Moparts

upholstery quote..tell me what you think!

Posted By: 65coronet440

upholstery quote..tell me what you think! - 03/03/11 05:56 PM

I own a 1965 coronet with bench seats front and back. Since the car is all original I want to keep it as original as possible..I just got a quote to get my front seat and back seat reupholstered from a local shop. The shop has been around for quite some time so I know they have a good reputation. The quote was $800 to recover the seats in vinyl and fix the foam or $900 for vinyl with a cloth center piece.

Does this seem like a good deal?

Thanks for your input...
Posted By: demon

Re: upholstery quote..tell me what you think! - 03/03/11 06:00 PM

If you want it to look original buy Legendary Upholstery. Plus it will be cheaper.
Posted By: mikemee1331

Re: upholstery quote..tell me what you think! - 03/03/11 06:10 PM

he's talking installed with new foam. i think it's a little high but don't really know what quality you're getting.
Posted By: 79machocharger

Re: upholstery quote..tell me what you think! - 03/03/11 06:28 PM

That's not really that bad. I paid $400 to have this rear seat redone and that's with me supplying the NOS material which was an extra $160.00. They basicly had to make a new seat cover pattern out of the ripped up old one that was on it. I agree though if you can buy your seat covers at Legendary do it, it will save you money and it will probably look better.

Attached picture 6507896-5322201-DSCN2756.jpg
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: upholstery quote..tell me what you think! - 03/03/11 06:30 PM

I just had 2 A-100 seats, back seat done to match and the package tray. Keep in mind the A-100 seats were pretty far gone and he had to replace all the foam but the rear seat was really nice requiring only a cover.

I paid $1k out the door.

Attached picture 6507899-interiorIII.jpg
Posted By: joewhite440

Re: upholstery quote..tell me what you think! - 03/04/11 05:41 PM

I sent my 70 Challenger Bucket Frames to Legendary. It was $850 for new foam and covers installed. They did nice work. I think your price is fair as long as the shop has a good reputation!
Posted By: meepmeep70

Re: upholstery quote..tell me what you think! - 03/06/11 12:05 AM

do it yourself,buy from dante,i never did upolstery before,did my own,saved huge,not hard,just give yourself plenty of time,lots of tips here on the board also
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: upholstery quote..tell me what you think! - 03/10/11 12:50 AM

Installing the covers is so easy...I make my own covers.
Posted By: roadrunner7020

Re: upholstery quote..tell me what you think! - 03/10/11 03:38 PM

I had a set of high back later e body 73 buckets since my car didnt have front seats when i got it and my original 70 b body back seat upholstered. The shop built new foam ( extremely comfortable now) and there own vinyl covers which he told me he could make one very close to oem looking if I preferred, price out the door was 650 dollars I thought that was more then fair. I'll post pictures when I get home.
Posted By: rexus31

Re: upholstery quote..tell me what you think! - 03/13/11 04:39 PM

I was charged $800 to recover my buckets, rear bench and headrests. That was with me supplying the covers (Legendary).

© 2024 Moparts Forums