Moparts

John Andretti Passed Away

Posted By: NITROUSN

John Andretti Passed Away - 01/31/20 01:42 AM

Andretti
Posted By: Matt M

Re: John Andretti Passed Away - 01/31/20 01:47 AM

That sucks

Get tested guys, I lost a good friend to this disease.
He never got tested and when he found out he had it, it was too late.
Posted By: jcc

Re: John Andretti Passed Away - 01/31/20 02:09 AM

RIP angel
Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: John Andretti Passed Away - 01/31/20 02:34 AM

R.I.P. Mr. Andretti.... angel

I just got tested couple months ago, sent in a specimin sample to the hospital. Came back negative (luckily)
Everyone over 40 should have some kind of test done for this awful disease.
Posted By: StukaJU87

Re: John Andretti Passed Away - 01/31/20 09:06 AM

I posted a thread about 3 years ago about the importance of getting a colonoscopy for people in that age range. I DIDN'T. I turned 56 today and have been getting chemo every two weeks for a little over 3 years. Colon cancer metastasized to liver and lungs. No cure as of today, just treatment.

GET THE TEST DONE!

Rest in peace Mr. Andretti.
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: John Andretti Passed Away - 01/31/20 11:04 PM

Oh gosh, that's awful. Much too young to die.
Posted By: A39Coronet

Re: John Andretti Passed Away - 02/01/20 12:19 AM

John Andretti was one of my driver's when Dodge came back to Nascar in 2001. I remember watching every race those next few seasons...Dave Blaney, Robbie Gordon, Ward Burton, Buckshot Jones, Bill Elliot, Kyle Petty, Stacey Compton, Sterling Marlin, Casey Atwood, John Andrett...it was a lot of fun rooting for those underdogs especially when my extended family was die hard Chevy nuts. It was easy to be a fan back then. RIP #checkitforandretti
Posted By: SeventyGTX

Re: John Andretti Passed Away - 02/01/20 04:06 AM

I procrastinated for years and finally got it done last year at 66. Don't bother with Cologard. Did that and it came back positive which scared the crap out of me. Then had to make an appointment for the real thing, which turned out fine. A couple of pre-cancerous polyps they cut out but that was it. But it was pure agony in the three weeks between the positive from Cologard until I actually had the procedure done.
Posted By: Sledge_57

Re: John Andretti Passed Away - 02/01/20 06:58 AM

PSA I have stage 3 colon cancer, and like some of you I put off getting a colonoscopy.

I had colon surgery in August and surgeon is confident he got it all. Chemo because 1 lymph node out of 22 checked had cancer. Surgery wasn't bad, chemo sucks. I get chemo every other Monday for 4 hours and then I have a pump with more chemo for 46 hours. So basically 50 hours of chemo every other week and feel like crap for 5 days, for 6 months ...

GET THE EFFING COLONOSCOPY... Colonoscopy is NOTHING, drink some stuff, poop your brains out for a few hours. Next day you go in, they give you sleepy meds and you get to take the best 1/2 hour nap you ever had. Way better to catch it early.

JUST DO IT...
Posted By: sycboi

Re: John Andretti Passed Away - 02/01/20 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by StukaJU87
I posted a thread about 3 years ago about the importance of getting a colonoscopy for people in that age range. I DIDN'T. I turned 56 today and have been getting chemo every two weeks for a little over 3 years. Colon cancer metastasized to liver and lungs. No cure as of today, just treatment.

GET THE TEST DONE!

Rest in peace Mr. Andretti.

Very sorry to hear of your diagnoses. Happy Birthday. I hope you have many more. I wish you well!
Posted By: StukaJU87

Re: John Andretti Passed Away - 02/01/20 06:36 PM

Thank you, SB!
Posted By: 71TA

Re: John Andretti Passed Away - 02/02/20 03:00 PM

Bad thing is I have a small business and there is NO WAY I have time to get tested. Even if I did and the test was positive what would I do, close my business and live on food stamps? This EFFING medical insurance funk we are in has to be corrected too. I had Vertigo that i posted about a couple months back and the bills KEEP coming in. Even though I pay $1500 AFTER TAXES for insurance I still have over $10,000 in bills. $1500 is more than the take home pay of most per week. And who the hell has an extra $10,000 laying around to give to the criminals at the hospital who are legally allowed to steal.

Personally I'd just work as long as I could and then drop. Tell the family to cremate me or put me in a paupers grave.

Good luck to us all.
Posted By: DynoDave

Re: John Andretti Passed Away - 02/03/20 06:01 PM

Read this a few days ago. Was very sad to hear of John passing away. Great got, very talented driver. angel
© 2024 Moparts Forums