Moparts

Oval Air Filter Elements

Posted By: 69sixpackbee

Oval Air Filter Elements - 08/27/11 02:23 AM

Does anyone know where (or who) has the CA332V or MP oval air filters? Can't locate any!

Thanx,
Bud
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: Oval Air Filter Elements - 08/27/11 02:43 AM

thats Y I run a K&N...
Posted By: floyd

Re: Oval Air Filter Elements - 08/27/11 02:54 AM

Pretty big post on that here: https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...e=1#Post6758254
Posted By: az426john

Re: Oval Air Filter Elements - 08/27/11 03:27 AM

Discontinued by Fram
Posted By: 67vertman

Re: Oval Air Filter Elements - 08/28/11 08:24 PM

Go with K&N unless you want that factory look. Fram filters are a little tough to come by right now.

Re: Oval Air Filter Elements - 08/29/11 04:44 PM

I'll keep pokin' away. Never liked K & N filters. Not too wild about oiled gauze elements in general. I saw one called Kool Blue or something to that affect and it too was a gauze filter with a blue media.
Wanting an OEM look since it is seen through the scoop of my A12 Bee.
Thanx,
Bud
Posted By: Kidsixpack

Re: Oval Air Filter Elements - 08/30/11 10:00 PM

Quote:

I'll keep pokin' away. Never liked K & N filters. Not too wild about oiled gauze elements in general. I saw one called Kool Blue or something to that affect and it too was a gauze filter with a blue media.
Thanx,
Bud

The element can't really bee seen through the scoop unless your looking for it. i prefer function over form for driving
KID

Re: Oval Air Filter Elements - 08/30/11 10:30 PM

Guess I'm too anal

BUd
Posted By: screamindriver

Re: Oval Air Filter Elements - 08/30/11 11:56 PM

Never thought about it until I saw it but...The K&N filter had a pretty good fire going on top of the engine at one of the shows I attended...Not sure what the cause was but the oil soaked filter definitley made it real ugly for the owner...
Posted By: DPelletier

Re: Oval Air Filter Elements - 09/01/11 04:37 PM

Quote:

Guess I'm too anal

BUd

......well, you're not alone! I wouldn't use a K&N either unless I had no choice.

Dave
Posted By: dstryr

Re: Oval Air Filter Elements - 09/01/11 10:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Thanx,
Bud

The element can't really bee seen through the scoop unless your looking for it. i prefer function over form for driving
KID

Huh? That fresh white and orange at the front of the open scoop contrasting with the flat black hood is a classic part of 'the look' for an A12 car. Just sayin...
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: Oval Air Filter Elements - 09/02/11 03:37 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thanx,
Bud

KID

Huh? That fresh white and orange at the front of the open scoop contrasting with the flat black hood is a classic part of 'the look' for an A12 car. Just sayin...

And they look good regardless of the application.

Attached picture 6806577-P9010401.JPG
Posted By: A12

Re: Oval Air Filter Elements - 09/02/11 04:21 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thanx,
Bud

KID

Saw a filter that looked like that "dirty orange" paper one and it was in a box that looked like.........well this

Attached picture 6806643-DSC04074.JPG

Re: Oval Air Filter Elements - 09/02/11 04:26 AM

NOS or .......??

Attached picture 6806652-DSC04072rs.jpg

Re: Oval Air Filter Elements - 09/02/11 04:30 AM

they get ugly when they get old.....like most of us....well at least me

Attached picture 6806656-DSC04078rs.jpg

Re: Oval Air Filter Elements - 09/02/11 04:37 AM

Sorry for the OT that's not an oval air filter it's round but big and it's going into this 4-door Coronet.....don't know why the filter is so big for an engine in a 4-door

MikeR

Attached picture 6806662-DSC04070rs.jpg
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: Oval Air Filter Elements - 09/02/11 01:21 PM

Quote:

they get ugly when they get old.....like most of us....well at least me [/quote

And they even change shape!]

Attached picture 6806969-P9020402.JPG

Re: Oval Air Filter Elements - 09/02/11 06:42 PM

As long as it doesn't kill my wallet.
© 2024 Moparts Forums