Moparts

mopar restoration batteries

Posted By: sbcjd

mopar restoration batteries - 03/01/11 05:29 AM

I need a yellow cap group 24 battery for my car. Who has the best price on restoration batteries?
Posted By: sbcjd

Re: mopar restoration batteries - 03/02/11 03:57 AM

Posted By: 70 buzz

Re: mopar restoration batteries - 03/02/11 04:00 AM

Mancini has them
Posted By: BTTG

Re: mopar restoration batteries - 03/02/11 12:52 PM

these seem to be one of those items that are the same price from all vendors. based on that shipping cost may be the deciding factor. summit sells them (at least the red top) and their shipping rates are generally good...not sure about mancini's rates, but you should get a discount there being a MOPARTS member
Posted By: FJ5_Fish

Re: mopar restoration batteries - 03/02/11 02:49 PM

Just make sure they are not the acid filled (if they still offer those)they are below crap. Get the gel, sealed battery.
Posted By: Dr V

Re: mopar restoration batteries - 03/02/11 03:06 PM

Quote:

Just make sure they are not the acid filled (if they still offer those)they are below crap. Get the gel, sealed battery.

Fish is right, I have both. The acid one is junk and needs a constant charge. The sealed one is top notch!
Posted By: AB&E

Re: mopar restoration batteries - 03/02/11 09:22 PM

these resto batteries are all junk IMO . buy a cover & be done buy the battery & you better have a real one in the trunk so you can start car after the show you will need it
Posted By: silverhemiboy

Re: mopar restoration batteries - 03/03/11 06:14 AM

I bought a group 27 gel battery from restoration battery in august. The price was 260 plus shipping. So far the battery has been fine with no problems. We will see how it goes after I get the hemi out of storage.
Posted By: 68Cbarge

Re: mopar restoration batteries - 03/03/11 06:16 AM

Quote:

these resto batteries are all junk IMO . buy a cover & be done buy the battery & you better have a real one in the trunk so you can start car after the show you will need it

Can you tell us who makes and/or sells the covers?
I would prefer to run my own battery and enjoy the look of a resto battery.
Thanks.
Posted By: 05dakota

Re: mopar restoration batteries - 03/03/11 05:38 PM

hey arent for a true show car.

Re: mopar restoration batteries - 03/03/11 08:59 PM

I believe I purchased from year one or paddock about 2 yrs ago. They look a little cheesy up close but at least car will start. The trick is to find a smooth sided battery & pull stickers off. I have a repop orig. $250.00 lasted about 1 winter. got a bad cell so will not take a charge. Looks good though sitting on my shelf. Some people will cut these up & use them like a cover. That would be my next step.
Posted By: wmwalden

Re: mopar restoration batteries - 03/03/11 09:46 PM

I used these guys. 240 bucks. I have been using the same battery since April 2007. No problems. I do not charge the battery at all. even after a month of sitting, it still starts. I melted one one of my caps. Showed the guys the cap at Carslile. They handed me a new one.

http://restorationbattery.com/chryslerproducts.html

Re: mopar restoration batteries - 03/03/11 10:10 PM

There is good & bad on everything . Especially here on moparts
Posted By: RareTA

Re: mopar restoration batteries - 03/03/11 10:32 PM

I took my Repo battery that went dead after a year old and just cut open the bottom and gutted it. Then I got a smaller sealed battery at a local farm store and put inside the repo one. Works great and when it goes bad I just get another $25 battery and replace it. I have had it this way for 5 years and I haven't needed to replace the inner battery yet.
Posted By: rayztoy

Re: mopar restoration batteries - 03/04/11 12:07 AM

Did you take any pics of the Repro battery after taking out the insides?

Re: mopar restoration batteries - 03/04/11 01:00 AM

Quote:

I took my Repo battery that went dead after a year old and just cut open the bottom and gutted it. Then I got a smaller sealed battery at a local farm store and put inside the repo one. Works great and when it goes bad I just get another $25 battery and replace it. I have had it this way for 5 years and I haven't needed to replace the inner battery yet.

I just can not get myself to cut it up because it looks so good dead on the shelf
Posted By: burdar

Re: mopar restoration batteries - 03/04/11 02:12 AM

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...&PHPSESSID=
Posted By: rayztoy

Re: mopar restoration batteries - 03/04/11 02:30 AM

Darren,
Thank you for the link!

Ray
Posted By: screamindriver

Re: mopar restoration batteries - 03/05/11 03:27 AM

I have a turbostart sealed red cap...Heading into season #6 on that one... link
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: mopar restoration batteries - 03/05/11 05:50 AM

My first red cap battery lasted 8 yrs.It wasn't a sealed battery you could add water,my next battery was a correct yellow cap sealed battery. It only lasted 2 1/2 years, Has anybody tired the new restro gel filled batterys
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: mopar restoration batteries - 03/05/11 05:52 AM

My first red cap battery lasted 8 yrs.It wasn't a sealed battery you could add water,my next battery was a correct yellow cap sealed battery. It only lasted 2 1/2 years, Has anybody tired the new restro gel filled battery
© 2024 Moparts Forums