Moparts

Turner Motors

Posted By: FM3AAR

Turner Motors - 01/25/20 09:39 PM

LOL

Attached picture DeSoto.jpg
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Turner Motors - 01/25/20 11:01 PM

Is that actually a vintage photo, or just made to look like one? Pretty clear, and funny!
Posted By: T2R9

Re: Turner Motors - 01/25/20 11:02 PM

Just saw that on Shorpy 5 minuets ago!
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: Turner Motors - 01/25/20 11:37 PM

there was a Mopar dealership in Texas

Turner Motor Co.
122 W. Broad St.
Mineola, TX 75773
dlr # 58496

does Shorpy show a location?
Posted By: FM3_1970

Re: Turner Motors - 01/26/20 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by 6bblgt
there was a Mopar dealership in Texas

Turner Motor Co.
122 W. Broad St.
Mineola, TX 75773
dlr # 58496

does Shorpy show a location?

This is how it's captioned on Shorpy:
March 1941. "Bedford, Virginia." Would you buy a used DeSoto from these men? Medium format acetate negative by John Vachon for the Farm Security Administration.

drinking
Posted By: FM3AAR

Re: Turner Motors - 01/26/20 01:30 AM

Being into photography, I enjoy looking at Shorpy every once in awhile. Here's another one:

Attached picture nuts__.jpg
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Turner Motors - 01/26/20 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by larrymopar360
Is that actually a vintage photo, or just made to look like one? Pretty clear, and funny!

I vote that it's not real because for all the wall you see reflected on the car, you don't see any of the sign. twocents
Posted By: Orange_Crush

Re: Turner Motors - 01/27/20 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Satilite73
Originally Posted by larrymopar360

I vote that it's not real because for all the wall you see reflected on the car, you don't see any of the sign. twocents

If it isn't real, then someone went through INCREDIBLE pains to replicate the clothing for a fake shot.

The overalls on the guy on the right are of a style that no one makes anymore.

The light bulb in the garage is not a bulb that anyone makes anymore. That's a detail one one would pick up when faking a shot. They would just delete any modern light fixtures.

There are two cars reflected in the door of the car, both are vintage cars.

Lastly, the cobblestone driveway would most likely be paved over now...and it's a detail no one would pick up to fake a shot.
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Turner Motors - 01/27/20 04:44 PM

OC, you're response made me chuckle. laugh2 I was simply referring to the sign being fake (added to the pic) not the entire picture. Regardless of the era, who would advertise they have good AND bad used cars for sale? Then there's the matter of not seeing any part of the sign reflected in the car.

That's the main issue I have with stuff like photoshop, where it used to take considerable effort to change an original photo, it can be done easily now and so seamlessly, passed off as original.
Posted By: rrbrucea

Re: Turner Motors - 01/27/20 05:18 PM

The wall IS reflected in the car's hood, and the sign is ABOVE the area reflected in the car's hood on the wall, therefore the sign is NOT reflected in the car's hood...
Posted By: jcc

Re: Turner Motors - 01/27/20 08:05 PM

Looks real to me, a used car salesman smiling makes me run away. runaway

What city is Turner located?
Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: Turner Motors - 01/27/20 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by FM3AAR
LOL

LOL....reminds me of the Three Stooges, Dewey, Cheatem & Howe...law firm ... laugh2
© 2024 Moparts Forums