Moparts

Six pack RR info please.

Posted By: GRAYBO

Six pack RR info please. - 03/08/11 12:34 AM

Im looking at buying a 1970 V code road runner from ST. Louis. The quarter panel does not have the road runner emblem behind the dust trail. Is this an option or is this incorrect. Thanks John
Posted By: MI_Custumz

Re: Six pack RR info please. - 03/08/11 12:53 AM

The road runner bird should be towards the front of the front quarter panel and the dust trail from him to the rear quarter. The dust was optional, but I believe the bird was standard.
Posted By: Yancy Derringer

Re: Six pack RR info please. - 03/08/11 03:34 AM

Quote:

The road runner bird should be towards the front of the front quarter panel and the dust trail from him to the rear quarter. The dust was optional, but I believe the bird was standard.

To be clear, you mean the bird is towards the front of the front fender--where all RR birds were
Posted By: Airgrabber

Re: Six pack RR info please. - 03/08/11 04:31 AM

I think the OP may be refering to the road runner emblem (insignia) which is located behind the 1/4 scoop. If it is missing and there are no holes then the 1/4's may have been replaced or the holes bondoed up.
Posted By: Golden-Arm

Re: Six pack RR info please. - 03/08/11 04:32 AM

sounds like he means the "road runner" script, behind the quarter scoop. never saw a real one without it. (excepting superbirds)

Attached picture 6517383-70plymouthRoadRunneryellow.jpg
Posted By: 70runner

Re: Six pack RR info please. - 03/08/11 06:56 AM

likely a quarter panel replacement; even the NOS replacement quarters didn't have holes for the "road runner" script behind the scoop
Posted By: MI_Custumz

Re: Six pack RR info please. - 03/08/11 02:40 PM

Quote:

Quote:

To be clear, you mean the bird is towards the front of the front fender--where all RR birds were

Long day at work, was posting while the 5 year old was having a fit too..............it happens.
Posted By: hemi68charger

Re: Six pack RR info please. - 03/08/11 02:45 PM

Quote:

sounds like he means the "road runner" script, behind the quarter scoop. never saw a real one without it. (excepting superbirds)

Those dust trail graphics are way cool !!!
Posted By: meepmeep70

Re: Six pack RR info please. - 03/08/11 10:26 PM

so not to high jack,if one was looking for the road runner insignia to go behind scope,where one find a pair,would prefer stick then drilling holes,but don't know my options.thank you
© 2024 Moparts Forums