Moparts

Large Font/Small Font 054 radiators

Posted By: 68RRFlyer

Large Font/Small Font 054 radiators - 06/19/11 08:04 PM

Hi Folks,

I'm doing some more research on my 69 Charger and I have a question on the radiator. My Charger is a number's matching RT/SE with all the original parts underhood minus the distributor (and a few clamps). Parts that weren't there were in the trunk, so that was a bonus! It's a non-A/C car, auto as well. I bought it from a friend of the original owner. So I know the history of it back to day one. It has some good options, but I'm curious about the radiator. It's an 054 radiator, but is it a large font or a small font and what's the difference? I hear all the A12 guys talking about the large font one. Was that a 1/2 year radiator or something? I also have the A36 Axle package and the 2806070 fan clutch is still there too. Thanks guys.

Cheers

Attached picture 6690183-mustangcharger2035.JPG
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: Large Font/Small Font 054 radiators - 06/19/11 10:56 PM

That is a large font, I'll try to find a picture... Got it.. BTW Cool Car!!

Attached picture 6690447-2618886-69_054_fonts_450.jpg
Posted By: MMC Detroit

Re: Large Font/Small Font 054 radiators - 06/19/11 11:04 PM

Small and large font reference

Attached picture 6690451-054Radcodesmallandlargereference.jpg
Posted By: FJ5_Fish

Re: Large Font/Small Font 054 radiators - 06/20/11 08:19 PM

Quote:

Hi Folks,

I'm doing some more research on my 69 Charger and I have a question on the radiator. My Charger is a number's matching RT/SE with all the original parts underhood minus the distributor (and a few clamps). Parts that weren't there were in the trunk, so that was a bonus! It's a non-A/C car, auto as well. I bought it from a friend of the original owner. So I know the history of it back to day one. It has some good options, but I'm curious about the radiator. It's an 054 radiator, but is it a large font or a small font and what's the difference? I hear all the A12 guys talking about the large font one. Was that a 1/2 year radiator or something? I also have the A36 Axle package and the 2806070 fan clutch is still there too. Thanks guys.

Cheers

What is the SPD of your car?

Large Font is typically early - small font (as found on most A12's, Daytona's etc.) is typically later in the model year. The vendor numbers are typically different as well.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Large Font/Small Font 054 radiators - 06/20/11 09:43 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Hi Folks,

Cheers

Large Font is typically early - small font (as found on most A12's, Daytona's etc.) is typically later in the model year. The vendor numbers are typically different as well.

My 2/11 SPD 383 Bee has a small font .
Posted By: A12

Re: Large Font/Small Font 054 radiators - 06/20/11 11:09 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hi Folks,

Cheers

My 2/11 SPD 383 Bee has a small font .

Seems to me I have photos of Lynch Road built cars (Hemi's) that had LARGE font at the beginning of January and around the third week or last of January (by SPD) the small font radiators started to show up....
Posted By: 68RRFlyer

Re: Large Font/Small Font 054 radiators - 06/21/11 03:11 AM

My SPD is December 12th, Hamtramck plant. 4618S carb, single screw. Has the dual headrest option too before they were mandatory. Can't wait to get her on the road!

Cheers
© 2024 Moparts Forums