Moparts

EXTENSION of the bumper to bumper warranty?

Posted By: BeEtLeJuIcE !

EXTENSION of the bumper to bumper warranty? - 03/27/20 06:29 PM

....on a new car ... from 3yr/30k miles to 6/60 ? ... what should that warranty extension cost be ? And are there SPECIFIC service requirements to maintain that warranty?
Posted By: 4406bbl

Re: EXTENSION of the bumper to bumper warranty? - 03/27/20 07:06 PM

Your dealer should be able to sell you one. Our dealer offered lifetime/100,000k, on a scat pack, not offered on hellcats, it was $1500, and requires 1 oil change at the dealer per year. It covers everything, and you can buy more miles if you want more. Im sure there are better deals out there, and I would still get oil changed more often, we got the once a year in writting. I was after the lifetime on electrical, and fuel issues, will never see 100k, car is just a toy. It is also transferable, so figure a purple woman driven only on nice days scat challenger with a warranty will bring the $1500 back if she sells it...but doubt she ever will sell it.

Re: EXTENSION of the bumper to bumper warranty? - 03/27/20 07:27 PM

Thx for you our post but I have something unusual to report ....

The dealer ADDED that extension onto the finance contract for 25$ per month but only during the finance period.

SO .... if the TOTAL LOAN is paid off early ... then that 25$ fee stops.

Soooo ..... the earliest payoff date is 90 days ... so I get a 6/60 for 75$ ?

And the finance guy agrees ... but that’s the DEAL OF A LIFETIME some are saying !!
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: EXTENSION of the bumper to bumper warranty? - 03/27/20 08:04 PM

Maybe your lifetime smile

Re: EXTENSION of the bumper to bumper warranty? - 03/27/20 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Potatohead
Maybe your lifetime smile

Well I’m going to be around a LONG TIME ....

I have many tasks to do ... THE NOBLE CRUSADER ! smoke
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: EXTENSION of the bumper to bumper warranty? - 03/27/20 08:55 PM

I bought a lifetime powertrain warranty on my 2015 Ram 4x4 because we all know how well I live with transmissions. It was $1500 and $200 out of pocket for every fix. So far I have used it for a blown rear diff and broken studs on the 5.7 exhaust manifolds (which Chrysler well knows are a common issue and should be paying for). I will be using it on my transmission soon at 197K miles, hope it lasts well in the 200's but I have felt a slip lately... laugh2

Re: EXTENSION of the bumper to bumper warranty? - 03/27/20 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Fiberglass

The dealer ADDED that extension onto the finance contract for 25$ per month but only during the finance period.

And the finance guy agrees ... but that’s the DEAL OF A LIFETIME some are saying !!

Can't beat that, if there is no early payoff penalty jump on it. I doubt it, but be cool of it works out. Get it in writing first.

Re: EXTENSION of the bumper to bumper warranty? - 03/27/20 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by 4406bbl

Can't beat that, if there is no early payoff penalty jump on it. I doubt it, but be cool of it works out. Get it in writing first.

I hear you .. IN WRITING... my first payment is next month ... it DOES sound too good to be true - but I have that early payoff in writing .....

that loan was zero down but it’s at 13% !

Gotta get it refi-ed... at a much lower rate

Re: EXTENSION of the bumper to bumper warranty? - 03/27/20 11:10 PM

Ya chrysler credit makes you finance for 90 days, or 3 payments, to get low rates or in our case a kickback on the loan, so we paid all but $100 at time of purchase to get the extra $500. I hope you luck out on that deal.

Re: EXTENSION of the bumper to bumper warranty? - 03/28/20 01:42 AM

Ya chrysler credit makes you finance for 90 days, or 3 payments, to get low rates or in our case a kickback on the loan, so we paid all but $100 at time of purchase to get the extra $500. I hope you luck out on that deal.

It’s Chrysler Capital I’m dealing with ... but why would they let you pay off that loan so quickly ?

With that redate .., they’re losing big money !
Posted By: cudatom

Re: EXTENSION of the bumper to bumper warranty? - 03/28/20 02:08 AM

Yikes 13% that hurts. I'm at 2.49 for 84 months. It will be PIF in 3. Only financed that long because sometimes things happen and its nice having a small payment when the unexpected happens.

I think they wanted 2.5k for the extended warranty when I got my truck last summer. If they had offered a deal like that I would have taken it also. Would have refinanced after 90 days and got the warranty on the cheap.

Re: EXTENSION of the bumper to bumper warranty? - 03/28/20 05:14 AM

13 is a bummer but over 3 months it’s not that bad. My credit report was dinged back last August ... and that bogus charge was supposed to have been reversed by Capital one but suddenly sent to a collection attorney THEN the attorney is sending it BACK to Cap1 !

My only credit history IS with credit cards and I had a good number up until August - 780.

Buttttt what I can’t figure out is WHY they gave me the car with NOTHING DOWN ??!! ....

Re: EXTENSION of the bumper to bumper warranty? - 03/28/20 05:15 AM

Yes they do lose money on that end of the deal, on people like me, I finance nothing unless I make money on the offer, I just don't make enough money to pay interest. It was explained to me by the salesman, the manager, and the dealership owner exactly how to do it, all money down but $100, make 4 payments so you do not get caught in a 89 day BS deal. Sales manager said very few people actually buy a car that way, or screw it up somehow, so it pays off for them. They offered it, I cashed in. They give teacher, military, realtor police business, farmer and who knows what else discounts, pretty sure enough is built into a car to help a cash paying 40 year customer too. I will never forget Ron Olsen Olsen Dodge told me there is so much funny money in the car business that even I can't keep it straight when he sold his dealership to the big boys. Don't worry, they made money on the other end, just a little less. The car also only sat on the lot for a week... so no carry costs there. It's mostly borrowed, leveraged money building and setting those cars on a lot.

Re: EXTENSION of the bumper to bumper warranty? - 03/28/20 05:21 AM

13 is a bummer but over 3 months it’s not that bad. My credit report was dinged back last August ... and that bogus charge was supposed to have been reversed by Capital one but suddenly sent to a collection attorney THEN the attorney is sending it BACK to Cap1 !

My only credit history IS with credit cards and I had a good number up until August - 780.

Buttttt what I can’t figure out is WHY they gave me the car with NOTHING DOWN ??!! ....

So you pay more interest, to make up for what they lost on me. It's a game. I am sure they would love to pass a law where you could not do what I did.

Re: EXTENSION of the bumper to bumper warranty? - 03/28/20 05:21 AM

Check out my post ... posted ONE MINUTE before yours !

Re: EXTENSION of the bumper to bumper warranty? - 03/28/20 05:29 AM

But 6 ..... I don’t think they would have accepted a huge down and very little remaining over 90 days .... I would think Chrysler Capital would THEN KNOW what my plans were.

There was 600$ discount for financing ....

Even though I did get a deal on the car .... and I bet NOW you could get a better deal ..... I’m sure that the dealer and FCA made good money on the car.

Re: EXTENSION of the bumper to bumper warranty? - 03/28/20 06:18 AM

But 6 ..... I don’t think they would have accepted a huge down and very little remaining over 90 days .... I would think Chrysler Capital would THEN KNOW what my plans were.

There was 600$ discount for financing ....

Even though I did get a deal on the car .... and I bet NOW you could get a better deal ..... I’m sure that the dealer and FCA made good money on the car.

Well they took the big down from us, everything worked out exactly like they promised. As far as a better deal now, maybe, but we had a control number, somebody ordered this car and refused it over caliper color, and they hit us low. Also no plum crazy now so would not want one.

Re: EXTENSION of the bumper to bumper warranty? - 03/28/20 06:27 AM

Caliper color ? So they wanted red ...or maybe PINK ? lol

Re: EXTENSION of the bumper to bumper warranty? - 03/28/20 06:32 AM

Caliper color ? So they wanted red ...or maybe PINK ? lol

They wanted red, looks good on purple cars, has black, what she wanted

Re: EXTENSION of the bumper to bumper warranty? - 03/28/20 06:39 AM

What’s the spec on the 3 calipers? Color and pistons ?

Mine are the std black ... I can’t IMAGINE needing a better braking system on a street or drag car.

Now maybe SO on a road race car like at Sebring..,

Re: EXTENSION of the bumper to bumper warranty? - 03/28/20 07:27 AM

What’s the spec on the 3 calipers? Color and pistons ?

Mine are the std black ... I can’t IMAGINE needing a better braking system on a street or drag car.

Now maybe SO on a road race car like at Sebring..,

Color and size, 4 piston standard or 6 piston optional with dynamics pkg and widebodies too I think. The brakes are kickass, one off the best parts of the car, will be $$$ to replace but they get you out of trouble fast.

Re: EXTENSION of the bumper to bumper warranty? - 03/28/20 07:37 AM

Std black and regular red are 4 piston? Red/4 700$ ?

Red 6 ... Hellcat only ? 1200$ ?
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: EXTENSION of the bumper to bumper warranty? - 03/28/20 01:15 PM

Me tHImkS you will NOT get the warrantee for $75 work

Re: EXTENSION of the bumper to bumper warranty? - 03/28/20 05:36 PM

4 or 6 any color, 6 on scats with dynamics pkg, widebody, and hellcats. Think it was more than $1200, included 275 p-zeros, wider rims.
Posted By: Runner2go

Re: EXTENSION of the bumper to bumper warranty? - 03/28/20 06:08 PM

4 or 6 any color, 6 on scats with dynamics pkg, widebody, and hellcats. Think it was more than $1200, included 275 p-zeros, wider rims.

Standard brake color now I think is Black across the board. Not sure on Hellcat
It used to be the company decided it... and it was Red on all, except the early 300SRT's that got Silver.

Now the 4-piston are standard, but you have to pay $450 to change the color from standard to something else. (3 or 4 choices)
The 6-piston only come on the Hellcats, and the pre-19 T/A's & Dayton's... Still had to pay $450 to change the color from standard.
19+ 6-p is Hellcat & Widebody only... or PAY whatever the Dynamic package costs these days on everything else, including T/A & Daytona's
Then pay another $450 on top of that to change the color of the 6-piston if you want from black to Red, Orange or maybe silver if still available.

Changing to Dynamics is definitely more than $1200... because it forces other changes, and they all add up. frown
Dynamic's jumps to the wider rims & all season tires... but P-Zero Summer Tires are still another additional up charge on top.
Turns out 2017 & 18 were the high water mark for the all inclusive packages...
Starting in 19 they broke things down more, so you could pick and choose... but getting back to '17, '18 T/A or Daytona level cost more now.
May as well just jump to a widebody right off the bat. biggrin

I wish we would have know about that extended warranty on financing for $25.month trick, I would have done that.

We took their dealer financing because it included yet another cash discount and 2.75% (Couldn't do the Chrysler 0 or 0.9% because you would lose the rebate at the time) then refinanced with our credit union that offers to beat dealer rates by 1/2%... for 2.25% 2 months later. Still Dodge always deals on anything that's not "The car fad of the moment"... The wife's Daytona listed at almost $52 and we walked it out the door for $43k even... Including the TAX & TAGS... I don't even know what they listed the final car price at... paperwork shows all kinds of up and down charges... I just handed them a check for 20, with a 23k loan... 2 Months later we got a check from the State of PA for $300 State Tax refund for sales tax overpayment. Maryland charges Sales Tax on Rebates... PA does not... I kept telling the dealer that.. and he didn't believe me.... I based my offer on no sales tax on the rebate and never waived... they finally agreed lowered there price... and I still ended up getting the Tax back anyway... Call that a Win! lol laugh2
Big shout out to Rich (SNK-EYZ) for providing a F&F code that helped kick off that whole Deal. thumbs

Re: EXTENSION of the bumper to bumper warranty? - 03/28/20 07:57 PM

BTW there Sr Cit,a bumper to bumper warrentee does NOT cover the bumpers stirthepot grin

Re: EXTENSION of the bumper to bumper warranty? - 03/29/20 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by hemi-itis
BTW there Sr Cit,a bumper to bumper warrentee does NOT cover the bumpers stirthepot grin

THANK YOU Mr Bumper Xpert .. the guy who WATERED HIS TIRES (and panties) on the BIG END at E-town and BUMPED THE WALL at 140 mph with his bumper and fender !! tsk grin

Re: EXTENSION of the bumper to bumper warranty? - 03/29/20 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by hemi-itis

THANK YOU Mr Bumper Xpert .. the guy who WATERED HIS TIRES (and panties) on the BIG END at E-town and BUMPED THE WALL at 140 mph with his bumper and fender !! tsk grin

Still went 10.60 @ 85MPH goin over the stripe sideways............ bawling

Attached picture 7.28.13 185.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums