Moparts

E body a-pillar plastic trim parts being reproduced?

Posted By: PAINT IT BLACK

E body a-pillar plastic trim parts being reproduced? - 03/25/11 10:37 PM

I don't see them anywhere...
Posted By: ricomondo

Re: E body a-pillar plastic trim parts being reproduced? - 03/25/11 11:58 PM

Palco has them,but that is a last ditch resort. I didnt like them on a previous Challenger I had. Check with BE&A, or PG classics, they may have them
Posted By: denfireguy

Re: E body a-pillar plastic trim parts being reproduced? - 03/26/11 02:04 AM

I have a pair of medium blue ones from DashTop but I do not see them on their web site anymore.
Craig
Posted By: THESHAKERPROJECT

Re: E body a-pillar plastic trim parts being reproduced? - 03/26/11 06:19 PM

Quote:

I don't see them anywhere...

I would find a nice set of orig as there not that hard to find...

Re: E body a-pillar plastic trim parts being reproduced? - 03/27/11 04:15 AM

I called one Mopar salvage yard and they told me they had none, but thought they were being reproduced. According to BE&A and PG Classics sites, they don't have them for e body. The reason I don't want originals is because of uv damage. Mine cracked, I jb welded them and they cracked again when I tried to install. Guess I'll call around.
Posted By: 318 Stroker

Re: E body a-pillar plastic trim parts being reproduced? - 03/27/11 07:07 PM

Quote:

I called one Mopar salvage yard and they told me they had none, but thought they were being reproduced. According to BE&A and PG Classics sites, they don't have them for e body. The reason I don't want originals is because of uv damage. Mine cracked, I jb welded them and they cracked again when I tried to install. Guess I'll call around.

Check around some more for good used ones. They seem to be fairly common. But be aware that there were two different recipes for the plastic. There are the hard brittle kind which easily crack, and the flexible ones which are almost indestructable. Also, I believe there were two different screw hole configurations for the various years, so be aware of that too....

I would place a "wanted" ad here on Moparts.
Posted By: Iceman01

Re: E body a-pillar plastic trim parts being reproduced? - 03/27/11 07:20 PM

Quote:

... be aware that there were two different recipes for the plastic. There are the hard brittle kind which easily crack, and the flexible ones which are almost indestructable. Also, I believe there were two different screw hole configurations for the various years...

Posted By: Dante

Re: E body a-pillar plastic trim parts being reproduced? - 03/28/11 01:59 AM

I have them
Pillar Posts

Re: E body a-pillar plastic trim parts being reproduced? - 03/28/11 02:05 PM

Quote:

But be aware that there were two different recipes for the plastic. There are the hard brittle kind which easily crack, and the flexible ones which are almost indestructable. Also, I believe there were two different screw hole configurations for the various years, so be aware of that too....

I would place a "wanted" ad here on Moparts.

Posted By: TONY_DAGOSTINO

Re: E body a-pillar plastic trim parts being reproduced? - 03/28/11 03:58 PM

there are actually 3 different screwhole configurations

1970 til january 1971

january 1971 thru 1973

and 1974 was its own

thank you
tony
Posted By: cataclysm80

Re: E body a-pillar plastic trim parts being reproduced? - 03/28/11 04:08 PM

That's interesting. Any idea why the changes were made?

Tav
Posted By: 70plymA34

Re: E body a-pillar plastic trim parts being reproduced? - 03/29/11 12:42 AM

Quote:

I have them
Pillar Posts

The current repro a-pillar posts are good for a driver but not made out of the same material and dont have the same look as the originals. They are good for fit but very glossy probably due to not being injected molded. If there is a way to knock the gloss down they would blend in better. its to bad the guy that made those excellent ebody door panels make the a pillars as well. it would be a nice compliment to an interior restoration.
© 2024 Moparts Forums