Moparts

VIN Request

Posted By: 71birdJ68

VIN Request - 01/22/20 03:17 PM

I'm trying to sell a Charger and the man I'm talking to asked for the VIN, does this sound like a legit request?
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: VIN Request - 01/22/20 03:22 PM

As I buyer I always ask for vin to do my own research prior to committing. If you feel hes serious id not hesitate.
Posted By: crackedback

Re: VIN Request - 01/23/20 03:05 AM

With title in hand, I'd send everything but the last four digits. Pic of fender tag minus the digits as well.

If that's not good enough to verify pedigree, move on.

If you have no title, that's a different story.
Posted By: TJP

Re: VIN Request - 01/23/20 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by 71birdJ68
I'm trying to sell a Charger and the man I'm talking to asked for the VIN, does this sound like a legit request?

I just sold a 68 to a buyer in Chicago. After several conversations and a bit of googling his name I had no issues doing so. Later in the transaction after a 2K deposit was sent, he needed a copy of the title for his credit union.
I copied it, and wrote

COPY Only to be used for above owners proof of ownership. And then dated it.
I re-scanned the document into a PDF file and emailed it. A week or so later I had a check for the balance from his credit union. I waited 7 business days, verified it had cleared and he had a transport pick it up.

Hope this helps beer
Posted By: Morty426

Re: VIN Request - 01/23/20 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by TJP
Originally Posted by 71birdJ68

I just sold a 68 to a buyer in Chicago. After several conversations and a bit of googling his name I had no issues doing so. Later in the transaction after a 2K deposit was sent, he needed a copy of the title for his credit union.
I copied it, and wrote

COPY Only to be used for above owners proof of ownership. And then dated it.
I re-scanned the document into a PDF file and emailed it. A week or so later I had a check for the balance from his credit union. I waited 7 business days, verified it had cleared and he had a transport pick it up.

Hope this helps beer

up
© 2024 Moparts Forums