Moparts

STEVE JULIANOS OLD CHALLENGER R/T BACK ON THE BLOCK

Posted By: rdrnr6970

STEVE JULIANOS OLD CHALLENGER R/T BACK ON THE BLOCK - 02/27/20 02:07 PM

Looks like steves 70 sunroof challenger R/Ts back on the mecum block this coming march.I was wondering if anyone would want to get some of his old cars and memorabilia together in one place so everyone could see even a small part of his great collection together again?Just a thought.
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: STEVE JULIANOS OLD CHALLENGER R/T BACK ON THE BLOCK - 02/27/20 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by rdrnr6970
Looks like steves 70 sunroof challenger R/Ts back on the mecum block this coming march.I was wondering if anyone would want to get some of his old cars and memorabilia together in one place so everyone could see even a small part of his great collection together again?Just a thought.

Figures

Re: STEVE JULIANOS OLD CHALLENGER R/T BACK ON THE BLOCK - 02/27/20 04:42 PM

I thought it went to someone that really wanted it,but i guess forwhatever reason its being sold in less then a year.
Posted By: Neil

Re: STEVE JULIANOS OLD CHALLENGER R/T BACK ON THE BLOCK - 02/27/20 04:48 PM

The orange car with the black top? I have the Mopar Action issue with that car featured and it looks amazing. If money was no object I'd be after that one.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: STEVE JULIANOS OLD CHALLENGER R/T BACK ON THE BLOCK - 02/27/20 05:03 PM

I thought it went to someone that really wanted it,but i guess forwhatever reason its being sold in less then a year.

IIRC Dana Mecum "purchased" that car from SJ's Estate before any of the stuff went to auction...

Re: STEVE JULIANOS OLD CHALLENGER R/T BACK ON THE BLOCK - 02/27/20 05:06 PM

I love it too!I wish i could've bought it too!
Posted By: HoosierTA

Re: STEVE JULIANOS OLD CHALLENGER R/T BACK ON THE BLOCK - 02/27/20 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by DAYCLONA

IIRC Dana Mecum "purchased" that car from SJ's Estate before any of the stuff went to auction...

Certainly makes it profitable when you don't pay buyer or seller vig.
Posted By: TONY_DAGOSTINO

Re: STEVE JULIANOS OLD CHALLENGER R/T BACK ON THE BLOCK - 02/27/20 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by DAYCLONA

Dana bought the 2 hemi sunroof challengers and the red 71 6bbl cuda convert from Steve in the spring of 2018,
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: STEVE JULIANOS OLD CHALLENGER R/T BACK ON THE BLOCK - 02/27/20 08:19 PM

The orange 71 was the Gary Unger car - correct? What was the pedigree behind the 70 car we are talking about here?

Re: STEVE JULIANOS OLD CHALLENGER R/T BACK ON THE BLOCK - 02/27/20 09:15 PM

Steve bought the 70 from Galen Govier.
the 71 Steve got from Walt Downer, + if gary unger was a hockey player, then i believe thats who owned it when new
Posted By: 318 Stroker

Re: STEVE JULIANOS OLD CHALLENGER R/T BACK ON THE BLOCK - 02/27/20 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by TONY_DAGOSTINO
Steve bought the 70 from Galen Govier.
the 71 Steve got from Walt Downer, + if gary unger was a hockey player, then i believe thats who owned it when new

Yes, Garry Unger was a hockey player.
Posted By: 69_SIX_PACK

Re: STEVE JULIANOS OLD CHALLENGER R/T BACK ON THE BLOCK - 02/27/20 10:14 PM

Here is the link to the 1970 Challenger R/T Hemi 4-Speed Sunroof:

https://www.mecum.com/lots/AZ0320-427832/1970-dodge-hemi-challenger-rt/

Dave
Posted By: Neil

Re: STEVE JULIANOS OLD CHALLENGER R/T BACK ON THE BLOCK - 02/27/20 10:46 PM

Amazing car.
Posted By: Mastershake340

Re: STEVE JULIANOS OLD CHALLENGER R/T BACK ON THE BLOCK - 02/28/20 03:16 AM

Seeing this car listed again makes me wonder what is going on. Someone paid over 600K for it last May, plus fees taxes etc, now less than a year later, they are selling it again at a Mecum auction?
Or is it some sort of game the auction is playing, phony bid it up and show it sold at an impressive price, but in reality it didn’t really sell at all?
Posted By: mattsmopars

Re: STEVE JULIANOS OLD CHALLENGER R/T BACK ON THE BLOCK - 02/28/20 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mastershake340
Seeing this car listed again makes me wonder what is going on. Someone paid over 600K for it last May, plus fees taxes etc, now less than a year later, they are selling it again at a Mecum auction?
Or is it some sort of game the auction is playing, phony bid it up and show it sold at an impressive price, but in reality it didn’t really sell at all?

I would have to assume your all over it since Dana Mecum owned the car.
Matt
Posted By: biggE

Re: STEVE JULIANOS OLD CHALLENGER R/T BACK ON THE BLOCK - 02/28/20 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by mattsmopars
Originally Posted by Mastershake340

I would have to assume your all over it since Dana Mecum owned the car.
Matt

I would believe this after seeing this same thing happen before with other cars

Re: STEVE JULIANOS OLD CHALLENGER R/T BACK ON THE BLOCK - 02/28/20 10:11 PM

creating a market
Posted By: PhillyRag

Re: STEVE JULIANOS OLD CHALLENGER R/T BACK ON THE BLOCK - 02/29/20 07:35 AM

They WANTED IT, but didn't necessarily LIKE IT: Flip-Flop
Posted By: That AMC Guy

Re: STEVE JULIANOS OLD CHALLENGER R/T BACK ON THE BLOCK - 02/29/20 08:47 AM

It's a Hemi car, with 15 inch wheels and it still has wheel arch molding?

Was it only 'Cudas that deleted the molding when 15" tires were optioned? (the "Hemi Fender")
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: STEVE JULIANOS OLD CHALLENGER R/T BACK ON THE BLOCK - 02/29/20 09:12 AM

hemi'cudas deleted the wheel lip mouldings during January 1970
HEMI Challenger R/Ts wheel lip mouldings were deleted later in the spring

the subject Challenger R/T was "scheduled" in October '69

Re: STEVE JULIANOS OLD CHALLENGER R/T BACK ON THE BLOCK - 02/29/20 08:54 PM

I remember Steve telling me that the model standing through the suroof on the 71 challenger was wearing her high heels and standing on the front bucket seats ouch! That photo was on the 2004 issue of mcg.Now I also have the 70 sunroof hemi Challenger RT on the cover of Mopar Action 2012 model sticking through the sunroof also both beautiful challengers!
Posted By: 70plymA34

Re: STEVE JULIANOS OLD CHALLENGER R/T BACK ON THE BLOCK - 03/03/20 04:26 AM

Thats a great idea. Maybe someone can put together a virtual display in a website where people would send pics in of the items they bought. getting everything back in the same room again will be next to impossible due to the logistics of where everything went.
Posted By: 340wedge

Re: STEVE JULIANOS OLD CHALLENGER R/T BACK ON THE BLOCK - 03/03/20 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by 70plymA34

Thats a great idea. Maybe someone can put together a virtual display in a website where people would send pics in of the items they bought. getting everything back in the same room again will be next to impossible due to the logistics of where everything went.

That is a really good idea. It would be fun too see how people have displayed the memorabilia in their own places too.

Re: STEVE JULIANOS OLD CHALLENGER R/T BACK ON THE BLOCK - 03/03/20 01:29 PM

Thanks guys!Ilike youre ideas too!I emailed Ed Chryslers at Carlilsle to see if even a small showing of Steves cars/roadart could happen this year.And it could be taped.
Posted By: 67R/T4speeder

Re: STEVE JULIANOS OLD CHALLENGER R/T BACK ON THE BLOCK - 03/03/20 02:49 PM

What a cool car
Posted By: fc7_plumcrazy

Re: STEVE JULIANOS OLD CHALLENGER R/T BACK ON THE BLOCK - 03/04/20 07:37 AM

I doubt it will sell again for 600+

Carsten

Re: STEVE JULIANOS OLD CHALLENGER R/T BACK ON THE BLOCK - 03/04/20 01:17 PM

Its a beautiful challenger with a lot of NOS parts steve acquired,its really nice and rare so i guess you never know!If i had the money id buy it and of course the 70 RTS roadrunner! drive
Posted By: 69_SIX_PACK

Re: STEVE JULIANOS OLD CHALLENGER R/T BACK ON THE BLOCK - 03/04/20 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by fc7_plumcrazy
I doubt it will sell again for 600+

Carsten

I am not sure it sold the first time...here it says Mecum owns it and now its for sale again by Mecum?

https://www.mecum.com/lots/SC0519-371531/1970-dodge-hemi-challenger-rt-sunroof/

Dave

Re: STEVE JULIANOS OLD CHALLENGER R/T BACK ON THE BLOCK - 03/04/20 08:37 PM

Still waiting to hear back from Ed to see if its possible to get some of steves old roadart/cars together this year at carlilse.And if any one else would be interested in doing something like this.
Posted By: fc7_plumcrazy

Re: STEVE JULIANOS OLD CHALLENGER R/T BACK ON THE BLOCK - 03/13/20 05:16 PM

that would be great !

Carsten

Re: STEVE JULIANOS OLD CHALLENGER R/T BACK ON THE BLOCK - 03/15/20 12:33 AM

Thanks one could only hope!
© 2024 Moparts Forums