Moparts

Is anyone making fuel filler necks? e-body.

Posted By: cudabitten

Is anyone making fuel filler necks? e-body. - 04/26/11 12:56 PM

Hi, is there a source for fuel filler necks? Mine is toast.
Posted By: cataclysm80

Re: Is anyone making fuel filler necks? e-body. - 04/26/11 02:37 PM

No reproductions, if that's what you mean.

You'll have to find an original. Is yours rusted through or something?

There are several differences in filler necks, mainly due to emissions changes through the years. Just a heads up so that you make sure you know what you're looking for.

Tav
Posted By: cudaized

Re: Is anyone making fuel filler necks? e-body. - 04/26/11 03:41 PM

Quote:

Hi, is there a source for fuel filler necks? Mine is toast.

What year are you looking for? I have several packed away in storage.
Posted By: FY1TA

Re: Is anyone making fuel filler necks? e-body. - 04/26/11 05:01 PM

I sent three to Wilson productions to be replated . Be interesting to see what they look like .
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Is anyone making fuel filler necks? e-body. - 04/26/11 06:33 PM

Quote:

I sent three to Wilson productions to be replated . Be interesting to see what they look like .

Posted By: rallye73

Re: Is anyone making fuel filler necks? e-body. - 04/26/11 07:32 PM

I just got mine back from being plated. I had it done in silver zinc. Cost me 15.00 to get it done locally. The jack mast and ignition control bracket were done in gold zinc by the same people.

Attached picture 6604154-challengerrestopics4-26050.JPG
Posted By: cudabitten

Re: Is anyone making fuel filler necks? e-body. - 04/27/11 12:41 AM

Here are some pics,

Its for a 74 barracuda. I could try welding it, but it looks like it will take more time than its worth. Pretty sure its rusted through, about half way around.
Posted By: ehbody

Re: Is anyone making fuel filler necks? e-body. - 03/14/12 09:00 PM

So I have seen this. Anybody get one? Quality?
Made in? Looks good in pictures.

Ebay Cuda Filler neck listing
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Is anyone making fuel filler necks? e-body. - 03/15/12 12:19 PM

I've seen them on tables.

They looked real good.

questions is - how do they fit and what cap do they take, for that I do not know
Posted By: TWS

Re: Is anyone making fuel filler necks? e-body. - 04/19/12 12:21 PM

Wilson Productions - Fuel Filler Tube Restoration

Posted By: cbusters

Re: Is anyone making fuel filler necks? e-body. - 04/19/12 11:41 PM

Hopefully, he is a bit more available, now that; the family is not sick, he is not sick, it's not snowing, the plater isn't changing their tanks, the plater returns his calls, he's not out of town, he has time to put the parts together, he has time to pack up the parts. We started detailing spare parts for the car and were pleasantly surprised when they did show up. Just a few months longer than I expected. The parts did look nice!
Posted By: 71TA

Re: Is anyone making fuel filler necks? e-body. - 04/20/12 04:13 AM

Quote:

Hopefully, he is a bit more available, now that; the family is not sick, he is not sick, it's not snowing, the plater isn't changing their tanks, the plater returns his calls, he's not out of town, he has time to put the parts together, he has time to pack up the parts. We started detailing spare parts for the car and were pleasantly surprised when they did show up. Just a few months longer than I expected. The parts did look nice!

I have to get Mr Wilsons back. I get the same complaints/concerns too. I too work a day job. Wish this mopar market were bigger. Then some of us small guys could actually make a living at it and focus full time. Kinda have to tolerate some minor delays to get parts for these 40yo cars from guys that care or get poor quality stuff from companies where quality isn't a concern anymore. Just profits.

I just landed from the airport at 7pm after being outta town for 3 days for my day job. Had to come right to my shop. Hoping to get outta here by 1AM so I can get to work tomorrow at 7AM.

PS I saw his tubes at Indy. Looked nice. I even sold him a few cores that I had used to make gaskets from.
© 2024 Moparts Forums