Moparts

Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's

Posted By: gtx6970

Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/02/11 01:37 AM

Well, I talked to my sales rep this afternoon and got the bad news. I've had several cases on backorder since before the 1st of the year.

Fram has officially dis-continued the oval air filter elements. They are gone with no plans to make another run at this time.

If you need one and find one , my advice buy it
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/02/11 04:37 AM

Quote:

Well, I talked to my sales rep this afternoon and got the bad news. I've had several cases on backorder since before the 1st of the year.

Fram has officially dis-continued the oval air filter elements. They are gone with no plans to make another run at this time.

If you need one and find one , my advice buy it

Looks like my NOS orange is now worth money again
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/02/11 11:38 AM

Looks like my NOS orange is now worth money again

An 'orange' lip would be NORS, not NOS, as the original line filters were black

I talked to a factory Rep last year, and he mentioned the CA322V's were slated for production shut-down, not to be discontinued, just on hold, ...production orders are just not substantial enough to dedicate to the small production numbers required to start , or interupt the commercial lines,...Fram is based in Prov RI

minimum order for production is 1000 units to be considered for production, as I looked into having some made

mike
Posted By: HPMike

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/02/11 12:00 PM

The problem is that once people that want/need one they are only going to buy one. Not like they are going to get dirty and be replaced as a service item. Hence, the demand is/was strong initially and then faded as the amount of cars restored dwindle and they aren't going to sell any to repeat buyers. Hope they get another run out of it. If not, I am sure someone will have a Chinese knockoff available.

MB

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/02/11 12:16 PM

Quote:

Mike,
Sorry, but I respectivly dis-agree

I personally have never seen anything to suggest they were black rubber .
from original cars, to magazine road test articles. every one I've seen is orange

original road test car ad

Attached picture 6758890-cars69sixpackroadtest2.jpg

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/02/11 12:17 PM

5600 mile car

Attached picture 6758892-original-element.jpg
Posted By: sixbbl69

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/02/11 01:17 PM

bought 12 to go along with the 3 originals i have.put a new original in 2001 and it still looks new.now i am stuck with all these filters.

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/02/11 01:39 PM

Quote:

bought 12 to go along with the 3 originals i have.put a new original in 2001 and it still looks new.now i am stuck with all these filters.

Posted By: MLR426

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/02/11 01:42 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Mike,

from original cars, to magazine road test articles. every one I've seen is orange

I disagree as well, orange was the line color, black was early chrysler replacements. I have some black ones in the chrysler boxes that I would sell for a bizillion million dollars though also have original nos orange oval filters if someone needs one for a oe car or nice show car.

logan426
Posted By: HPMike

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/02/11 02:14 PM

I have the original assembly line filter that came off my Hemi Challenger and its orange.

MB

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/02/11 02:58 PM

Oh well I digress,....must be old age I thought the line filters were black bonded, ...either way we won't see any repros until someone is willing to drop about $50K-$75K on a bulk order with FRAM

Is there any interest in the Fram 332 oval filter?, it's basically the same 6pak but without the preforated metal guard around the element,...a production run of those is fesible @ 500 units minimum order

Mike

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/02/11 03:55 PM

Quote:

Oh well I digress,....must be old age I thought the line filters were black bonded, ...either way we won't see any repros until someone is willing to drop about $5-$7500 on a bulk order with FRAM

In all honesty, IF the buyer retains exclusivity to the entire run. Meaning Fram doesn't wholesale some of them as well. That may not be a bad investment. But it comes down to cost per piece.As you would need to be able to sell some at a wholesale price level as well as a retail market.

I actually could probably sell 50 of the 332V filters right now if I had them.

But being able to afford even a partial run on my own is out of the question.

Quote:

Is there any interest in the Fram 332 oval filter?, it's basically the same 6pak but without the preforated metal guard around the element,...a production run of those is fesible @ 500 units minimum order

Unless these were dirt cheap,( $30 or less IMO) I have my doubts they would be a good investment.

UNLESS it was the only one avail. Problem is, it's Not. K+N is still readily avail.
And most buyers would buy the K+N for a non correct filter at similar price points.

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/02/11 04:00 PM

My rep mentioned these as an alternative.
so It appears K+N is not the only game in town.

koolblue.com

Kool Blue Air Filters
Kool Blue KO4805

Item Id: 10213140
Posted By: A12

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/02/11 04:11 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Mike,

Hey, how come the carbs and intake in the foreground in this photo are BACKWARDS??????

MikeR

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/02/11 07:36 PM

[quoteHey, how come the carbs and intake in the foreground in this photo are BACKWARDS??????

MikeR

Thats the ubber rare export version of an A12 car

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/02/11 10:16 PM

Quote:

[quoteHey, how come the carbs and intake in the foreground in this photo are BACKWARDS??????

MikeR

Thats the ubber rare export version of an A12 car

and the emission sticker with the ignition timing is on the air filter lid????......supposed to be on the fender by the unbent fender tag.......
Posted By: sixbbl69

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/03/11 03:02 AM

i gave $35.00 each for the 12 i got.guy bought them when they first hit the market from several auto parts stores for 65-70 bucks each.had a 57 dodge truck with a 440 6pak out of a 70 cuda.didn't like the 6 pak so he replaced it with a 4bbl.went there to look at a door for a 70 charger and come home with air cleaner carbs ,intake door and air filters for $700.00.never know what you find.
Posted By: Dr V

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/03/11 01:54 PM

I bought 2 of the vintage series on thursday in Carlisle. Paid $60 each and I was tickled. Would have bought more if I could have.
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/03/11 02:55 PM

Have more than one of these but since they are black I guess I should scrap them!!

Attached picture 6760837-PA220074.JPG
Posted By: lewtot184

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/05/11 02:23 AM

are any of the black rubber air filters with the "X" type mesh still available?
Posted By: David Lee

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/05/11 03:05 AM

maybe we could get K&N to do a knock off
Posted By: QuickBpBp

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/05/11 03:18 AM

Quote:

are any of the black rubber air filters with the "X" type mesh still available?

Im have a few of those and as far as I know they are only available from people who have them. Long gone from the stores...

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/05/11 03:39 AM

Quote:

That would be construed as a patent infringement by Fram,....Fram would still make a run of these filters, someone needs to drop the coin or purchase order, but purchase volume to sales ratio/ return rate, and this economy is why the filter will go disco
Posted By: David Lee

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/05/11 08:19 AM

I don't think makng a filter with an orange rubber area would be a patent infringement. They could keep their own technology in the filtering of air
Posted By: macmic87

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/05/11 02:04 PM

http://frugalmechanic.com/auto-part/fram...am&t=CA332V

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/05/11 02:39 PM

Quote:

Quote:

That would be construed as a patent infringement by Fram,....Fram would still make a run of these filters, someone needs to drop the coin or purchase order, but purchase volume to sales ratio/ return rate, and this economy is why the filter will go disco

How many would have to be ordered by one person to make a run? And what would they cost each? Maybe I could get something going.

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/05/11 02:51 PM

Quote:

How many would have to be ordered by one person to make a run? And what would they cost each? Maybe I could get something going.

The number I was told is 1000 pieces and price per piece would be in the $35 - $45 each range ( price is an educated guess on my part)

I think it would be an easier pill to swallow if product could be run and paid for in batches.
But it's my understanding that all product is to be delivered and paid in full at time of delivery

All this sounds good , But my fear is once an individual party ( or parties ) decides to persue it and purchases an entire run.
I would want it in writing Fram doesn't make a 2nd run on there own, Thus limiting a major portion of any potential wholesale possibilites

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/05/11 03:13 PM

Bill, there is no question that if I did something and made the investment, I would have my attorney draw it up as a non-compete clause for a minimum of 5-10 years. Is there that big of a calling to do this, I knew it was big ones for me to find 2 of them. But will people spend $70 on them if I buy them for $45? Eric
Posted By: LimeliteAero

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/05/11 03:14 PM

I picked up one yesterday that was "supposedly" the last one sitting in a warehouse in Pennslyvania. a little parts store called his fram rep and thats was the story passed along, cant say how true it is but I got one.

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/05/11 03:32 PM

Quote:

I picked up one yesterday that was "supposedly" the last one sitting in a warehouse in Pennslyvania. a little parts store called his fram rep and thats was the story passed along, cant say how true it is but I got one.

Dave, my dad owns a parts store and cant find them at all even from fram. If you dont mind sharing, what did yours cost you?
Posted By: 70440+6bbl

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/05/11 04:08 PM

I bought mine though Amazon.com in Feburary for $54.00 shipped! I wish I bought several of them now!

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/05/11 04:49 PM

Quote:

Is there that big of a calling to do this, Eric

In my honest opinion ? No.
At least not cost effective enough to get a return on investment within a reasonable time frame.
You would have to sell approx 1/2 of them just to break even and I have my doubts that could be done within a reasonable time ( such as 1, to 2 years max )

There is a reason Fram dropped them from inventory.

Again this is my opinion and nothing more. Taking in the amount of requests fro them within the past year as a guide on my part.

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/05/11 08:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Is there that big of a calling to do this, Eric

In my honest opinion ? No.
At least not cost effective enough to get a return on investment within a reasonable time frame.
You would have to sell approx 1/2 of them just to break even and I have my doubts that could be done within a reasonable time ( such as 1, to 2 years max )
Quote:

Bill/Eric, this is actually for me the second time I approached Fram on this "project"....from what the Fram Rep I talked to, and said, was pretty much on par with you Bill, 1000 minimum units @ approx $40-$50 each, so it leaves a small profit margin on the 332V (vintage) series for "consideration" of a production run, I sure Fram would ramp up a run of there own, even if it was run-off from set-up/qualifing, so i don't think you could have exclusive lot/batch control to prevent Fram from wholsale distribution, as they won't inventory an item with such a minute volume, as I'm sure they have standing/open orders from others waiting in line,...I asked about the CA332 replacment, it's basically the same as the vintage CA332V, but without the preforated metal gaurd around the perimeter, basically it was a Fram service replacement in the 80's-90's,...production consideration was 500 units minimum, @ the same $40-$50 price range, just a smaller volume purchase,....but I'm inclined to think that people want the CA332V series for correctness?....one advantage I have, should I consider the purchase is location, the production plant is just minutes away, saving me time/money on qualifing run approval, and shipping, as I can transport them,...but like I said eariler, it's going to take $40-50K+, possibly $75000?, depending on the production requiorement by Fram ...and the return is small and long term, even to take the "short buck" and wholesale the entire lot, the return would be chump change, IMHO, not worth it, unless you don't mind your cash tied up, or a dismall return for your effort

Mike
Posted By: DPelletier

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/05/11 09:22 PM

Quote:

....but I'm inclined to think that people want the CA332V series for correctness?....Mike

No point in doing the CA332 without the guard; might as well use the K&N at that point.

Dave
Posted By: Paul

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/05/11 10:01 PM

If it comes down to someone making the commitment to Fram for 1000 units, maybe some sort of pre ordered group buy could motivate them to do another run.

I would buy two at $70 each, knowing it could be a long time before another run is made.

Throw in a few Mopar parts vendors and some Moparts members pooling their commitments and it could get done. I'd put down 50% up front should it take place.

(refundable if the venture cant recruit enough buyers)

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/05/11 10:23 PM

My question would be how many really need one.My Superbird has been finished for 19 years,installed a N.O.S. original at that time,it is still as nice as when new.I still have two more left plus a few used originals that are pretty nice,will I ever use/need them,probably not.

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/05/11 11:33 PM

Quote:

If it comes down to someone making the commitment to Fram for 1000 units, maybe some sort of pre ordered group buy could motivate them to do another run.

I would buy two at $70 each, knowing it could be a long time before another run is made.

Throw in a few Mopar parts vendors and some Moparts members pooling their commitments and it could get done. I'd put down 50% up front should it take place.

(refundable if the venture cant recruit enough buyers)

That all sounds great and dandy, but the logistics of too many individuals involved would lead to kaos for the individual or group handling the financial end of the deal......this is one of those deals, you buy in quick, skim off what product you want, and dump the rest ASAP,... 1000 units is an "production insult" to Fram, thus the price (penalty) per unit,Fram is in the business of making filters, they have no interest in the plights of collector car enthusiasts/hobbiest,(so the coin has to be upfront, no "promises" of group buys, or "interested" individuals)... I have $10-$13K to invest in the "venture, an associate that will put up $10K, and a 3rd party that "might" bank roll $10K,...a big "might"...so even if i find a 4th party willing to invest $10K,....it's still a big chunk of coin, and let's face it, how many of these things can you move, like I said earlier, even to wholesale the bulk of the load, your gonna hustle to move maybe 25-50 units per vendor, even big companies like Year One, I'd wager no more than a 100 units, and your going to take a bigger hit wholesale wise, the larger the bulk order....to sit there and sell them off individually is just insane....I fiqured even with 4 investors, wholesaling the lot,....maybe a $2K return in profit per investor, because there will be other costs associated with wholesale distribution of the units,...it's not a cake walk, that why IMHO, it's really not a worthwhile venture, I'd like to do it, but I have to consider the others that want to invest with me, they're doing it for hope of some quick coin, but I'm a motorhead and I get drawn into, or start these "crazy" ideas to support my habit
Posted By: mickm

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/05/11 11:33 PM

Quote:

My question would be how many really need one.My Superbird has been finished for 19 years,installed a N.O.S. original at that time,it is still as nice as when new.I still have two more left plus a few used originals that are pretty nice,will I ever use/need them,probably not.

i would buy 2 or 3 now as well. but are there really enough people to warrant a run? i would have to assume that in the whole mopar world, 500-1000 of these get sold a year? maybe bill can estimate that?

but then there are many situations like the one described above who are set, and don't need them at all.

i can't put in the kitty for the run, but could only buy a few, but would be glad to do that.

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/05/11 11:36 PM

Other than a Mopar who uses this oval air filter? Which model Mopars use this filter?

If anyone is going to pick up an exclusive on the orange CA332V filter I would think that it would be Chrysler/Mopar Performance if the only application is for a MOPAR?

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/05/11 11:42 PM

and then there's always the China knock-off and they don't seem to care about no stinkin copyright, trademark anyway. From what I've seen there is no Fram or Chrysler logo on it anywhere so why not a knock-off filter?

MikeR
Posted By: Dave Watt

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/06/11 03:13 AM

Quote:

But will people spend $70 on them if I buy them for $45? Eric

Yes, there will be a demand and a $70 price is not out of line. Most guys will buy at least 2 so they have a clean one on the shelf.
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/06/11 06:37 AM

Quote:

Other than a Mopar who uses this oval air filter? Which model Mopars use this filter?

Mopar ONLY!!

all 440 +6
all 340 +6
all '70-'71 HEMI
all '69 "RAMCHARGER" & "AIR GRABBER" b-bodies
Posted By: demonH1B

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/06/11 04:11 PM

So this means that when the stock of Mopar Performance six pack packages
are sold there will be no more of them as well...
Posted By: az426john

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/06/11 04:24 PM

Bought one yesterday. Paid a lot for it, but at least I have a spare one.
Posted By: Big_E

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/09/11 03:46 AM

Did you guys see that Tony's Parts had listed both the Fram & NOS black mesh filters?

CA332V
Posted By: Dante

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/09/11 12:52 PM

Quote:

So this means that when the stock of Mopar Performance six pack packages
are sold there will be no more of them as well...

Mopar Performances stock has been depleted, as far as I know they still will be selling the air cleaners but w/o the elements at the same price

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/10/11 02:48 AM

Stopped by my local Advance Auto Parts store this evening to pick up something and started to walk out and turned around and said "can you get a Fram CA332V air filter?" to the parts guy I know there and he looks it up...........he says "no out of stock" and then clicks on "MUST HAVE" to place an order. He then says "they (ordering) hate to see that and they really are told to jump on that when a store clicks "MUST HAVE". He said they usually get a response within a week. I ask if that is now an actual order and he said yes it is. So when I just inquired if they had or could get one that doesn't create an order or actual demand and it basically goes un-noticed. We all need to order one at every Advance Auto Parts store in the country and create a REAL demand and have them click as "MUST HAVE"!!!!

I picked Advance Auto because the local guys have a Friday night cruise, they are all car guys, know how to get me the best price and the parts same or next day annnnnnnd because they have had this photo in the store for a while now with a CA332V Fram air filter in it

MikeR

Attached picture 6771681-DSC09263rs.jpg

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/10/11 02:50 AM

Two Mopar's

Inquiring about the filter without ordering it does not create a demand. If we all order one from the same auto parts store national chain (that has some clout) maybe Fram will make another run of them? Call your local Advance Auto Parts store and order one.

I have my order in and tomorrow I'm calling the other two Advance Auto stores and ordering two more

MikeR

Attached picture 6771684-DSC09262rs.jpg

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/10/11 03:14 AM

Quote:

Two Mopar's

I have my order in and tomorrow I'm calling the other two Advance Auto stores and ordering two more

MikeR

HOARDER !!!

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/10/11 03:27 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Two Mopar's

MikeR

HOARDER !!!

Bill if for some reason all three Advance Auto stores come up with a filter within a week I will send you one no charge and I'll hoard the other two and I won't feel bad in the slightest

I'm still hoarding this one and not sure if it's a real one or not

MikeR

Attached picture 6771759-6bblaircleanerassembly69half013.jpg

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/10/11 03:30 AM

it was inside of this funny looking old air filter tray for years now

Attached picture 6771766-6bblaircleanerassembly69half009.jpg
Posted By: fig426

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/10/11 04:15 AM

Would a group buy on here work? I'd take 6. Only 994 to go.

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/10/11 05:17 PM

Ordered one from Auto Barn last week. They cancelled the order yesterday.

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/10/11 05:20 PM

Quote:

Ordered one from Auto Barn last week. They cancelled the order yesterday.

Try "partsnerd.com"...they had a few at $83

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/10/11 11:00 PM

Thanks Mike. I just ordered one. Hopefully, the order will go through and not be cancelled.

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/14/11 06:30 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Yes, there will be a demand and a $70 price is not out of line. Most guys will buy at least 2 so they have a clean one on the shelf.

See what these crazy things are "going for on da_bay?
CA332v
Makes 70 bucks look like a bargan.
Posted By: Moparlar

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/14/11 02:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

See what these crazy things are "going for on da_bay?
CA332v
Makes 70 bucks look like a bargan.

What does that make an nos original worth
Posted By: P1970HeMICuDA

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/14/11 02:10 PM

Did any of the other filter companies ever make these? (Wix, Delco, etc) I'd be happy to have a couple of fresh ones, with wire mesh just for driving around with and save the Vintage filter for show only.

I phoned around the other day and couldn't find any.

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/14/11 03:07 PM

Quote:

Did any of the other filter companies ever make these? (Wix, Delco, etc) I'd be happy to have a couple of fresh ones, with wire mesh just for driving around with and save the Vintage filter for show only.

I phoned around the other day and couldn't find any.

I think only Fram made them , never seen any other type , I've got a pile of them , one NOS , couple of the repop vintages , 2 K+N , and a couple or 3 of the black wire mesh ...
Posted By: intragration

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/14/11 09:32 PM

So DOES someone have two or three or twelve of these and would be willing to sell one? I don't usually buy extras of this sort of thing, but then I didn't realize they were going to be discontinuing them. Wouldn't mind having a spare on the shelf. Please PM me if you're selling.
Posted By: Dartman440

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/14/11 11:06 PM

man I sold an NOS round hole one with a little surface rust at the Nats yesterday for $125.00. I have several real ones in the A/C's still. I have a black one that is new with the holes. I have two NOS in the box with part Numbers orange with wire mesh dated 81'.
Posted By: floyd

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/15/11 05:41 PM

I ordered one from Partsnerd last Wed and thought I was good to go. Just got an email with a refund. I called and was told that they oversold and have none in stock. bummer
Posted By: dOc !

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/15/11 05:44 PM

That recent one on eBay ..... he started-it at 30 beans ...and it was bid-up to 255 clams

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/15/11 05:51 PM

My vote is still for this lame plan and we do it at one national auto parts chain to get the numbers up........

Quote:

Stopped by my local Advance Auto Parts store this evening to pick up something and started to walk out and turned around and said "can you get a Fram CA332V air filter?" to the parts guy I know there and he looks it up...........he says "no out of stock" and then clicks on "MUST HAVE" to place an order. He then says "they (ordering) hate to see that and they really are told to jump on that when a store clicks "MUST HAVE". He said they usually get a response within a week. I ask if that is now an actual order and he said yes it is. So when I just inquired if they had or could get one that doesn't create an order or actual demand and it basically goes un-noticed. We all need to order one at every Advance Auto Parts store in the country and create a REAL demand and have them click as "MUST HAVE"!!!!

I picked Advance Auto because the local guys have a Friday night cruise, they are all car guys, know how to get me the best price and the parts same or next day annnnnnnd because they have had this photo in the store for a while now with a CA332V Fram air filter in it

MikeR

Inquiring about the filter without ordering it does not create a demand. If we all order one from the same auto parts store national chain (that has some clout) maybe Fram will make another run of them? Call your local Advance Auto Parts store and order one.

MikeR

CALL TODAY
Posted By: PaknSix

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/16/11 12:52 AM

For those who are interested, I compared the 3 different filters I have. Fram CA-332 replacement, an original 2946186, and a Fram CA332V. All filters were purchased in the original packaging. Picture attached.

Attached picture 6779967-FramCA332copy.jpg

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/16/11 01:10 PM

Right out of the 1972 box.

Attached picture 6780634-P8160366.JPG
Posted By: xs29j8

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/18/11 11:57 PM

I only have 3 of the CA332Vs, and had planned to buy several more. But with a good supply of the various incarnations of the Fram CA332 from the late 1970s through the late 1990s, I can keep the CA332Vs for show use.

Below is a picture of the various CA332 versions that I have collected over the years, usually buying a bunch when they were being discontinued...

1) L406 Mopar - Black w/ holes - late 1970s to early 1980s
2) Fram CA332 - Orange w/ screen - late 1970s to mid 1980s (brown box)
3) Fram CA332 - Orange w/ screen (different from earlier ones) - mid 1980s to late 1980s (orange box)
4) Fram CA332 - Black w/ screen - mid 1990s (?) (white "generic" box)... single production run?

Attached picture 6784642-_FramOvalFilterAlternativesToCA332VComparo_1024Wx.jpg

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/19/11 04:19 AM

How about a black one in a orange box?

Attached picture 6785038-Fram_black.png

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/27/11 04:15 AM

Not mine but I have never seen one this color;
Fram

Attached picture 6797183-closeup.jpg
Posted By: 69sixpackbee

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/27/11 10:34 PM

Well, if anyone would not mind parting with one from their hoard I could surely use one for my current resto Bee.
Posted By: cdp

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/28/11 01:13 AM

Could at least use 4. And a friend needs a couple for his AAR.

I think if you went to the TA/AAR board, A12 Board, and the NHOA, etc, you'd wind up with the 500 needed.

The rest could be sold to year one, Dante's, etc.

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/29/11 02:55 AM

Quote:

I think if you went to the TA/AAR board, A12 Board, and the NHOA, etc, you'd wind up with the 500 needed.

that's why my post about using one large national parts chain that everyone should place an order with so it red flags the need and demand. If Fram doesn't see a demand why would they even consider making any????? You know someone will make an orange repop here soon......I said the same thing about the chrome oil/valve cover breathers, I couldn't believe no one was repoping them for how many '68----'70 cars used them, now it's the same thing for this air filter, can you say DUH! COME ON FRAM, I don't want a CHINA knock off on my (North) American car!

EVERYONE PLACE A "MUST HAVE" ORDER AT ADVANCE AUTO PARTS to at least show a real demand. (and spread the word over on the other websites to do the same)

MikeR

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/29/11 03:09 AM

So, CA332V's, are what we want to order?

I could go to AAP and order some tomorrow. Maybe 6 or so.

Or, would it be possible to place an ad for a more "centralized" pre-order...or something like that through a restoration supplier instead?

Say, like a sponsor here?

Or...even another thought would be to buy the tooling and move it over to K&N! We'd have the best of both worlds a washable one with a stainless steel thru hole shrouding that would last forever.

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/29/11 04:08 PM

Quote:

Quote:

that's why my post about using one large national parts chain that everyone should place an order with so it red flags the need and demand. If Fram doesn't see a demand why would they even consider making any????? You know someone will make an orange repop here soon......I said the same thing about the chrome oil/valve cover breathers, I couldn't believe no one was repoping them for how many '68----'70 cars used them, now it's the same thing for this air filter, can you say DUH! COME ON FRAM, I don't want a CHINA knock off on my (North) American car!

EVERYONE PLACE A "MUST HAVE" ORDER AT ADVANCE AUTO PARTS to at least show a real demand. (and spread the word over on the other websites to do the same)

MikeR

Mike,the Advance Auto in my area will not special order/must have order unless item is paid for up front! If not able to fill order money will be refunded.

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/29/11 04:49 PM

Seems like kind of a waste of time if I wanted to tie up some funds for a looooongggg time for a "wish".
Why does Fram have to have their heads up their keysters anyway. 1000 pcs were surely not enough. I think the demand is still there!

A'holes!

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/29/11 05:22 PM

Quote:

Seems like kind of a waste of time if I wanted to tie up some funds for a looooongggg time for a "wish".
Why does Fram have to have their heads up their keysters anyway. 1000 pcs were surely not enough. I think the demand is still there!

A'holes!

Because 1000 or even 10,000 unit runs, in comparison to the MILLIONS that roll off the production line DAILY don't warrant an interference in production set-up to warrant a run so minute, unless a PO is prepayed.....

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/29/11 06:33 PM

I know why...but it's still dumb...and there are no Advance auto parts stores here anyway.
Posted By: 6pkaar

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/29/11 11:37 PM

So I thought why not call Fram direct.... They said they didn't make the CA332V in house. The company that did the last run wasn't available and they couldn't find a new manufacturer that would produce them. The last of what they had went to Advanced Auto. So they decided to discontinue them. I don't think they tried real hard to come up with someone......... Maybe we need to flood Fram with calls.

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/30/11 02:06 AM

pass out the # you called, and we can bombard them i guess.

Where's Jay Leno when you need him?? I bet if he was to call they'd pump them out in a month.
Posted By: bjg

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/30/11 06:06 AM

Jack's Auto Parts had them for $85.00. If you want to check him out.
Posted By: TinCuda

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V - 08/30/11 07:35 AM

Great thread. Really good information.

Posted By: P1970HeMICuDA

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/30/11 12:19 PM

Quote:

Jack's Auto Parts had them for $85.00. If you want to check him out.

Jack's hasn't had them for months.

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/30/11 04:24 PM

Quote:

pass out the # you called, and we can bombard them i guess.

The "U.S. Product Assistance" number for Fram is 1-800-890-2075. The first guy I talked to just said they were discontinued, and he transferred me to marketing department who was doing the online chat thing with someone that knew the scoop on the fate of the CA332V.

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/30/11 07:54 PM

Quote:

The first guy I talked to just said they were discontinued, and he transferred me to marketing department who was doing the online chat thing with someone that knew the scoop on the fate of the CA332V.

so what was the outcome?

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/30/11 08:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

The first guy I talked to just said they were discontinued, and he transferred me to marketing department who was doing the online chat thing with someone that knew the scoop on the fate of the CA332V.

so what was the outcome?

Quote:

So I thought why not call Fram direct.... They said they didn't make the CA332V in house. The company that did the last run wasn't available and they couldn't find a new manufacturer that would produce them. The last of what they had went to Advanced Auto. So they decided to discontinue them. I don't think they tried real hard to come up with someone......... Maybe we need to flood Fram with calls.

Is reading becoming a "lost art"?

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/30/11 09:02 PM

Quote:

Is reading becoming a "lost art"?

yes ...

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/30/11 09:59 PM

Maybe we can find out who the manufacturer was that they outsourced them to and maybe they have some "seconds" or spares

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/31/11 05:29 AM

not to go too far OT but was there any other "production" air filter as large or larger than the "Air Grabber/Ramcharger/AAR-T/A/CA332V" filter on any production car? I don't think anything even comes close but if there is who made it?

This (CA332V) air filter had to have been one of the highest flowing paper air filters ever for a production car just by shear size/square inches alone........back to the search......

Who else manufactured a paper air filter similar in shape besides Fram?

MikeR

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/31/11 12:27 PM

Quote:

not to go too far OT but was there any other "production" air filter as large or larger than the "Air Grabber/Ramcharger/AAR-T/A/CA332V" filter on any production car? I don't think anything even comes close but if there is who made it?

The only filters I can think of that were even close were the crossram Hemi filter elements( they were actualy larger I believe.)

I think the crossram equipped 1969 Z28 elements were similar , just not as large

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/31/11 01:37 PM

I guess Im really confused about the whole idea of getting them to start up productuion again.
They discontinued them! probably due to lacking sales .....now that theyre discontinued everybody wants 2 or 3. until theres ample supply then the sales drop off again.

pretty sure nobody was lining up to sign petitions when production stopped in the 80's!
Posted By: Aero426

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/31/11 03:27 PM

Quote:

I guess Im really confused about the whole idea of getting them to start up productuion again.
They discontinued them! probably due to lacking sales .....now that theyre discontinued everybody wants 2 or 3. until theres ample supply then the sales drop off again.

Like anything else, if and when they get produced, after the initial spike the sales will fall off a cliff. People tend to assume these things will always be available.

Until a vendor steps up with a PO (and $$$) to order them, I don't see a chance of anything happening. The idea of placing individual special orders from stores is just peeing in the wind.
Posted By: *440-6BBL*

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/31/11 06:31 PM

Quote:

:

pretty sure nobody was lining up to sign petitions when production stopped in the 80's!

Ah yes, you're right, but it was hard to find them in the early 80's until a young man named John V. living just outside Chatham, Ontario went into the office of the local FRAM manufacturing plant.

He asked if they had any oval air filters left over from the late 60s early 70s. And yes, they had a few left over and could accommodate him, BUT he also stumbled upon the biggest MOTHERLOAD of Mopar Air Cleaners ever known to mortal man.

The rest of the story is Mopar history.
Posted By: moparmike1

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/31/11 06:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

:

Ah yes, you're right, but it was hard to find them in the early 80's until a young man named John V. living just outside Chatham, Ontario went into the office of the local FRAM manufacturing plant.

He asked if they had any oval air filters left over from the late 60s early 70s. And yes, they had a few left over and could accommodate him, BUT he also stumbled upon the biggest MOTHERLOAD of Mopar Air Cleaners ever known to mortal man.

The rest of the story is Mopar history.

Hi,

I'm not familiar with the details of this story. Would you mind sharing the details?

Thanks,

Mike.
Posted By: 69440

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 08/31/11 08:18 PM

This might be just another shot in the dark, but back in the day, when I was in the parts business, in the 70's and early 80's, almost every one of the other filter manufacturers had their own part number for that filter. I was able to locate em from Wix, Pur-o-later, STP, Salem and many others. The good thing was, when ever I got the box, I'd open it up, and bigger than trigger, there was a brand new Fram filter in someone else's box, and most of the time, was less money than a Fram. You can't just look up the filter by application though, you have to use an old catalog, and in the back of it is a cross reference that gives you all the other's part numbers. I'm not sayin it'll work today, but back then, when Fram originally stopped makin em, they were still fairly esay to find. It might still be worth a shot. If I deside to let go of any of mine, I'll post em here first. Good luck guy's.

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 09/02/11 04:09 AM

Quote:

Until a vendor steps up with a PO (and $$$) to order them, I don't see a chance of anything happening. The idea of placing individual special orders from stores is just peeing in the wind.

Doing something IMO is better than sitting there wishing and hoping that someone will come up with the $$$ to place a big order for something that has no documentation of high demand. Last time I checked most all parts businesses place orders by supply and demand and most of them are monitored by computer programs that flag high requests. Nice to know that Advance Auto Parts was the last one to place a large order for these air filters and sold out........bet they might like to sell out again especially when everyone of their stores has one on display......well sort of

Doing something is better than doing nothing IMO

MikeR

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 09/03/11 12:48 AM

I think I need to buy a lottery ticket tonight
I kept poking around on websites. Checking with all of the chain stores.....dead ends. So when I pulled up O'Reillys website one more time yesterday it said "available to order online". As usual the skepticism kicked in right away and I just shrugged my shoulders and just figured it was another dead end. But, curiosity got the better of me so I called a store I deal with in Texas when I am there in the summer(I live in So. Cal.)and asked the manager to check it out. He told me that one was indeed available in their Dallas warehouse..I about fell out of my chair!! He said maybe one was closer to me in my distribution center which I knew was not the case so I got on the website and IMMEDIATELY submitted my CC#..

Here is the result:

I was assured that I got the ONLY ONE in the U.S. as far as the local rep knows.

Talk about the proverbial needle in a haystack!!

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 09/03/11 12:56 AM

When you have your arms around it,then you will know for sure.

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 09/03/11 01:02 AM

I got the UPS tracking number to boot.
Posted By: intragration

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 09/03/11 02:00 AM

That's strange, I called them a couple weeks ago and they said they didn't have any and couldn't get any. You're a lucky man if you actually get it.

I got my spare today, I guess I'm set for life...or if I ever build another Six Pack.

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 09/03/11 03:30 AM

You're telling me!

I'm stoked!

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 09/03/11 04:09 AM

Quote:

I was assured that I got the ONLY ONE in the U.S. as far as the local rep knows.

I'll let you know tomorrow morning if that's a correct statement.....got something going on.....

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 09/03/11 05:04 AM

Kewl!

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 09/03/11 01:18 PM

almost 5,000 views on this thread, but the no demand for these filters uh?

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 09/03/11 02:26 PM

Quote:

Views don't equal need.

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 09/03/11 02:58 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Views don't equal need.

It's like a train wreck , you can't help but look , I have 6, maybe 8 ... i lost count ... filters , but I keep looking.

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 09/03/11 03:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I'll let you know tomorrow morning if that's a correct statement.....got something going on.....

GOT ONE!!!
OK, As I mentioned previously I called the 800# for Fram customer assistanse (I called a few times!) I finally talked to a gentleman that has worked there the last 12 years and from what it sounds like was in charge of returns from places that wanted to return some of their inventory. Turns out that 800# went to a warehouse about 10 miles from my office, and the guy didn't live that far from me. He has breakfast in a small town nearby at a Mom and Pop restaurant every Saturday morning and wondered if I wanted to meet him for breakfast...... so I did. Turns up he had ONE CA332V in his stash, and GAVE it to me. He checked all the other guys in his position at other warehouses and he was the only one with one. I'm not sure what it fits, but he has 300 plus CA305V filters he's willing to GIVE to anyone needing one, he said it's for a Mopar 4 BBL. He also has pallets of cleaning kits for the Air Hog filter Fram had a ways back.... so if anyone needs either of those, he's got them. Anyway, I need 2 filters and am half way there! So NOW there are none available in the U.S.!!!

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 09/03/11 05:50 PM

OUTSTANDING!!! Seems like we have to start looking in all the "nooks and crannies" now
Posted By: Hamtramck

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 09/03/11 06:05 PM

so how does one go about getting one or two of those free cv305"s

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 09/03/11 07:26 PM

Yea, if he's giving them away, he'd be better off selling them on here with a flat rate and shipping included. Atleast he would be making something on them.

Judging by what he said about "giving" them away, is this the next part # to be discontinued?

I'll take 10 please, if so.

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 09/03/11 07:42 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

GOT ONE!!!
OK, As I mentioned previously I called the 800# for Fram customer assistanse (I called a few times!) I finally talked to a gentleman that has worked there the last 12 years and from what it sounds like was in charge of returns from places that wanted to return some of their inventory. Turns out that 800# went to a warehouse about 10 miles from my office, and the guy didn't live that far from me. He has breakfast in a small town nearby at a Mom and Pop restaurant every Saturday morning and wondered if I wanted to meet him for breakfast...... so I did. Turns up he had ONE CA332V in his stash, and GAVE it to me. He checked all the other guys in his position at other warehouses and he was the only one with one. I'm not sure what it fits, but he has 300 plus CA305V filters he's willing to GIVE to anyone needing one, he said it's for a Mopar 4 BBL. He also has pallets of cleaning kits for the Air Hog filter Fram had a ways back.... so if anyone needs either of those, he's got them. Anyway, I need 2 filters and am half way there! So NOW there are none available in the U.S.!!!

AWESOME but now the "old family rule" MUST apply here; "Whoever takes the last drop of milk in the fridge MUST replace the milk" So we'll be expecting the person or persons that took the "LAST ONE" MUST and will replace them with more

MikeR
Posted By: floyd

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 09/03/11 07:50 PM

Quote:

Yea, if he's giving them away, he'd be better off selling them on here with a flat rate and shipping included. Atleast he would be making something on them.

Judging by what he said about "giving" them away, is this the next part # to be discontinued?

I'll take 10 please, if so.

I'm thinking he wouldn't want to mess with small orders of ones and twos, but maybe he'd sell them by the case? Buyer would pay for shipping plus a modest price per case (to compensate him for his trouble). I'd probably buy a case or two if he's willing to do it that way (and depending on how many are in a case).

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 09/03/11 08:09 PM

Quote:

I'm not sure what it fits, but he has 300 plus CA305V filters he's willing to GIVE to anyone needing one, he said it's for a Mopar 4 BBL.

The CA305 is used in the unsilenced '68-'69 air filter and I think it's the same even in the silenced/snorkel air filter system and made by other manufactures too. Purolator's number is A50084 but it's black not Fram orange of course. I think there are many other applications for the CA305 and it is in much bigger demand/replacement than the oval so I don't see it going away. I think the usuage is large enough and that's the reason for 300 returns that may be from closed dealer buy outs to wrong part ordered?

GREASE MONKEY GMA50084 CA305 $6.95
MOBIL A50084 CA305 $6.95
POWER FLO SA50084 CA305 $6.95
PUROLATOR A50084 CA305 $6.95
SHELL A50084 CA305 $6.95

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 09/03/11 09:56 PM

Ok guys, they're still out there, check this out. Today, I walked into the O'reilly auto parts where a good friend of mine works, and told him I have a project for him. He asked what. I told him to try his best to locate a couple of Fram, CA332V filter elements for me if he could. He said sure, no problem, we had two of those leave here just this morning. He got on his computer, done a little diggin, and he said, ok they'll be here on Tuesday, $80.00 each. I paid for em and said I'd see ya on tuesday, and left. It took alt least 10 times as long for me to get there as it did for him to find em. All this being said, I still do not have em in my hot little hands, but when I do, I think I'll list em on here first, cause I don't really need anymore in my personal stash. I thought it was really gonna be a long shot, but wasn't at all. Best of luck to all!!!
Posted By: 72roadrunnergtx

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 09/03/11 11:45 PM

Quote:

we had two of those leave here just this morning.

This morning? out of the Lakewood, Washington store by chance? I secured those two last evening after a bit of on-line detective work and a couple of phone calls. Drove down there first thing today, 50 mins. each way, they told me they had been in their inventory for over two years. They are out there.

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 09/04/11 04:13 AM

What the !!! These dolts here can't find their rectums with a funnel!!!

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 09/04/11 03:49 PM

Guy's, guy's, please, lets hold up a second. My e-mail inbox has more requests for an air filter element, that you can even imagine. I've read them all, and can sympath with each and every one of you, but here's a question. How can I be fair to everyone that wants a filter? Am I supossed to just say, well, ok, this guy gets one, or this guy deserves one more so than this guy? Help me out here. What's a fair way to do this? Lets say (for the sake of argument) I had only one filter, and was willing to let it go for exactly what I paid for it, plus any shipping charges of course. How do I decide who gets it? Right now, I have about 75 people that say they need it, and I sure don't want to get anyone PO'D. How would you do it? Thanks for your help, I appreciate it, Bill
Posted By: CrazyD

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 09/04/11 03:56 PM

To be fair: sell to the sender of the first email

To be market-driven: sell to the highest bidder on eBay

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 09/04/11 04:20 PM

Quote:

To be fair: sell to the sender of the first email

To be market-driven: sell to the highest bidder on eBay

.... 75 people looking for them
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 09/04/11 04:53 PM

As I am one of those who contacted you, this may be interpreted as a conflict of interests. But at the expense of perhaps cutting my own throat, I'll answer.

There is no 'fair' way. Look at the variables, is it going to be flipped?, do they already have a number of them?, do they have a car?, is it running?, do they have more than one car?, how do you tell if someone is telling you the truth or just blowing smoke?

If you don't have personal knowledge of the person, the answer to all of these is that you wouldn't know the answer until after the deal is done. And it might not go the way you intended it to.

It is noble to help the hobby and those in it. There are few people that would pass up a chance for profit to do so. But again, at the expense of perhaps cutting my own throat, if it were me I would retract my offer and keep the filters. Which is better? 75 people disappointed that they didn't get one or 73 people PO'd that someone else was chosen to be more deserving than them?

Just my You asked for my opinion and you have it.

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 09/04/11 05:44 PM

I seriously doubt there are 75 people who need a filter to complete their car....I would dare to bet 90% of the 75 want a back up!

Bill, if youre not going to make a few bucks on the deal just hold on to it. I dont see anyone selling other rare and under severe demand parts for what they paid and I would love to know who would. Picture someone asking you to sell them a set of seat belts for what you paid for them....you are in the dealing buisness to make a few dollas, right?

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 09/04/11 06:47 PM

Quote:

I seriously doubt there are 75 people who need a filter to complete their car....I would dare to bet 90% of the 75 want a back up!

I'm thinking a fair number of that 90% is looking to flip it .
Posted By: GETX

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 09/04/11 07:22 PM

Quote:

Guy's, guy's, please, lets hold up a second. My e-mail inbox has more requests for an air filter element, that you can even imagine. I've read them all, and can sympath with each and every one of you, but here's a question. How can I be fair to everyone that wants a filter? Am I supossed to just say, well, ok, this guy gets one, or this guy deserves one more so than this guy? Help me out here. What's a fair way to do this? Lets say (for the sake of argument) I had only one filter, and was willing to let it go for exactly what I paid for it, plus any shipping charges of course. How do I decide who gets it? Right now, I have about 75 people that say they need it, and I sure don't want to get anyone PO'D. How would you do it? Thanks for your help, I appreciate it, Bill

IMO you created your own problem by putting your "find" out there in the first place. To be honest, all this stuff about finding this air filter is starting to sound like "cars found in barns" stories
Posted By: MrNormsTA

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 09/04/11 09:36 PM

Got mine from Callahan Auto Parts a while back.

Rick.

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 09/05/11 12:06 AM

GETX, you're right, I am the one who stepped on my own foot, so to speak, but if you really knew me, then you'ld know that I actually give stuff away, at no charge, all the time. I don't believe it's a sin to be in this hobby just for the love of the cars. I really didn't want to open a can of worms with this, I simply asked my parts guy if he could find me a couple of these filters, and he did, in about 3 minutes. My main intent was to show that if someone really wanted or needed one, they're still out there. All you have to do is look. I was/am just trying to avoid lettin someone get one of these things that's just gonna flip it for a quick profit, and I see now that there's no possible way of doing that I have one promissed, and I think I'll just keep the other. Many thank to all for your input.

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 09/05/11 12:24 AM

run a "Moparts Lottery" take the names & draw a winner

make it a trivia contest & draw from the correct answers recieved

or other - if profit isn't the motive "HAVE FUN"!!
Posted By: His and Her 69's

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 09/05/11 07:34 AM

Well 2 weeks ago I stopped at Auto Zone, NAPA, Advanced Auto, and O Reily's and no one can find me one or can order one as they all show discontinued.
I did order one from O Reiley's and I got a call the next day and said they were discontinued and out of stock. This was the only place to actually sent corporate a message to ask about the status of them.
I have some friends on the lookout for 1 for my A12 RR but no luck yet.
I have also checked mail order places like Summitt, Jeg's, Mancini's with the same results. I finally ordered a K&N one for the car and will just use it.
Good Luck to Anyone that finds and RECEIVES one.
David
Posted By: CompSyn

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 09/05/11 09:31 AM

Quote:

The CA305 is used in the unsilenced '68-'69 air filter and I think it's the same even in the silenced/snorkel air filter system and made by other manufactures too.

The unsilenced and snorkel air cleaners use different air filters elements.

For example:

FRAM Part # CA127 With snorkel: 3.52" height / 12.81" O.D./ 11.02" I.D. Notes: Chrysler family of cars V-8 (63-78)

FRAM Part # CA305 Without snorkel: 2.77" height / 12.81" O.D./ 11.02" I.D. Notes: Chrysler family of cars V-8 (68-90)

BTW, I was just at O'Riley Auto Parts online and they have the CA332V listed for $79.99 (Not sold online - Call store for details - Limited Availability).
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 09/05/11 12:28 PM

Quote:

......BTW, I was just at O'Riley Auto Parts online and they have the CA332V listed for $79.99 (Not sold online - Call store for details - Limited Availability).

No good. I saw the same thing and stopped at O'Rileys on Saturday. No got, can't get, can't find. In fact the counterman vented a little about "that website" so I'm assuming from his comments that the O'Riley website is on another planet at times.
Posted By: moparmike1

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 09/05/11 01:35 PM

Quote:

Quote:

The CA305 is used in the unsilenced '68-'69 air filter and I think it's the same even in the silenced/snorkel air filter system and made by other manufactures too.

The unsilenced and snorkel air cleaners use different air filters elements.

For example:

FRAM Part # CA127 With snorkel: 3.52" height / 12.81" O.D./ 11.02" I.D. Notes: Chrysler family of cars V-8 (63-78)

FRAM Part # CA305 Without snorkel: 2.77" height / 12.81" O.D./ 11.02" I.D. Notes: Chrysler family of cars V-8 (68-90)

BTW, I was just at O'Riley Auto Parts online and they have the CA332V listed for $79.99 (Not sold online - Call store for details - Limited Availability).

This link from Nick's garage clarifies this difference:

Nick's Garage

The CA127 was used from 1964 to 1969 for the snorkel style while the CA305 was used starting in 1968 for the unsilenced style then across all styles, obviously excluding the CA332 applications, starting in 1970 through to 1979 (possibly beyond that but Nick's listing stops there).

Thanks,

Mike.

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 09/05/11 03:36 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Views don't equal need.

It's like a train wreck , you can't help but look , I have 6, maybe 8 ... i lost count ... filters , but I keep looking.

John,out of curiosity,why do you need more than the 6/8 (unless you are planning on 6/8 more cars that require one) that you already have? I "had" three,just replaced the one on my bird that was 18 yrs old and still looked good and was clean,"gave" one away and still have one I will probably never use.Common sense would tell you that over the life of owning a car one would probably only need two,three at best if driven regularly which most are not and some never.Only reason I can see for hoarding is $$$ or flipping as you call it.Nothing wrong with that unless the flip price is driven by greed and not common sense.From what I have read so far,there are probably a lot already hoarded right here on this forum that would fill someone's need.So,do you want to sell any of your extra to some forum member that really needs one ?

I was one that though from the beginning when it was first mentioned that they were no longer available that I better get another one,after some thought,changed my mind.

Had second thoughts about posting this but thought what the h*ll !

Posted By: mickm

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 09/05/11 04:52 PM

Quote:

i'm one of those who emailed him. so what is wrong with a backup? like any part, things can happen and they do wear out, get accidentally damaged, etc... what is wrong with having a backup for a part that may never hit the market again?

i say don't stress over it. find something simple, like first come first serve. or as someone mentioned, have fun with it. do a mopar trivia Q&A or something. just remember that old saying, "you can please some of the people some of the time..." so most likely no matter what you do someone will be hacked off. even if you decide to do nothing and keep them.

just have fun with it
Posted By: WORKER_BEE

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 09/05/11 04:57 PM

Anybody interested in trading an original '69 Six Pack air filter for a new reproduction air filter? ......it was worth a try eh!

Attached picture 6811739-rsz_1filter.jpg

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 09/05/11 06:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Views don't equal need.

John,out of curiosity,why do you need more than the 6/8 (unless you are planning on 6/8 more cars that require one) that you already have? I "had" three,just replaced the one on my bird that was 18 yrs old and still looked good and was clean,"gave" one away and still have one I will probably never use.Common sense would tell you that over the life of owning a car one would probably only need two,three at best if driven regularly which most are not and some never.Only reason I can see for hoarding is $$$ or flipping as you call it.Nothing wrong with that unless the flip price is driven by greed and not common sense.From what I have read so far,there are probably a lot already hoarded right here on this forum that would fill someone's need.So,do you want to sell any of your extra to some forum member that really needs one ?

I was one that though from the beginning when it was first mentioned that they were no longer available that I better get another one,after some thought,changed my mind.

Had second thoughts about posting this but thought what the h*ll !

I don't really need 6 plus, it just happened that way, I have one car that needs it.

At first I only had the current available black with chicken wire mesh , got 3 of those from someone selling them at a swap meet, think that was when I had my A12 back in the late 90's when I got the carback from my friend I sold it to I think it had a K+N on it, When the repops came out I bought 2, one for a backup.

Then a friend passed away that owed me money so I got his NOS orange 332 along with a few other trinkets.

Then a machine shop I used to use had a new K+N that he ordered for someone and they never picked it up so he sold it to me just to get rid of it.

The only one I was interested in selling was the NOS but no one wants it unless it's free , it cost me 3k ....

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 09/05/11 06:36 PM

Quote:

Anybody interested in trading an original '69 Six Pack air filter for a new reproduction air filter? ......it was worth a try eh!

Does it come with that NOS under grille filler panel ?
Posted By: WORKER_BEE

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 09/05/11 07:07 PM

Are you ...... .
I need that part for my Bee.

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 09/05/11 07:59 PM

I have 1 filter but 5 cars that take that filter. Guess I'll be using the k/n filters and save the 1 filter for show duty.

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 09/05/11 08:52 PM

Quote:

I have 1 filter but 5 cars that take that filter. Guess I'll be using the k/n filters and save the 1 filter for show duty.

Or get rid of four cars!
Posted By: CompSyn

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 09/06/11 12:54 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Or get rid of four cars!

Yeah, darn it, Fram stopped making the air filter for my car, so guess I have to sell the car, LOL.
Posted By: b_body_fan

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 09/06/11 02:03 AM

I was able to find one this past weekend at a car show. A gentleman in the swap meet had a Mopar Performance six pack air cleaner package for sale-still new in the box, with a new ca332v air filter, all for $300. I needed the air cleaner assembly for my race car (I'll use a K&N filter with that)and I'll use the air filter for another car. If no one reproduces the air filters, it looks like swap meets and ebay are going to be the way to go.

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 09/06/11 06:51 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Or get rid of four cars!

Sell all 5 cars and put the filter on the shelf for investment purposes. Would hate to use a rare filter!!
Posted By: 1969ronnie

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 10/03/11 04:37 PM

hi, are the screen type 332's correct for a 69 rt n96 car like this number ebay 260863464138 or do i need to find a round hole version? does it matter if the filter is orange or black? thanks, ron
Posted By: lewtot184

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 10/03/11 04:56 PM

pretty sure you need an orange with holes. i never seen a black filter back in the day. i think they were a late 80's or 90's thing.

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 10/03/11 05:01 PM

all oval 1968-72 airfilter applications require an orange rubber - round perforated plate - and white paper filter. no exceptions

anything else is nothing more than an over the counter replacement
Posted By: astjp2

Re: Status -Oval six pack and Hemi air filters - CA332V 's - 10/07/11 06:19 AM

I would be happy for a non k&N over the counter replacement!
© 2024 Moparts Forums