Moparts

70 RR Steering wheel center cap

Posted By: mickm

70 RR Steering wheel center cap - 05/16/11 06:18 PM

I have a repop center cap for the wheel, the little cap with the road runner decal on it that covers the bolt that holds the horn ring to the wheel.

two things. first is that the tab that holds it in is at the 3 o'clock position, and the decal is offset, probably centered at the 1 o'clock position. so that means installed in the wheel and pointing straight ahead, the decal will be offset.

i assume this isn't correct, and i just got a bad one?

second is that it looks like a very, very tight fit to get this thing in, and that once in, will not be easy to get out without mucking it up pretty badly.

are they supposed to be that tight?

thanks.

mickm
Posted By: Chris2581

Re: 70 RR Steering wheel center cap - 05/16/11 07:26 PM

Yes and yes.

Re: 70 RR Steering wheel center cap - 05/16/11 09:13 PM

Quote:

Yes and yes.

thanks. any tricks to getting it in, and out?
Posted By: 70gtx440dana

Re: 70 RR Steering wheel center cap - 05/16/11 09:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Yes and yes.

thanks. any tricks to getting it in, and out?

Use a small screw driver....put some tape on the end to protect the pad and the emblem.
Posted By: LimeliteAero

Re: 70 RR Steering wheel center cap - 05/17/11 02:11 PM

I just took mine apart on Sunday and with a small screwdriver it popped right out.

Re: 70 RR Steering wheel center cap - 05/17/11 02:58 PM

Quote:

I just took mine apart on Sunday and with a small screwdriver it popped right out.

seems much tighter than that, but good to know, will give it a shot.

thanks!
Posted By: okie

Re: 70 RR Steering wheel center cap - 05/17/11 09:24 PM

I just put mine together and I had to cut part of the ear off it to get it straight in the wheel. It didn't look right in there at an angle. Good Luck Ronnie

Re: 70 RR Steering wheel center cap - 05/17/11 09:43 PM

Quote:

I just put mine together and I had to cut part of the ear off it to get it straight in the wheel. It didn't look right in there at an angle. Good Luck Ronnie

i figured that is what i'll do instead of buy a new one. as long as there is some part of the tab it should be fine. and as was said earlier, it is so tight in there anyway that it shouldn't matter.
Posted By: Pntastar69

Re: 70 RR Steering wheel center cap - 05/18/11 11:10 AM

Even if the tab breaks, a little piece of double back tape would suffice.
© 2024 Moparts Forums