Moparts

70 B Body dash wire again...UPDATE

Posted By: anlauto

70 B Body dash wire again...UPDATE - 04/23/11 10:16 PM

For a rally dash, do they use a seperate wire on the oil pressure gauge?
I see one stud is longer then the other ?

Is it wired in the circuit board?

The reason I ask is because I'm looking for the terminal to plug the grey wire in on the engine side of the bulkhead, but I can't find a grey wire on the dash side...

Also, while I'm at it....My Bill Evans Hemi engine wire harness has a dark grey wire with a female bullit style connector on it that comes out near the bulkhead...What the heck is that for? I can't find the other end of it...
Posted By: meepmeep70

Re: 70 B Body dash wire again... - 04/24/11 02:49 AM

again can't help til i get home,if nobody chimes in i can help you easter morning
Posted By: 70runner

Re: 70 B Body dash wire again... - 04/24/11 03:05 AM

No separate wire for the oil gauge, hooked up via the circuit board. Studs should be same length.

The engine harness connector near the bulkhead may be for a tictoctac.

Re: 70 B Body dash wire again... - 04/24/11 03:12 AM

I bought a reproduction tic toc tach, it cam with a seperate wire to run to the coil, way to short for a Hemi mind you, but it was included.
I thought this dark grey wire might be that as well...but there's no other end to it ??? If it was a tach wire then it should have been visable near the coil as well...

OK, back to the oil pressure question...The Hemi positive battery cable includes the oil sender wire...which section of the bulkhead would it plug into, if the gauge is operated by the circuit board?

Re: 70 B Body dash wire again... - 04/24/11 08:11 PM

Ok....I figured it out....I'm blaming this one on the new harness from Bill Evans Actually I don't have enough knowledge of 1970 Hemi B Bodies, but I can't figure out why he included this wire in his engine wire harness...
The spade was plugged into the bulkhead connector, the wire was taped in the harness and looped back out....This wouldn't have been suspicious if the positive battery cable harness didn't have a wire with the same spade terminal on the end. If it had of had a male bullet type end I wouldn't be wasting my Easter Sunday trying to figure this out...

Happy Easter everyone...

Attached picture 6600772-P1060208.JPG
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: 70 B Body dash wire again...UPDATE - 04/25/11 12:46 PM

bullit connector is clutch lockout switch for the 4 speed

at least it is on this one.

I'll ck the other wire you asked about today
Posted By: denfireguy

Re: 70 B Body dash wire again... - 04/26/11 03:04 AM

Quote:

No separate wire for the oil gauge, hooked up via the circuit board. Studs should be same length.

The engine harness connector near the bulkhead may be for a tictoctac.

On E bodies, grey wire with female bullet connector is for tach.
Craig
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: 70 B Body dash wire again... Grey Tach Wire - 04/26/11 11:47 AM

grey wire is the tach wire. Goes thru a hole designated for such

blue wire with the bullit connector not shown here is clutch interlock or lockout - or what ever you want to call it

Attached picture 6603596-DSC01408.JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums