

Science agrees https://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=118140&page=1
I `m sure the chemicals in the antibacterial hand soaps is worse than plain old soaps which still cleans your hands.
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 01/10/24 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by Mr PotatoHead

Same here. I don't eat the crappy stuff from MOST places, and I don't trust the hands that having been touching the stuff. Admittedly, if I wasn't so ocd about what I eat (nutrition wise), I'd eat out occasionally for the convenience.
Posted By: 67vertman

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 01/10/24 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by larrymopar360

Same here. I don't eat the crappy stuff from MOST places, and I don't trust the hands that having been touching the stuff. Admittedly, if I wasn't so ocd about what I eat (nutrition wise), I'd eat out occasionally for the convenience.

After working as a city health inspector for three months, I quit eating out even at nicer places. Mom and Pop taco joints where the worst.... puke

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 01/10/24 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by 67vertman

After working as a city health inspector for three months, I quit eating out even at nicer places. Mom and Pop taco joints where the worst.... puke

Kinda of like you should never meet your heroes?

I know the fast-food perception is everything is horrible, but if so, that begs the question, why are we all still alive?
Posted By: 360view

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 01/10/24 10:55 AM

Begin to keep track of how much Fructose has been added to the food you eat.

Fructose is a “brain changing drug”
as well as a source of calories for energy.

Glucose, (starch) Maltose (beer) and Lactose (milk) do not have the powerful brain changing property that Fructose has.

“An Apple a day keeps the Doctor away”

A medium sized apple has about 10 grams of Fructose. (apples also have fiber that affects your gut health)

Try staying below 30 grams of Fructose per day.

More than half of the people in the USA are consuming more than 200 grams of Fructose per day.
About 1 in 5 people consume more than 400 grams of Fructose per day.
Posted By: Moparite

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 01/10/24 11:27 AM

Years ago i was at a restaurant at a shore board walk. I was watching the girl behind the counter and she was preparing food and taking money with no gloves or washing her hands. I was eating pizza so not much there to touch except the crust(witch i don't eat anyway). But makes you think about the source of your food? I didn't eat any fast food until two years after the pandemic started. Ever see what kind of nasty water the people on naked and afraid drink?
Posted By: GomangoCuda

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 01/10/24 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by SattyNoCar

Oh sure, I feel safe eating out............
[Linked Image]

What the heck is that? I wouldn't have touched that even before COVID was a thing

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 01/10/24 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by jcc

I know the fast-food perception is everything is horrible, but if so, that begs the question, why are we all still alive?
It's not necessarily that it'll kill you immediately. Long term effects are bad plus a lot of people think they have a bad stomach flu when it's some kind of cross contamination food poisoning.
Posted By: Charger727

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 01/10/24 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by 360view
Begin to keep track of how much Fructose has been added to the food you eat.

Fructose is a “brain changing drug”
as well as a source of calories for energy.

Glucose, (starch) Maltose (beer) and Lactose (milk) do not have the powerful brain changing property that Fructose has.

“An Apple a day keeps the Doctor away”

A medium sized apple has about 10 grams of Fructose. (apples also have fiber that affects your gut health)

Try staying below 30 grams of Fructose per day.

More than half of the people in the USA are consuming more than 200 grams of Fructose per day.
About 1 in 5 people consume more than 400 grams of Fructose per day.

RANT ON -

Don't buy anything containing "High Fructose Corn Syrup" - truly poisoning the food we eat

And I try to eliminate any kind of added sugar - sugar = Glucose+Fructose - but no fiber to help your body properly absorb the Fructose!

Also I never drink fruit juices - they have all the sugar (again lots of Fructose) - but all the fiber is destroyed

- RANT OFF

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 01/10/24 06:50 PM

Yes Sugar is evil. All the things that end in "ose". The sugar you do get should come from eating a whole fruit.

The less ingredients the better too. A bunch of things I eat have only three ingredients. Whatever the food, water, and salt. (Low salt).

Lots of leafy greens, lean meats and healthy fats such as certain nuts. Couple of pieces of fruit.

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 01/10/24 07:01 PM

Yes Sugar is evil. All the things that end in "ose". The sugar you do get should come from eating a whole fruit.

The less ingredients the better too. A bunch of things I eat have only three ingredients. Whatever the food, water, and salt. (Low salt).

Lots of leafy greens, lean meats and healthy fats such as certain nuts. Couple of pieces of fruit.
I agree on the importance of eating well but it small compared to genetics and the environment we live in . My father inlaw has never eaten well for all his life and smoked cigars and drank nothing but Coke Cola and he is 90 and gets around really well. He also will get mad when he can`t do the things he used to. LOL

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 01/11/24 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by jcc
[quote=Mr PotatoHead]Reading the posts about take out and such, Im asking myself WHY risk it? If its about supporting the business, send em a 20 in the mail.

It's not necessarily that it'll kill you immediately. Are we even sure it will kill us ever? Seems like with the hundreds of millions consuming these plastics for now many decades, something would have already been linked to their lethality. I have drank diet sodas for 3+ decades, I gave them up 100% cold turkey over 3 years ago. I now drink a 40 case of plastic bottled water weekly, and now I learned that is more harmful? Long term effects are bad plus a lot of people think they have a bad stomach flu when it's some kind of cross contamination food poisoning.

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 01/11/24 01:11 AM

The information on some plastics has been out there for decades.

Nothing is 100% for sure. All we can do is our best, based on reasonable guidelines.

This really isn't a controversial subject (or shouldn't be).

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 01/11/24 10:45 AM

We crave “sweet” so that we would eat fall ripening fruit quickly.

We crave “salty” because inland living humans became short of sodium.

Today fruit is available year round and
miners can turn out vast amounts of cheap salt from the beds underground where ancient seas dried up as continent movement “squeezed shut” bodies of sea water that sunlight then evaporated.

Today, humans should realize sweet and salty are no longer good instincts.
Posted By: ruderunner

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 01/11/24 10:58 AM

We're all going to die eventually, why not be happy in the meantime?

And all these food scares are like climate change. If they're so dangerous, why have humans been living longer?

Not to mention all the flip flop, remember eggs were good, then bad, then good etc. Sounds like we're going to freeze then boil etc.

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 01/11/24 12:15 PM

How early in life does a strong desire for sweet taste in food start?

What might cause the desire for sweetness in children to become overwhelming ?

https://www.news-medical.net/news/2...lbeing-in-curbing-teens-sweet-tooth.aspx

sample quote

At the same time, more impulsive individuals may be more likely to consume unhealthy foods when they are stressed or upset. Thus, emotion-driven impulsiveness could mediate the relationship between emotional well-being and food-related decision-making. While these relationships have been explored using correlational studies, previous research could not establish a causal impact.

end quote
Posted By: hooziewhatsit

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 01/11/24 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by jcc
It's not necessarily that it'll kill you immediately. Are we even sure it will kill us ever? Seems like with the hundreds of millions consuming these plastics for now many decades, something would have already been linked to their lethality. I have drank diet sodas for 3+ decades, I gave them up 100% cold turkey over 3 years ago. I now drink a 40 case of plastic bottled water weekly, and now I learned that is more harmful? Long term effects are bad plus a lot of people think they have a bad stomach flu when it's some kind of cross contamination food poisoning.

May not kill any of us directly, instead over the long term work

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/may/24/toxic-america-sperm-counts-plastics-research
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9134445/

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 01/11/24 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by 360view
How early in life does a strong desire for sweet taste in food start?

What might cause the desire for sweetness in children to become overwhelming ?

https://www.news-medical.net/news/2...lbeing-in-curbing-teens-sweet-tooth.aspx

sample quote

At the same time, more impulsive individuals may be more likely to consume unhealthy foods when they are stressed or upset. Thus, emotion-driven impulsiveness could mediate the relationship between emotional well-being and food-related decision-making. While these relationships have been explored using correlational studies, previous research could not establish a causal impact.

end quote

Is breastmilk sweet? Been too long for me to remember.
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 01/12/24 01:52 AM

Fill me in, what is the risk you are talking about?
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 01/12/24 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Jenntaverock
I get the concern. I've been cautious, too. But sometimes, the craving for that favorite dish is real! I try to balance it - occasional takeout for a treat while mostly cooking at home, using ingredients like barley powder that adds flavor. Stay safe and spud-tacular!

Always interesting when ones very first post is from a random topic 4 years ago…..

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 01/12/24 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Hemi_Joel

Fill me in, what is the risk you are talking about?

This is now a nearly 4-year-old outdated thread posted right in the middle of the original early only weeks old COVID panic when nearly EVERYONE knew anything for certain, all guessing/hunches aside.

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 01/12/24 05:20 PM

So?

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 01/12/24 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by ruderunner
So?

"Fill me in, what is the risk you are talking about?"

I filled in the question, no?

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 01/13/24 02:39 AM

Well no.

What risks was Tater referring to?

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 01/13/24 02:52 AM

Well no.

Sorry then , I'll try harder. His post/question was 3/29/20 in the middle of a nation/worldwide lock down with a shortage of PPE while the stock market crashed give you any hint, or are you just trying to be coy?

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 01/13/24 03:17 AM

Yep back in the freak out days of is this or that safe and 600 mile drives just for the heck of it for some.

Sure was an odd time.

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 01/13/24 10:48 AM

What was the old joke...

“I know just enough to be real dangerous”

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 01/13/24 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by jcc
Well no.

Sorry then , I'll try harder. His post/question was 3/29/20 in the middle of a nation/worldwide lock down with a shortage of PPE while the stock market crashed give you any hint, or are you just trying to be coy?

Oh, the overreaction to the annual flu season? Yeah my life was pretty normal except tp got hard to find for a bit.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Do you really feel safe with take out food? - 01/14/24 03:36 PM

after going to the grocery store and spending $250.00+ on food, when "taking it out" to the car, i feel like someone will try to mug "that old man" and take my cart of food. biggrin
beer
© 2024 Moparts Forums