Moparts

Involving an attorney in an insurance claim ?

Posted By: dOc !

Involving an attorney in an insurance claim ? - 02/04/20 02:42 AM

SPIN OFF of another topic ...

NEVER have filed a claim ... was flatly denied substantial theft and damages by the a holes that were supposedly buying my northern Michigan property..,,,

Suggestions?
Posted By: kcarfanatic

Re: Involving an attorneyclaim .... - 02/04/20 03:00 AM

Look in the mirror.Are you as much of a wack head in person as you are here?

Re: Involving an attorneyclaim .... - 02/04/20 03:09 AM

Take a hike Dork ....

I got ripped off and you say look in the mirror?

Put THE PIPE down .... down
Posted By: yorker

Re: Involving an attorneyclaim .... - 02/04/20 03:16 AM

So , what is the full story? Only other thread about insurance was an auto accident.

Re: Involving an attorneyclaim .... - 02/04/20 03:20 AM

I will ... my phone is acting up .. will reboot and BBL

Re: Involving an attorneyclaim .... - 02/04/20 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by yorker
So , what is the full story? Only other thread about insurance was an auto accident.

FINALLY found someone in late 2016 to attempt to buy my property.. just so happened to be relatives of a neighbor across the road. Agreed on a price and terms and monthly payment.... it was priced RIGHT for them because of their financial situation and because I kept the large garage and barn for storage until I could find a place for it EITHER IN a 40 foot cargo container or a place here in Florida.

Re: Involving an attorneyclaim .... - 02/04/20 04:00 AM

Have to do this because this site will cut out sometimes....

Fast forward to March of 2019 .... they are 4 months behind- I say they have to make this up OR I’m putting it on the market with a real estate company. Just get a song and dance and shuck and jive ... give them one more chance ... didn't hear anything back ... so I contact an agent and she contacts them.

Re: Involving an attorney in an insurance claim ? - 02/04/20 04:19 AM

SURPRISED when the agent tells me that they’ve will be out by April 1 ....

And they were ! ... BUTTT ... they stole the whole kitchen ....and cleaned out the barn and garage !

So I file a claim with the insurance company - AutoOwners-

Yadi yadi yada ... they deny the claim because they say I was under-insured because the property was occupied with my permission AND THAT the senior agent of the insurance agency had informed me THAT I was under insured.

I was NEVER notified of being under insured as of late 2016 and according to one attorney I talked to and the state insurance commission I should have been made to have signed paperwork that I waive the additional cost and I accept the new conditions.

This senior agent NEVER notified of this situation at any time and since this exploded....she won’t even talk to me.

And something very interesting and TELLING ...when the property was sold on October 5 ... and I cancelled the complete coverage on the property- I was MADE to sign paperwork cancelling the coverage.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Involving an attorney in an insurance claim ? - 02/04/20 05:15 AM

Did you get the police involved? Did you sue the renters who stole your stuff and damaged your property? I'm not sure this is really an area for homeowners insurance, seems more like a criminal complaint for theft.
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Involving an attorney in an insurance claim ? - 02/04/20 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by AndyF
Did you get the police involved? Did you sue the renters who stole your stuff and damaged your property? I'm not sure this is really an area for homeowners insurance, seems more like a criminal complaint for theft.

This. Some agencies will pursue something like this. Have documentation, dates, names, list of the stuff missing, etc. And some agencies are too overwhelmed with urban problems or running speed traps to care.

Otherwise, it's sort of on you. Do you know where your stuff and these folks are? Have any good friends?

rant spank sawzall hammer catfight
Posted By: RobG

Re: Involving an attorney in an insurance claim ? - 02/04/20 07:19 PM

Which CRACK infested northern Michigan town was this in? I have had fun with drugged out white supremacist sub contractors in northern Michigan. I am sure you stuff ended up on craigslist and is now in some pole barn and used for deer camp. Get in touch with the County Sheriff in that area.
Posted By: 3hundred

Re: Involving an attorney in an insurance claim ? - 02/04/20 07:45 PM

BTDT, at least here it's considered a civil matter.

Re: Involving an attorney in an insurance claim ? - 02/06/20 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by 3hundred

BTDT, at least here it's considered a civil matter.

I should have clarified ONE POINT ...

Involving ANOTHER attorney.....!

I hired an attorney in April of last year to handle 4 diff matters. ONE OF THEM was to find out exactly where these people moved to. AND to contact the county sheriff... he did nothing what he was hired to do.

I have a filing with the State Bar in Michigan that I’ve been told by 2 diff other lawyers that his actions and inactions are potential disbarment.

Also .... to people that have suggested this might be a civil situation and not for insurance...... the owner of the agency - the insurance investigator and the insurance adjuster... have never mentioned this is to be a civil court action
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Involving an attorney in an insurance claim ? - 02/06/20 12:54 AM

Hey Pinky! Why would you hire an attorney to track somebody? The attorney will hire a P.I. such as yours truly to do the dirty work. Michigan is too far for me to go but I may be able to find somebody for ya....
Posted By: BIGGERED

Re: Involving an attorney in an insurance claim ? - 02/06/20 12:57 AM

I don’t understand how this is a civil matter? If you stole something you are a criminal!

Red

Re: Involving an attorney in an insurance claim ? - 02/06/20 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by BIGGERED
I don’t understand how this is a civil matter? If you stole something you are a criminal!

Red
You are correct Kevin. But unless it involves a fairly large loss,law enforcement usually puts it on the back burner.

Re: Involving an attorney in an insurance claim ? - 02/06/20 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by tboomer
Hey Pinky! Why would you hire an attorney to track somebody? The attorney will hire a P.I. such as yours truly to do the dirty work. Michigan is too far for me to go but I may be able to find somebody for ya....

Hay tBoinker .... I hired him to do FOUR THINGS ! Maybe even FIVE ... and that would have been to assist in the closing of the property

Re: Involving an attorney in an insurance claim ? - 02/06/20 01:15 AM

So...Did your attorney get anything done? shruggy

Re: Involving an attorney in an insurance claim ? - 02/06/20 01:23 AM

After typing out a response THIS is what happened... BBL

Attached picture FA53F494-2EFA-47AB-B46B-553A5D446BA9.png

Re: Involving an attorney in an insurance claim ? - 02/06/20 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by tboomer
So...Did your attorney get anything done? shruggy

In a word ... NO..... nothing but read some emails and make a couple of phone calls. No WORK PRODUCT at all.

I have since talked to a friend of a friend who had about the same thing happen to him - EXCEPT he got hit for less $$$. He did nothing for him either ... but feels that because I am 1500 miles away - that this scammer felt he could get away with it.

Then at the end he attempts to attach a bill onto the closing amount - it is flatly rejected- so the next day he goes to the county and files an official lien.

I’m actually GLAD he did that because filing a fraudulent property lien is a felony AND grand theft.

Re: Involving an attorney in an insurance claim ? - 02/06/20 02:26 AM

I’ll get back with everyone that has added a comment here .....BBL

Re: Involving an attorney in an insurance claim ? - 02/06/20 04:36 AM

Before all this happened- I was contacted here in Florida by a deputy sheriff in Kalkaska county saying that I can not text that woman - SHE WORE THE PANTS IN THE FAMILY - any further. I protested saying I was trying to collect on a legitimate debt.

He said that he could not release any info on her BUT WOULD to an attorney I would retain.

So I contacted this guy .. who was a slug and a scammer.

Re: Involving an attorney in an insurance claim ? - 02/06/20 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by CMcAllister

This. Some agencies will pursue something like this. Have documentation, dates, names, list of the stuff missing, etc. And some agencies are too overwhelmed with urban problems or running speed traps to care.

Otherwise, it's sort of on you. Do you know where your stuff and these folks are? Have any good friends?

rant spank sawzall hammer catfight

THIS isn’t criminal? You steal a pack of gum at the grocery store - and you can be prosecuted criminally !

My stuff ? .... OMG .., do I have a complete list ... docs and receipts? .. no - but who does on old mopar stuff ? LOTS I got on eBay on deals but I never printed ALL of it out ....

Buttt... they stole the whole kitchen !!!

Re: Involving an attorney in an insurance claim ? - 02/06/20 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by RobG
Which CRACK infested northern Michigan town was this in? I have had fun with drugged out white supremacist sub contractors in northern Michigan. I am sure you stuff ended up on craigslist and is now in some pole barn and used for deer camp. Get in touch with the County Sheriff in that area.

MANY parts of northern Michigan ARE that way. I dated a chick that was from Mesick - jsta south of traverse city. It is METH invested.

ALSO ... past that ... there are parts that don’t take kindly to South Michigan peeps. OR ANYONE that does not “belong”.

Kind of like in the mid south ... I heard a story about a couple that moved to North Carolina from New York and then jsta disappeared .... yes the couple THEIR HOUSE and cars !!

Oh I’ve checked CL !! ... nothing so far !

WONDER WHAT those thieves are going to do with stuff like BBM SP2p and streemaster intakes .,,,for example !!
Posted By: Mr T2U

Re: Involving an attorney in an insurance claim ? - 02/06/20 10:48 AM

[quote=Doc Fiberglass

WONDER WHAT those thieves are going to do with stuff like BBM SP2p and streemaster intakes .,,,for example !! [/quote]

i didn't rear the whole post, just the last page. i read crack and meth head. and i think this.
i would assume they are made out of cast aluminum. if they were they probably have been recycled for about $0.50
Posted By: 3hundred

Re: Involving an attorney in an insurance claim ? - 02/06/20 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Fiberglass
Also .... to people that have suggested this might be a civil situation and not for insurance...... the owner of the agency - the insurance investigator and the insurance adjuster... have never mentioned this is to be a civil court action

Why then do you have an attorney? Police / Sheriffs don't get involved in contractual matters, which is what you've described here, and why you apparently have an attorney. If the theft didn't involve someone you have a contractual arrangement with, it would be a police matter.

Re: Involving an attorney in an insurance claim ? - 02/06/20 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mr T2U
[quote=Doc Fiberglass

WONDER WHAT those thieves are going to do with stuff like BBM SP2p and streemaster intakes .,,,for example !!

i didn't rear the whole post, just the last page. i read crack and meth head. and i think this.
i would assume they are made out of cast aluminum. if they were they probably have been recycled for about $0.50 [/quote]

Yeah ... probably ! ... and I had QUITE A BIT - 3500 pieces IIRC - of BRAND NEW hex rod that was cut up to be plastic coated for oil pump priming tools that are gone.

Regular steel, stainless and aluminum- ALL SCRAPED I would assume

Re: Involving an attorney in an insurance claim ? - 02/06/20 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by 3hundred
Originally Posted by Doc Fiberglass

Why then do you have an attorney? Police / Sheriffs don't get involved in contractual matters, which is what you've described here, and why you apparently have an attorney. If the theft didn't involve someone you have a contractual arrangement with, it would be a police matter.

BECAUSE as I said before ... I gave this attorney FOUR TASKS .... one of them was to locate these thieves and then have this info for any type of followup. IIRC .. this attorney had a part time PI that could have done this investigation with some basic info I gave him.
Posted By: skicker

Re: Involving an attorney in an insurance claim ? - 02/06/20 09:13 PM

Do what you gotta do but damn your sure pi$$ing up my inheritance... rant

I always found it messed up that when trying to nail a crook you also have to hire one... runaway
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Involving an attorney in an insurance claim ? - 02/06/20 09:38 PM

Come on Doc everyone knows lawyers can only handle one task at a time and that is relieving you of as much money as they can without doing anything.

Re: Involving an attorney in an insurance claim ? - 02/06/20 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by skicker
Do what you gotta do but damn your sure pi$$ing up my inheritance... rant

I always found it messed up that when trying to nail a crook you also have to hire one... runaway

In WHAT intence??!! ....Pops is gonna need some loot FROM YOU !

This lawyer did talk a neat game at the start .... and what is amazing... he could have had most of this work handled by his legal assistant or the receptionist.... but did nothing !

No work product for almost 3000$ ! Then the fraudulent lien that WAS PAID !

Re: Involving an attorney in an insurance claim ? - 02/06/20 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by stumpy
Come on Doc everyone knows lawyers can only handle one task at a time and that is relieving you of as much money as they can without doing anything.

I hear ya ... luckily at the end I got a decent check because the property was free and clear up

I’ve been told that this MIGHT be able to be spun into HIS DELIBERATE ACTIONS preventing timely investigations and prosecution of these people ... so I might have action against this attorney FOR THIS and HIS fraud and theft.

Re: Involving an attorney in an insurance claim ? - 02/11/20 12:16 PM

Anyone actually go to the state bar association to file a complaint against any attorney?

I’m putting together a draft letter to Attorney Grievance commission ...
© 2024 Moparts Forums