Moparts

BUD LINDEMANN ROAD TEST 1971 DODGE CHALLENGER 383

Posted By: theraif

BUD LINDEMANN ROAD TEST 1971 DODGE CHALLENGER 383 - 02/06/20 07:33 PM

drive happy time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-HpxRkdpJE&feature=emb_title
Posted By: mccannix

Re: BUD LINDEMANN ROAD TEST 1971 DODGE CHALLENGER 383 - 02/06/20 08:34 PM

About 2:20 as he's spinning the steering wheel, that's clearly not an E-body steering wheel, steering column, E-body mirror, or E-body dash.
Nor is it an E-body door panel...some other car ol Bud has there.

Still, he does put the Challenger through the paces up
Posted By: spk2go

Re: BUD LINDEMANN ROAD TEST 1971 DODGE CHALLENGER 383 - 02/07/20 01:58 AM

Looks like a Mercury Cyclone at the 2:20 time.
Posted By: burdar

Re: BUD LINDEMANN ROAD TEST 1971 DODGE CHALLENGER 383 - 02/07/20 01:40 PM

There is a 73 Challenger Rallye road test too. It's pretty cool mainly because the test car is the same color combination as mine. You can also see what color the argent tail panel was originally as well. Looks like I have mine a little light.
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: BUD LINDEMANN ROAD TEST 1971 DODGE CHALLENGER 383 - 02/08/20 05:40 PM

They used to replay those every morning on the old "SpeedTV", now Motortrend channel. I loved watching them, over and over. The Mopar ones, that is. A B5 or B7 '71 440 Charger sticks out in my mind as a real impressive one.

It just wants to disintegrate those bias ply tires laugh
Posted By: DynoDave

Re: BUD LINDEMANN ROAD TEST 1971 DODGE CHALLENGER 383 - 02/10/20 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by larrymopar360
They used to replay those every morning on the old "SpeedTV", now Motortrend channel. I loved watching them, over and over. The Mopar ones, that is. A B5 or B7 '71 440 Charger sticks out in my mind as a real impressive one.

It just wants to disintegrate those bias ply tires laugh

I enjoy this one.

"Some automotive experts have tested this model Charger and they stated that the car has massive understeer, plows through the turns, and from a handling standpoint was anything but graceful. We did not find this to be true. But then, driver skill could understandably make the difference".
Posted By: Diego (not Ted)

Re: BUD LINDEMANN ROAD TEST 1971 DODGE CHALLENGER 383 - 02/10/20 06:08 PM

I've met one of the producers/drivers of this show. There's another guy in Grand Rapids who also drove the cars (he races an Austin Healy or something like that now....he's in his 80s). Bud Lindemann also seems to be an interesting guy, from what I have read and according to person #1 above...died relatively young.

I do have to admit the narration of the shows seems quite dated. Comes off a bit hokey, with too much starch in the collar.
© 2024 Moparts Forums