Moparts

Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ?

Posted By: dOrk !

Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/15/20 06:22 PM

..., Scat Pack or Hellcat.... I maybe had 10 minutes drive time in a Scat and a 5 minute ride in a Hellcat some time ago then I jsta pulled the trigger on a 20 Scat Charger .... Near 40k$ is a touch heavy on a car but since I’m a bit over 38 years old and never had a new car - I felt I was deserving enough !

Put about 300 miles on it yesterday.., day-ummm !

I don’t think I’ll ever think of my 62 Belvedere again .... even though it’s nearly a 12 flat car with a 276 gear and iron manifolds.

The handling ... brakes... electronics.... and the AC ... in Florida!

I am TRULY IMPRESSED !

What say you ?
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/15/20 07:51 PM

AWESOME Doc!!! Congratulations!!! I'm completely with you! I love the old stuff, and will always have at least one oldie for that feel and sound, but it's really hard to argue the new stuff for exactly what you mentioned. AWESOME!!!
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/15/20 09:03 PM

Congrats Doc! grin
Posted By: Ramrod39

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/15/20 09:05 PM

Enjoy Doc. up
Posted By: Jjs72D

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/15/20 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Fiberglass
..., Scat Pack or Hellcat.... I maybe had 10 minutes drive time in a Scat and a 5 minute ride in a Hellcat some time ago then I jsta pulled the trigger on a 20 Scat Charger .... Near 40k$ is a touch heavy on a car but since I’m a bit over 5 8 years old and never had a new car - I felt I was deserving enough !

Corrected for truth.
Nobody cares that you are not a young guy anymore, Eric. Most of the members here are over 50, right?
Glad you are enjoying the car !
Posted By: DirectSubjection

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/15/20 10:04 PM

Awesome - congrats! I've rented a bunch of Chargers and Challengers and i really love them up
Posted By: Dartsport540

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/15/20 10:37 PM

Congrats on the new car. I bought a 2010 Challenger SRT Hurst edition in October 2010. Great car to drive. Added a Kenne Belle blower 4 years ago. More power!! Lots of fun.!!

Attached picture tn_159_5956.JPG
Attached picture tn_165_6547.JPG
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/15/20 10:39 PM

A bit over 38? More like 68. It's about time you finally bought one.
Posted By: 4406bbl

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/16/20 01:17 AM

Ya, the old stuff kinda sucks after taking a bite of the apple. Congrats, we love our scat.
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/16/20 01:31 AM

Congratulations on getting the Scat Pack! up

I love the old stuff but the new muscle cars are definitely more driver friendly and a blast to drive.
Posted By: loco340cuda

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/16/20 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by SNK-EYZ

I love the old stuff but the new muscle cars are definitely more driver friendly and a blast to drive.

iagree
Posted By: moparx

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/16/20 04:20 PM

cool deal DoC !
just tRy to save a few BuCkS in your bank for what's his name's InHeRiTaNcE.......... biggrin
beer
Posted By: 71charger

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/16/20 05:13 PM

I had a '10 SRT8 Challenger that I thought I would own forever. Until I looked at the '15 Scat Pack. So, the dealer got what was pretty much a brand new SRT8 on trade and drove off in the Scat Pack. Haven't regretted it for a second.

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/16/20 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by 71charger
I had a '10 SRT8 Challenger that I thought I would own forever. Until I looked at the '15 Scat Pack. So, the dealer got what was pretty much a brand new SRT8 on trade and drove off in the Scat Pack. Haven't regretted it for a second.

A 10 SRT8 is way diff than a 15 SP ? ...

I’ll get to the rest of youz apimp - in a bit !
tonguue grin
Posted By: WyleECoyote

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/16/20 11:05 PM

I don’t think I’ll ever think of my 62 Belvedere again .... even though it’s nearly a 12 flat car with a 276 gear and iron manifolds.

What say you ?

Hopefully you'll think of your 62 Belvedere; again. And drive it. And when you do, if you're like me, you'll be, "Oh man, I missed you Belvedere!!" I bounce between my Hellcat Charger, 71 Super Bee, '09 300, 72 Imperial, etc, etc. and each time, I love driving each and every one of them, for their individual differences, for the cars that they were, for the cars that they are, and for the joy they bring me at the time I'm driving them. Congrats on the new car, and don't wait too long before driving ole '62!

Attached picture Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 7.03.00 PM.png
Posted By: Twostick

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/16/20 11:20 PM

I've got a 300C which by comparison to a Scatpak etc really isn't muscle, but compared to classic muscle, it could more than hold it's own in a straight line against most if not all of them. If brakes and corners are involved it could wax all of them.

Kevin
Posted By: WyleECoyote

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/16/20 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Twostick
I've got a 300C which by comparison to a Scatpak etc really isn't muscle, but compared to classic muscle, it could more than hold it's own in a straight line against most if not all of them. If brakes and corners are involved it could wax all of them.

Kevin

SPOT ON!
Posted By: topside

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/16/20 11:37 PM

I'd be interested in an old prehistoric, caveman '62 Savoy or Belvedere...

My 1st impression of the new Mopar muscle was when I worked at a Dodge dealership.
I thought "cool, nice cars; really small windows, though" and how much boxier the new Challenger was vs the original...
Drove 'em all: great power & good dynamics, but I have no desire for all the electronics and nannies.

Regardless, they're still nice, and I'm glad they're out there and folks are enjoying them.
And I respect that they're better at almost everything than the old cars.
I'm just hung up on the visceral stuff, simplicity, and styling of the old stuff.

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/17/20 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by 71charger

A 10 SRT8 is way diff than a 15 SP ? ...

I’ll get to the rest of youz apimp - in a bit !
tonguue grin

Between '10 and '15 the interiors were substantially updated, the 425hp 6.1 replaced by the 485hp 6.4, and the grill, hood, and tail panel restyled

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/17/20 03:22 AM

Oooops ...I knew about the engine size diff BUT JUST a .3 liter diff is worth that kind of power diff?

Or what else is there ?

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/17/20 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by larrymopar360
AWESOME Doc!!! Congratulations!!! I'm completely with you! I love the old stuff, and will always have at least one oldie for that feel and sound, but it's really hard to argue the new stuff for exactly what you mentioned. AWESOME!!!

Thx lMop ... but dropping almost 40k was a surprise .., I was thinking about buying a wrecked SP or HC and then transferring everything into a REAL Ugly Betty but that’s over my head since I’m slightly over 39 years old !!

And tb .... I hope to .... and being open about the purchase - if someone wants my dealer contact I’ll be glad to share it.

I got a base 2020 car ... that is LESS EXPENSIVE than some 17, 18 or 19 cars with MANY MILES on them. They still have 2 black Charger cars ... a green and blue one - not B5. Also have a couple of Challengers.

Thx Ram .... and can you believe that I’m a touch over 39 and never bought a new car ?

Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/17/20 03:11 PM

About time dOc,I's bet you put 400 miles on it yeterday!! CONGRATZ!

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/18/20 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by hemi-itis
About time dOc,I's bet you put 400 miles on it yeterday!! CONGRATZ!

Thx itis ..... not much more mileage since pickup ... with the stuff going on here and prepping for my trip up to Chicago to pick up a small boat I’m taxed for time.

I’ll be back in a bit for the rest of youz guyz up
Posted By: kab69440

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/18/20 11:42 PM

I have been drooling over the late model Challengers since the were released. Last fall, I got the opportunity to test cruise a low mile '15 Scat Pack six-speed. Our local dealership is located on a highway just outside of city limits. First turn out of the lot and by third gear I knew I was taking it home. The manager was not impressed with my exit from his lot...
Posted By: -Cuda

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/19/20 01:33 AM

About time.

I clay barred and used exoforma cermashield this evening.

If you decide on a minor upgrade on the exhaust the vibrant1794 are pretty decent.....deeper rumble over stock, not much louder cruising, but will put a smile on your face when you hit the go pedal.

Attached picture F58AADF1-CC79-4D02-BADB-916763C2E50E.jpeg
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/19/20 03:34 AM

Congrats on your new toy!!

I know it's not modern Mopar muscle but it's a blast to drive! It has all the creature comforts(radar cruise,blind spot,backup camera,etc,etc) and 460HP w/ 10 speed auto. Crank it up to 4k(7k+ redline) and let that auto tick through the gears and you're in triple digit land in a hurry!

[Linked Image]

If I want old school, I hop in this...470" low deck,4 spd 3:73 geared, man steering/brakes. I still love driving this old girl and it's a hoot when you hit the loud pedal but road trips in the new muscle will be a tad more comfy.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jjs72D

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/19/20 03:52 AM

In 2008 when the first Challengers were released as SRT8 models, I was 23 years old and just out of college. I went to visit my sister in California and we drove past a Dodge dealer. They had a black one in the showroom with silver stripes. I still remember that car. I got a brochure and looked at it several times over the years. I was driving a loser cruiser Honda at the time. I lusted after the Challenger but any thought of owning one was so far out of reach.
My sister bought an R/T new in 2015. What a great car.
Posted By: redraptor

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/19/20 11:45 AM

Congrats, Doc. Pics or it didn't happen. scope

Attached picture greenie.jpg

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/19/20 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by redraptor

reD .... HERES yur pic ! ... and actually a lime green machine would have been deeply considered IF one had been available!

Attached picture F025FDBC-6E3A-4A2A-B4F5-BC77702BA278.jpeg

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/19/20 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Jjs72D
..., Scat Pack or Hellcat.... I maybe had 10 minutes drive time in a Scat and a 5 minute ride in a Hellcat some time ago then I jsta pulled the trigger on a 20 Scat Charger .... Near 40k$ is a touch heavy on a car but since I’m a bit over 5 8 years old and never had a new car - I felt I was deserving enough !

Corrected for truth.
Nobody cares that you are not a young guy anymore, Eric. Most of the members here are over 50, right?
Glad you are enjoying the car !

jJs— i always geta laugh2 ... when ozbbq about the age thing ! .... and your allegation is a touch low toooo !

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/19/20 07:19 PM

Nice car Doc! Did you fall down and take the pic?? laugh2

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/19/20 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Dartsport540
Congrats on the new car. I bought a 2010 Challenger SRT Hurst edition in October 2010. Great car to drive. Added a Kenne Belle blower 4 years ago. More power!! Lots of fun.!!

Thx DS and Ds .... it’s been a new experience! ....never having a BRAND NEW CAR. And it’s been A VERY LONG TIME since I’ve even ridden in a privately owned one.

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/19/20 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by SNK-EYZ

SNK eek ! .... muchO thx to Rich ... assisted me in many wayz! ....

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/19/20 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by tboomer
Nice car Doc! Did you fall down and take the pic?? laugh2

t .... grin ... it’s something with my phone ???? .., this pic posted sideways ... the pic of the Lancer posted “right” ... ????

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/19/20 07:43 PM

I don't know...I have never posted from a phone.

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/19/20 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by moparx
cool deal DoC !
just tRy to save a few BuCkS in your bank for what's his name's InHeRiTaNcE.......... biggrin
beer

OleHam2... his what ? ... the way he’s living... I’ll be collecting some inheritance FROM HIM!

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/19/20 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by WyleECoyote

What say you ?

Hopefully you'll think of your 62 Belvedere; again. And drive it. And when you do, if you're like me, you'll be, "Oh man, I missed you Belvedere!!" I bounce between my Hellcat Charger, 71 Super Bee, '09 300, 72 Imperial, etc, etc. and each time, I love driving each and every one of them, for their individual differences, for the cars that they were, for the cars that they are, and for the joy they bring me at the time I'm driving them. Congrats on the new car, and don't wait too long before driving ole '62!

WHYlee.... I hear you but sometimes you have to move on. I’ve had that car since 1970 .... but chit happens. I finally sold my northern Michigan property and I have until October to remove the remaining stuff with NO PLACE down here to put it. The 62 has been sitting since 04 .... and as itis suggested - part of it has probably melted into the ground frown

I am TRYING to find some storage space to move stuff here ... but the cost is huge and ALL THIS STUFF is 1500 mules away frown

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/19/20 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by topside
I'd be interested in an old prehistoric, caveman '62 Savoy or Belvedere...

My 1st impression of the new Mopar muscle was when I worked at a Dodge dealership.
I thought "cool, nice cars; really small windows, though" and how much boxier the new Challenger was vs the original...
Drove 'em all: great power & good dynamics, but I have no desire for all the electronics and nannies.

Regardless, they're still nice, and I'm glad they're out there and folks are enjoying them.
And I respect that they're better at almost everything than the old cars.
I'm just hung up on the visceral stuff, simplicity, and styling of the old stuff.

ts .... well drop me a line ! ... I’ve got THAT plus two classic motor homes... a 90 mph HydroStream ... a old shovel nose drag boat and that 440 84 Laser ...

That ole 62 ... is how I got started in the fiberglass business!

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/20/20 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by Guitar Jones

I KNEW I forgot someone!

now NOW geeTAR gEeZeR... tsk

You question my allegations? laugh2

Now YOU take care of yurself...

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/20/20 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by redraptor

reD .... HERES yur pic ! ... and actually a lime green machine would have been deeply considered IF one had been available!

Nice, you won't regret it. I was open to almost any color if I got a good enough deal as I was buying used. Take it easy on break-in! drive

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/20/20 02:16 PM

reDe .... I would have considered used tooo .., but THE MARKET here wanted almost as much for used as new.

PLUS ... I’ve never had new before ...

What are their recommendations as far as break in ?

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/20/20 03:08 PM

hay DoC, you posted a pic of an EaRlY a-body in the other topic.
you gonna break in yer NeW ride then do a body swap ? devil
beer

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/20/20 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by moparx
hay DoC, you posted a pic of an EaRlY a-body in the other topic.
you gonna break in yer NeW ride then do a body swap ? devil
beer

hAy oleHam2 ! .... body swap ? .... only IF I wreck this 2020 ! eek

I do find that early A body an attractive situation BUT me thimks THAT EVEN IF I found a total ..... the labor process putting it together would be extremely expensive!

Like the Cuda Kevin Hart had !

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/21/20 12:29 PM

What are their recommendations as far as break in ?

IDK about Scats, but HC was no wide open blasts till 500 miles.
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/21/20 03:46 PM

Im in the market for an old car.
I HAD serious thoughts to either a newer Challenger SRT or something, maybe even a Viper.
Went so far as to take a yellow hemi Challenger RT for a drive.
Came back and the salesman was ready to right it up then and there.
Told him no, I just couldn't do it.

The new stuff doesnt have the same feel to them like vintage iron does. At least not to me
Posted By: toplescuda

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/21/20 03:47 PM

Wife kept bugging me wanting a hellcat. Non stop. Already had a pretty bad ass 74 challenger with a non stock 426 hemi
So told her. Can have one or the other. She picked the helkcat.
So we bought a new 15 cat challenger stick shift. Had both for about 2 months
Holy crap. The old 426 hemi. Don't even compare at all. I truly can't beleave they sell something like that. It's unreal
And now they have even more bad ass cars and suv,s. Great times for sure..

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/21/20 03:55 PM

Yep. Who does he think he's fooling???

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/21/20 04:03 PM

Surprisingly, the Chargers look really good in white. When I cruise the internet looking at the various colors, I think the white ones are one of the best looking!

Don't baby it on break-in. Actually, you're already past the crucial break-in mileage.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/21/20 11:57 PM

Surprisingly, the Chargers look really good in white. When I cruise the internet looking at the various colors, I think the white ones are one of the best looking!

Don't baby it on break-in. Actually, you're already past the crucial break-in mileage.

I see a guy on my way home sometimes with a white hellcat charger with brass monkey wheels. EXACTLY how I would order one, it kills me every time I see it!

It is tempting to get rid of my Barracuda and buy a 1320 Challenger. I could get lots of enjoyment from one of those. I have a nice company truck but if I had to go back to my own vehicle it would be hard not to jump in a 1320.

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/22/20 02:13 AM

A white SP Charger with perfect tinted windows.....

WINNING at Winn Dixie supermarket.. smoke

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/22/20 02:15 AM

Now I can’t post a pic ? ... rant

Attached picture 2C486B79-F443-4321-BFD5-11E25AF041D3.jpeg

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/22/20 03:39 AM

Yep. Who does he think he's fooling???

.... hay HAY ... a bit ... a tad ... A TOUCH !!! .... xmaseek

And wasssupy with GRANpa GEeZeR GeeTAR pointing fingers ?!!... biggrin

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/22/20 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by Bad340fish

I see a guy on my way home sometimes with a white hellcat charger with brass monkey wheels. EXACTLY how I would order one, it kills me every time I see it!

It is tempting to get rid of my Barracuda and buy a 1320 Challenger. I could get lots of enjoyment from one of those. I have a nice company truck but if I had to go back to my own vehicle it would be hard not to jump in a 1320.

I’m thinking that lMop has been PEAKING !

I was thinking about lime green or destroyer gray but there was nothing like that available......

And IN FLORIDA white is the only thing RIGHT !

The sun beats the heck out of a dark color !!

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/22/20 11:35 AM

Sublime was '15 and '18. Go Green and Destroyer Gray were '19 IIRC. I was actually looking for PCP but when a deal pops up you go for it. Which is how I ended up with Ole Pinky.

Attached picture 054.jpg

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/22/20 02:05 PM

After our infant grandson moved in with us, we traded the blue one for a Charger.

Attached picture phpVLwj5IAM.jpg

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/22/20 02:52 PM

Now I can’t post a pic ? ... rant

you got your TrIfOcAlS on DoC ?
i can see the pic. looks good ! up
beer

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/22/20 02:58 PM

The line up while we still had two Challengers.

Attached picture phpN9D6ciAM.jpg

Re: Your FIRST impression of modern Mopar muscle ? - 03/22/20 03:04 PM

Trade in day. Someone got themselves an almost brand new Challenger. Hated to see it go, but having to deal with a child's car seat, four doors just seemed a better solution.

Attached picture phpj6wP3PAM.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums