Moparts

The NEW Craigslist flagging policy ?

Posted By: dOrk !

The NEW Craigslist flagging policy ? - 01/24/20 06:11 PM

What is it now ? ... one person doesn’t like your ad OR they made an offer to you that you didn’t accept .... NOW that one person can have your post whacked ?

Does anyone have a direct email or telephone contact THAT WORKS to them ?

Re: The NEW Craigslist flagging policy ? - 01/24/20 06:53 PM

I’ve never flagged a post myself but I was told THIS is a new format on flagging with this black flag ...

Attached picture 42381F6B-5861-4C48-BCA6-A7FDD77ED2B0.png
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: The NEW Craigslist flagging policy ? - 01/24/20 08:21 PM

I thought Craigslist was dead.
Posted By: A39Coronet

Re: The NEW Craigslist flagging policy ? - 01/24/20 09:33 PM

A month ago my free ad was flagged and removed. No reason, just flagged. Emailed CL and stated noone had even asked me a question about the item and the ad was literally "free, come get it" with a picture. No response, still flagged.

Meanwhile there are dealers who use 2,000 keywords of all makes and models at the bottom of their ad so no matter what you search their cars come up.

Re: The NEW Craigslist flagging policy ? - 01/25/20 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by A39Coronet
A month ago my free ad was flagged and removed. No reason, just flagged. Emailed CL and stated noone had even asked me a question about the item and the ad was literally "free, come get it" with a picture. No response, still flagged.

Meanwhile there are dealers who use 2,000 keywords of all makes and models at the bottom of their ad so no matter what you search their cars come up.

That’s interesting! ... maybe that apimp that did that had something FOR SALE and didn't like your freebie messing up his sale ???

Those spamming keywords ? I’ve called two of those apimp and given them a piece of my mind !
Posted By: Stanton

Re: The NEW Craigslist flagging policy ? - 01/25/20 01:26 PM

Those spamming keywords ? I’ve called two of those apimp and given them a piece of my mind !

And all that did was make you feel good.

Re: The NEW Craigslist flagging policy ? - 01/25/20 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Stanton

And all that did was make you feel good.

I did it very civilly.... and yes it did make me feel good because it changed one of their marketing practices.

The other guy ? ... he’s jsta nutter used car salesman.
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: The NEW Craigslist flagging policy ? - 01/25/20 07:16 PM

I put my spare 6.4 BGE on Cl and can not find the add on any other device, my wifes my friends... only the one I posted from, me thinks something fishy is going on. The 340 I posted after that shows up though...

Re: The NEW Craigslist flagging policy ? - 01/25/20 07:24 PM

Someone posted earlier thinking CL is dead ! ... it’s more a ALIVE down here an ever!

Real estate listings are way up and that includes BIG DOLLAR homes.

Auto parts and tool sections are almost DOUBLE what they were at times !
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: The NEW Craigslist flagging policy ? - 01/25/20 07:47 PM

I noticed a big drop in the number of cars for sale by owner when they started charging for them as well as an increase in the quality of cars listed on there, there was typically 1200+ cars in there at any given time, every day stuff was re-listed so fast that I would list a car and the next day it was burried pages deep, this morning there was 266 total FSBO cars listed. I hated that they were charginig for it, now I am happy to pay a few bucks, I get more calls because there is less garbage listed for people to weed through to find mine as well as the fact there is less competition.
Posted By: azblackhemi

Re: The NEW Craigslist flagging policy ? - 01/26/20 02:00 PM

Well Craigslist flagging policy needs a lot of work. I flagged this ad yesterday morning and it's still on there. https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/d/phoenix-1997-lexus-es300/7063121005.html Since apparently this post was finally removed I have to explain that it was a VERY racist post including using the N word. Should have been removed immediately.

Re: The NEW Craigslist flagging policy ? - 01/27/20 12:29 AM

That post is BACK UP ! ...

Hell ... I put a wanted TOOL POST in ... and that was eventually whacked
Posted By: azblackhemi

Re: The NEW Craigslist flagging policy ? - 01/27/20 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Fiberglass
That post is BACK UP ! ...

Hell ... I put a wanted TOOL POST in ... and that was eventually whacked

Yes it was back up. I don't know how. it wasn't reposted it just reappeared. Looks like it's down again. Hope it stays gone.
© 2024 Moparts Forums