Moparts

AMD VS Goodmark 70 cuda trunk pan

Posted By: ns1aar

AMD VS Goodmark 70 cuda trunk pan - 05/27/11 01:07 AM

I need the pros and cons of each.Fit finish correctness
Posted By: Sasquatch4406

Re: AMD VS Goodmark 70 cuda trunk pan - 05/27/11 02:55 AM

im using AMD on my car, though it isnt installed yet all ive heard is praise when it comes their parts. AMD metal is mopar restortation certified, or at least my dart parts were.
Posted By: johnscudashop

Re: AMD VS Goodmark 70 cuda trunk pan - 05/27/11 02:59 AM

I just installed a AMD inner fender and upper cowl on my 71 cuda. The fit and finish is definitly better than the goodmark peices I used in the past.

Attached picture 6652864-100_2193.jpg
Posted By: johnscudashop

Re: AMD VS Goodmark 70 cuda trunk pan - 05/27/11 03:00 AM

other picture

Attached picture 6652866-100_2192.jpg
Posted By: mopars_1

Re: AMD VS Goodmark 70 cuda trunk pan - 05/27/11 06:45 PM

heres a picture of my floor pans for my 71 roadrunner from AMD. they basically droped right in place, no 'messageing' needed. previous pans from goodmark.. =

Attached picture 6653644-100_0584.jpg
Posted By: hotairballoonpilot

Re: AMD VS Goodmark 70 cuda trunk pan - 05/27/11 07:04 PM

If it means anything. A friend who runs a body shop bought a set of mustang fenders from goodmark. sent them back and got fenders from keystone that were worlds better than goodmark. If they can't get ford parts rights what makes them think they can get mopar correct? Just my .02 but then I can sell amd and use them any chance I get.

corey
Posted By: Hamtramck

Re: AMD VS Goodmark 70 cuda trunk pan - 05/27/11 07:09 PM

Goodmark dug their own grave. Figured they were the only game in town and thereby didnt care about quality or customers.
Posted By: Dixie

Re: AMD VS Goodmark 70 cuda trunk pan - 05/27/11 08:20 PM

Quote:

Goodmark dug their own grave. Figured they were the only game in town and thereby didnt care about quality or customers.

Unfortunately, is seems that way. We have decided to carry AMD only going forward.

Perhaps the new owners/management at Goodmark have a different perspective on business.
Posted By: cudastruction

Re: AMD VS Goodmark 70 cuda trunk pan - 05/28/11 04:07 PM

I used a Goodmark full trunk pan with AMD trunk extensions and rear quarters and had no major issues. Each part took a little massaging/trimming. I can't comment on the AMD trunk pan because I did not have one or use one. This was on a 71 cuda.

Al
Posted By: Eric_70_Chally

Re: AMD VS Goodmark 70 cuda trunk pan - 06/01/11 12:15 PM

I'm using a goodmark full trunk floor with amd outer wheel and extensions. The floor is a good fit. The back lip (where it folds up over the rear tail panel) is alittle shorter than the ooriginal, but noting to worry about. Its enough to weld. It also seems to be missing two holes on the outer edges of the shock humps, and I had to punch the shock hump holes myself.
As far as the amd parts, the right side fit so well, they damn near fell in by themselves. The left needed a little 'love' from my body hammer.

...All on my 70 challenger rt...
Cheers,
Eric
Posted By: cudastruction

Re: AMD VS Goodmark 70 cuda trunk pan - 06/01/11 11:27 PM

I had a similar experience with the left side as well.

Al
Posted By: domingo

Re: AMD VS Goodmark 70 cuda trunk pan - 06/02/11 12:06 AM

odmark floor pans are thinner gauge, probably the same as the factory floor pans.

AMD floor pans are definetly thicker gauge. I dont think thats a bad thing though!

AMD ribs are more crisp, Goodmarks are more "washed off".

However Goodmark pans are like half the price, and I wouldnt say they are bad at all. They are defintely very useable.

Having said that, Id go for AMD on nicer cars....Id use Goodmark on somthing I want to do right but dont want to spend much on because its a run of the mill car.

Now, when talking about exterior sheemetal like fenders, quarters, decklids, etc. AMD is pretty good for being repro parts....you wont be getting any better anyplace else. You want better, buy NOS and be ready to sell a kidney to be able to afford it.

Goodmark exterior sheetmetal Stay away!!! ITS JUNK!!!
© 2024 Moparts Forums