Moparts

68 Coronet RT restoration questions

Posted By: 68CoronetRT

68 Coronet RT restoration questions - 08/13/11 11:40 PM

1. Did early 4 speed cars only have one coat hook?
Mine appears to have come that way from the factory and was a November 67 built car. There is a hook on the driver's side only.
2. When installing the carpet does the driver's side vinyl (heel pad?) extend up to the gas pedal or under the gas pedal?

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Paul_B

Re: 68 Coronet RT restoration questions - 08/14/11 02:20 AM

The original carpet in my 68 Coronet had the carpet heal pad positioned under the gas pedal.
Posted By: RoadRunnerJD

Re: 68 Coronet RT restoration questions - 08/14/11 02:27 AM

2 coat hooks and the gas pedal is on the corner of the heel pad. There should be a cutout on the bottom and there is a hard 1/2" thick styrofoam spacer uner the pedal.

Re: 68 Coronet RT restoration questions - 08/14/11 02:32 AM

Thanks guys. I'll check under the heel pad for the cut out.
Now where did all my energy go? LOL
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: 68 Coronet RT restoration questions - 08/14/11 02:42 AM

Original carpet...

Attached picture 6777115-carpet1.JPG
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: 68 Coronet RT restoration questions - 08/14/11 04:18 AM

Quote:

Original carpet...

Original carpet makes the correct templete. All those cutouts are there for a reason. Little stuff like that makes a repro carpet look much more OE and really makes the underdash detailing stand out.

Someone should sell a correct templete. Or sell it with the carpet. Or have it so others can download it.

Buying this most OE correct carpet and not cutting it out like factory is like taking one step foward and one step back.

Re: 68 Coronet RT restoration questions - 08/14/11 01:40 PM

Yes the picture helps a bunch and the template idea is excellent.
I should have paid closer attention to my original carpet when I removed it but at the time I planned on storing it. A couple of years later I threw it out - big mistake.
© 2024 Moparts Forums