Moparts

amd hood

Posted By: mopar mike

amd hood - 03/14/11 07:20 PM

anybody ran into there being no holes in the front of the hood for the hood to rad support seal? (amd) if so do you have any pics of how it is supposed to be mounted and the number of holes to drill. thanks moparts

Re: amd hood - 03/14/11 09:31 PM

nobody has bought a shaker amd hood? and had this problem?
Posted By: AB&E

Re: amd hood - 03/14/11 11:37 PM

That sucks. they are all the same flat hood shaker hood bulge hood all the same location & holes. hope this helps I have all 3

Re: amd hood - 03/15/11 11:34 AM

do you have any pics with the seal installed? it has been 5 years since i started this project and i can't remember how it was on the hood. thanks
Posted By: AB&E

Re: amd hood - 03/15/11 07:01 PM

I have no pics. sorry
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: amd hood - 03/15/11 07:56 PM

Quote:

do you have any pics with the seal installed? it has been 5 years since i started this project and i can't remember how it was on the hood. thanks

I know this might not show much, but the rubber seals 90 degree edge w/push clips mounts along the first "rib", on the vertical surface, and follows the contour of the hood,....and yes, none of the AMD hoods are drilled for this seal

Attached picture 6531501-DSC02778-1.jpg

Re: amd hood - 03/15/11 08:20 PM

thanks for the pic, but i need a closer look at where the seal attatches. it looks like from here those holes are on my hood. but there are holes all along the flap that does a 90 bend. can't tell if it goes on the front or the rear? thanks again all
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: amd hood - 03/15/11 08:29 PM

Tough to find a pic at that angle, maybe this helps

Attached picture 6531543-dshood.jpg

Re: amd hood - 03/15/11 08:35 PM

great i beleive all those holes on the back side of the fron brace is what i am missing? thanks again, i am calling amd and see if they have had anybody else has come across this?
© 2024 Moparts Forums