Moparts

It MUST be me ? ? ?

Posted By: kidmopar

It MUST be me ? ? ? - 01/18/20 01:46 AM

Just looking through "E-Body" parts for sale and ...........

$6000.00 for NOS 1971 NON-R/T Grille ? ? ? eek

$175.00 + Shipping for clapped-out Windshield washer jar & pump ? ? ? whiney

Is this the new normal on parts pricing ? ? ? Perhaps ? .............. It's just me ? shruggy
Posted By: mopacltd

Re: It MUST be me ? ? ? - 01/18/20 01:55 AM

Out of my league
Posted By: A39Coronet

Re: It MUST be me ? ? ? - 01/18/20 02:05 AM

Supply and demand, but my favorite are the hemi transmission cases for $4500 that anyone with a file and a punch can duplicate.

I'll say it every time, dump all those high dollar part number pieces, the market shrinks on them everyday.
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: It MUST be me ? ? ? - 01/18/20 03:15 AM

I seen that and blew up the last pic of the one end section and it semi looks at least to me to have small imperfections.

But if I had that one super rare non R/T car and I needed a nos type quality grille, id at least make a offer, probably not end up with it but it is worth a good bit to someone.
Posted By: dIc dOc Deity !

Re: It MUST be me ? ? ? - 01/18/20 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by A39Coronet
Supply and demand, but my favorite are the hemi transmission cases for $4500 that anyone with a file and a punch can duplicate.

I'll say it every time, dump all those high dollar part number pieces, the market shrinks on them everyday.

Market sHrInKs ?... let em EAT CAKE !
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: It MUST be me ? ? ? - 01/18/20 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by kidmopar

Is this the new normal on parts pricing ? ? ? Perhaps ? .............. It's just me ? shruggy

How bout the $15,000 NOS cuda vert rear qtr....and the $4000 Challenger vert rear interior panels listed, just insane....
Posted By: kidmopar

Re: It MUST be me ? ? ? - 01/18/20 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by DAYCLONA
Originally Posted by kidmopar

How bout the $15,000 NOS cuda vert rear qtr....and the $4000 Challenger vert rear interior panels listed, just insane....

panic eek shock
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: It MUST be me ? ? ? - 01/18/20 04:33 PM

It's ridiculous the number of sellers that are willing to hold on to stuff for what seems like forever, and keep relisting over and over, waiting for a sucker IMO. I just remind myself, just because it's listed for a particular price does not mean it's worth that or will sell for that. It's not just parts. I don't know how some of these vintage dealerships survive. They must have old money, and owning the dealership is more of a hobby. I've seen cars relisted for well over a year. You cannot make money that way.

Re: It MUST be me ? ? ? - 01/18/20 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Fiberglass

Yeah, but how much does she want for the cake?!!!
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: It MUST be me ? ? ? - 01/18/20 05:15 PM

To me prices on NOS stuff is relative to demand versus availibility.
BUT,,,,,the demand for extreme high priced stuff is getting lower and lower as these cars get older, less and less needing restored and less people want to take them that far.
$15K for an nos quarter panel, IMO is never going to happen UNLESS an insurance claim is behind it. Even then it may not. Same goes for an NOS grille of that dollar amount.

example, I know someone who recently paid $3000 for an nos grille for his car. Which in my mind is approx double its market value .
When if you are patient they can be found for much less. His insurance co wrote the ck for it due to damage
Posted By: Jjs72D

Re: It MUST be me ? ? ? - 01/18/20 07:31 PM

There has always been those guys that place unrealistic prices on their stuff but I suspect that it got worse when ads became free. These sellers then had no incentive to list stuff at reasonable prices if they could just relist over and over without fees.
Posted By: chrisf

Re: It MUST be me ? ? ? - 01/18/20 08:18 PM

i search ebay quite often with the search words "nos dodge demon" a lot is way overpriced (not ebody overpriced but way more than the market can handle) there are a few parts that have been on there for years. (like 5-6) a nos $650 muffler comes to mind thats been there for years. some guys just like the attention or are going fishing for a sucker.

Re: It MUST be me ? ? ? - 01/18/20 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by chrisf
i search ebay quite often with the search words "nos dodge demon" a lot is way overpriced (not ebody overpriced but way more than the market can handle) there are a few parts that have been on there for years. (like 5-6) a nos $650 muffler comes to mind thats been there for years. some guys just like the attention or are going fishing for a sucker.
Yes, we probably see some of the same few sellers. I do "NOS Mopar" and sometimes narrow it to my cars like you do.

Re: It MUST be me ? ? ? - 01/18/20 10:10 PM

You guys need to stop crying so much or pick a different hobby, get real and look up anything old and the NOS parts are high as hell, its the nature of the game/hobby, buck up or tap out. Buy a 10 year old challenger and start over at a much lower cost to play.

Funny thing to me is, its not the vette guy down the way putting the ____ to others its the guys in the mopar world with the part in one hand and the lube in the other. So are the mopar brothers screwing each other? it kinda seems that way at times or at least some feel that way.

I dont like the NOS prices more then the next guy but the majority of nice mopar owners are upside down and and when that level becomes uncomfortable for some id say its time to bail.

There is only so many XXX things left and cash is king, and im a bit baffled at the confusion or apprehension when everything bought and sold is based on supply and demand.

Again, I dont like the crazy sucker prices, but from time to time I will bend and buy one I need.

Its a hobby, a costly one as time goes on, but now if the economy would tank people would be complaining they cant get jack for there nos parts, a odd semi funny complaining cycle.
Posted By: Neil

Re: It MUST be me ? ? ? - 01/18/20 11:46 PM

There are several older Mopar guys here in town who have hoarded up a lot of cars and parts. Most of it isn't for sale unless they stand to make substantial money on it. The high prices will come down when this age group leaves the hobby as the number of people after this stuff in the following generations is way less + they have less money overall. It will sell for less an/or their family members will haul whatever doesn't sell to the scrap collector someday.

Having also owned old GM and Ford cars I will say the local Mopar guys are the worst when it comes to hoarding up stuff and expecting to make large money on even the smallest parts.

Re: It MUST be me ? ? ? - 01/19/20 04:47 PM

I'm not "crying" Mr. Potatohead, just discussing it, but thanks for speech just the same.
Posted By: chargervert

Re: It MUST be me ? ? ? - 01/19/20 04:54 PM

The parts that are being discussed in this thread are all being sold by the same unrealistic vendor who is going to have those parts for a long long time!

Re: It MUST be me ? ? ? - 01/19/20 04:55 PM

I feel the same way you do on this topic in most ways, one time I asked a ebay seller after a certain part was listed for three years why hed not cut me a break vs spending the listing fees, well the big sellers pay zero or next to nothing for the listing, its the sale when ebay collects.

One ebay flipper/seller I despise because of his ways and prices but I just added up his overpriced listings sales for the past month, $6700 so people are buying his high priced parts and seem happy doing it.

At time I think rich people feel better about paying big money for a part vs getting a good deal.

Originally Posted by larrymopar360
I'm not "crying" Mr. Potatohead, just discussing it, but thanks for speech just the same.

Re: It MUST be me ? ? ? - 01/19/20 05:13 PM

I sold a pair of NOS Challenger convertible rear quarter panels for quite a bit less than this guy wants for one Cuda convertible rear quarter panel,and I got strong money for mine. The difference is than mine are sold,and the buyer is happy to have them for his V code convertible!

Re: It MUST be me ? ? ? - 01/19/20 06:02 PM

Right Chargervert.

I really don't care if these sellers leave their NOS parts to their children in their Wills so their children can continue to relist them for sale. It doesn't make sense to me, but if that makes them happy. When I occasionally decide to part with something, I list it for a much more reasonable price, and I think everyone wins.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: It MUST be me ? ? ? - 01/19/20 07:46 PM

Maybe it is time for all of us to identify the vampires in our hobby and condem all of them for hurting all of us twocents
Some people are greedy and suborn down

Re: It MUST be me ? ? ? - 01/19/20 08:42 PM

Cab, pretty much everyone knows who they are, from the mopar shows and events and ebay, I myself cant hold a heavy grudge for one who has a part and puts a high asking price on it just as one cant fault another guy for chopping up a rare car for what some feel are all the wrong reasons. Ownership matters. I just dont buy much from them.

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
Maybe it is time for all of us to identify the vampires in our hobby and condem all of them for hurting all of us twocents
Some people are greedy and suborn down

Re: It MUST be me ? ? ? - 01/19/20 09:28 PM

There are people who are in the hobby, that I won't buy from, no matter what they have, or how much I want it.

Re: It MUST be me ? ? ? - 01/19/20 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by chargervert
There are people who are in the hobby, that I won't buy from, no matter what they have, or how much I want it.
There are two on Ebay that I won't buy from. Always overpriced.
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: It MUST be me ? ? ? - 01/20/20 12:38 AM

Nothing new
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: It MUST be me ? ? ? - 01/20/20 03:22 AM

carROtt????
Posted By: Jjs72D

Re: It MUST be me ? ? ? - 01/20/20 05:44 AM

Okay.

Attached picture Diabetuss.jpg
Posted By: moparx

Re: It MUST be me ? ? ? - 01/20/20 01:39 PM

sadly, lots of heirs just throw up their hands and toss the "stuff" in the dumpster when cleaning out the house for the next owners.
beer
Posted By: dIc dOc Deity !

Re: It MUST be me ? ? ? - 01/20/20 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by moparx
sadly, lots of heirs just throw up their hands and toss the "stuff" in the dumpster when cleaning out the house for the next owners.
beer

Yes .. it’s yOu ... oleHam2!
© 2024 Moparts Forums