Moparts

Wurth Fender Tape?? need help.

Posted By: cdp

Wurth Fender Tape?? need help. - 09/27/08 06:36 PM

I'd like to purchase a roll of this tape, but the distributor said he'd have to buy 60 rolls to sell me one.

Anyone have access to a Wurth rep/dealer than I can purchase a roll from.

Item # Art.# 0890100032 WURTH Fender Tape

larger image
WURTH Fender Tape

100% solid, premium quality, flat pressure sensitive extruded butyl product with excellent sealing properties to all metal, glass, fiberglass, plastics and other non-porous surfaces.
UV stable.

Specifications

Size 3/8" x 33' Roll

Type Round
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: Wurth Fender Tape?? need help. - 09/27/08 06:57 PM

http://wurthindustry.thomasnet.com/viewi...measuresortid=0

Re: Wurth Fender Tape?? need help. - 09/27/08 08:45 PM

Thats where I got my info from, but I don't think you can buy direct without buying large quantities.
Posted By: a12superbee

Re: Wurth Fender Tape?? need help. - 09/27/08 08:55 PM

Give them a call, if they have online ordering they probably have a system in place to sell to an individual. I've had great luck calling manufacturers and getting what I need.
Posted By: Dave Watt

Re: Wurth Fender Tape?? need help. - 09/27/08 09:12 PM

I bought 2 cans of Wurth seam sealer (great stuff by the way) direct from Wurth. Took my credit card over the phone and was on my doorstep in a few days. Give them a call.

Re: Wurth Fender Tape?? need help. - 09/27/08 10:47 PM

Dang, I just got 4 cans of Wurth brushable seam sealer this week from Pelican parts. They didn't stock the fender seal.

They're brushable is the best on the market as far as I can tell.

Their fender seal look like the original style chrysler used, but a friend suggested sealant that can be purchased at an RV shop for less than $20.

I may take that route. He gave me a sample today of the RV seam sealer and its not like a body seam sealer that will bond. Which is what I'm looking for on the fenders.

Thanks
Chris
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: Wurth Fender Tape?? need help. - 09/28/08 12:32 AM

I just looked at the Wurth website. Where have these guys been hiding? Man, what a selection of what appears to be good stuff!
Posted By: MrNormsTA

Re: Wurth Fender Tape?? need help. - 09/28/08 12:36 AM

I have always bought direct from the WurthUSA website. Their products are top notch and the brushable seam sealer works great.
Posted By: anlauto

Re: Wurth Fender Tape?? need help. - 09/28/08 12:51 AM

Quote:

I have always bought direct from the WurthUSA website. Their products are top notch and the brushable seam sealer works great.

What colour is the brushable seam sealer?
Posted By: MrNormsTA

Re: Wurth Fender Tape?? need help. - 09/28/08 12:57 AM

Quote:

Quote:

What colour is the brushable seam sealer?

Black.

Re: Wurth Fender Tape?? need help. - 09/28/08 01:03 AM

Stuff goes on easy, flows out smooth (smoother than ma-mopar did it). And the really great thing....it doesn't shrink back and crack like 3M and is a bit cheaper. I paid $33 a quart shipped.

I use a combination of a paint paddle and a stiff parts cleaner brush I buy at swap meets for about $2 dollars apiece.
Posted By: cool_cuda

Re: Wurth Fender Tape?? need help. - 09/28/08 03:58 AM

I have a wurth Rep that might be able to get me just one roll...
© 2024 Moparts Forums