Moparts

some candy pictures...........Not halloween related

Posted By: LimeliteAero

some candy pictures...........Not halloween related - 11/06/11 07:50 PM

just a few pictures from last weeks project. Im really happy with the results, Thats an NOS trim ring thanks to Cudablues (Thanks Gary!)

I didnt quite get the overspray pattern correct on the between-side...you know between the front and back (I dont know the technical term for this part of the rim! )I was more concerned with getting the metallic to lay nice on the face.

let me know what you think....I can take critisism, a little anyway.

before:

AFTER:

Posted By: Iceman01

Re: some candy pictures...........Not halloween related - 11/06/11 09:53 PM

Very nice work...
Posted By: jrwoodjoe

Re: some candy pictures...........Not halloween related - 11/06/11 10:53 PM

Dunno what the others will say but I say they look prett sweet! Nice job! Did you rattle can the silver on the wheel or use a gun?

Joe
Posted By: DennisH

Re: some candy pictures...........Not halloween related - 11/06/11 11:53 PM

You can do mine. They look great.
Posted By: Mastershake340

Re: some candy pictures...........Not halloween related - 11/07/11 12:36 AM

Posted By: JohnRR

Re: some candy pictures...........Not halloween related - 11/07/11 01:45 AM

You didn't duplicate the overspray pattern on the inside of the wheel .

Re: some candy pictures...........Not halloween related - 11/07/11 04:16 AM

I used PPG paint through my gun.

John, by "the inside of the wheel" do you mean the back side that bolts against the drums/spindles? If thats the area youre referring to then I got pretty close in that area. I didnt mask off the wheel and just let the silver flow through the holes.
I didnt post that pic because I didnt think anyone would care and the overspray is hard to see, just looks like a bad pic.

Posted By: cudablues

Re: some candy pictures...........Not halloween related - 11/07/11 03:52 PM

You are more than welcome Dave,least i could do for what you went thru shipping the motor Gary
Posted By: A12

Re: some candy pictures...........Not halloween related - 11/07/11 04:46 PM

are all 14" '70 Challenger wheels like those the same size even if the car was a /6?
Posted By: 70plymA34

Re: some candy pictures...........Not halloween related - 11/07/11 05:17 PM

thats easily a one day job. lots of work and taping off the center caps is a lot of fun too?? lol..... Did you use Frank B's centercap paint. The spray gun is so much better on a project like this. Nice job and make sure you find a tire shop with a mounting machine that wont damage your work.

Re: some candy pictures...........Not halloween related - 11/07/11 08:32 PM

Quote:

are all 14" '70 Challenger wheels like those the same size even if the car was a /6?

not really sure what you want to know? They made 14" and 15" ralley wheels, dosent matter what model car they are bolted to?
Posted By: A12

Re: some candy pictures...........Not halloween related - 11/07/11 09:39 PM

Quote:

Quote:

not really sure what you want to know? They made 14" and 15" ralley wheels, dosent matter what model car they are bolted to?

Sorry, I have a '70 Challenger body with one 14" wheel that I'm pretty sure is date coded as a '70 wheel and if I don't sell the shell here shortly it's off to the crusher and I figure I'd keep the wheel for someone that is looking for a '70 date code original wheel. Being a /6 car I didn't know if all of the 14" wheels were the same width and even if this wheel is worth keeping for someone??

Does this look like an original wheel? (car was T6 Dark Tan Poly with a white vinyl roof, A/C, P/S, wife wants me to make this white '70 Challenger vanish(ing) at this point

MikeR

Attached picture 6908261-DSC04664R.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums