Moparts

Lower Control Arm Bumper spacer

Posted By: sassysixpack1

Lower Control Arm Bumper spacer - 10/18/11 08:32 PM

Hi all, what is the deal with the spacer below thw LCA bumper? I did a 6 pack Challenger a number of years ago, and now doing a 70 6 pack Super B and both these cars only had the spacer on one side. Is this correct or should they be on both sides ? If so, which side is correct ?

Thanks
Posted By: Big_E

Re: Lower Control Arm Bumper spacer - 10/19/11 04:59 AM

On the a12 Bees & RR they had one on each side. Not sure about yours.
Repro Spacers
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: Lower Control Arm Bumper spacer - 10/19/11 05:30 AM

It depends on which wheels the car originally came with.
Posted By: Morty426

Re: Lower Control Arm Bumper spacer - 10/19/11 04:26 PM

Quote:

It depends on which wheels the car originally came with.

Scott - do tell
Posted By: A12

Re: Lower Control Arm Bumper spacer - 10/19/11 04:41 PM

That bump stop spacer was originally used on C-Body wagons with tall 78 series 15" tires for the GVWR. Then it was used on the A12 cars for the G70-15" tires to keep the tire from hitting the body/fender. Is there something in the front fender well that is different on one side versus the other that would require a little more limit and that's the reason? Was there an EVAP canister or something similar under one side that would be hit without the limiter/spacer?

MikeR

Re: Lower Control Arm Bumper spacer - 10/19/11 04:57 PM

I could see a factory error, but on 2 different cars in the same shop ? Both are 70 V code cars, don't have serial numbers handy to check assembly plants.

Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: Lower Control Arm Bumper spacer - 10/19/11 05:06 PM

If the spacers were on drivers side perhaps they figured there is always a driver so that side may bottom out more...

FWIW My 70 Challenger R/T SE U code had them on both sides... Originally equipped with 14" tires...

My T/A had them & my 71 Hemi Challenger had them...

Re: Lower Control Arm Bumper spacer - 10/19/11 05:46 PM

thanks for the info, I will put them on both sides and chalk it up to factory screw up !

Thanks.

Posted By: Dave Watt

Re: Lower Control Arm Bumper spacer - 10/19/11 11:18 PM

Quote:

On the a12 Bees & RR they had one on each side. Not sure about yours.
Repro Spacers

The one on the left is an original, the one on the right is the reproduction I made.

I think Bill sells them: http://www.amhightechauto.com/
Posted By: rayztoy

Re: Lower Control Arm Bumper spacer - 10/19/11 11:38 PM

Bill Rolik sells them...http://www.billrolikenterprises.com/proddetail.asp?prod=2071727%2DP
© 2024 Moparts Forums