Moparts

70 Cuda passenger mirror measurement

Posted By: N9671X2

70 Cuda passenger mirror measurement - 02/21/11 01:19 AM

Previous owner added an NOS chrome 71 mirror to the passenger door many years ago. Wondering if it is in close to the right spot, anyone able to measure from front of door to front screw? Thanks in advance!
Posted By: ricomondo

Re: 70 Cuda passenger mirror measurement - 02/21/11 04:09 AM

Paul, If im measuring right, I come up with 32 1/2 inches.
Thats measuring from where the belt line crease starts on the passenger side door, to the front leading edge of the first screw.
Posted By: AARCONV

Re: 70 Cuda passenger mirror measurement - 02/21/11 04:32 AM

i thought it should be the exactly like the left side

Re: 70 Cuda passenger mirror measurement - 02/21/11 01:43 PM

Quote:

i thought it should be the exactly like the left side

It may be, but I also thought I remember the passenger mirror was slightly forward compared to the drivers side?

Re: 70 Cuda passenger mirror measurement - 02/21/11 01:50 PM

OK, feel like an idiot, checked the tag and it is coded for passenger mirror. Since it had a 71 style on the passenger door I figured it was a drivers mirror only car. Just have to check now if screw spacing is the same on 70 vs 71.
Posted By: cataclysm80

Re: 70 Cuda passenger mirror measurement - 02/21/11 03:23 PM

Hello, I've compared several 1970 E body cars passenger vs. driver mirror location in the past. There is a little variation from car to car both with height on door and distance from front edge of door, but each car seems to be the same within 1/8th inch or so driver vs. passenger side. I concluded that the intent was that the both sides of the car be the same for mirror location. The only car where location is really critical is the Challenger TA becuase the stipe has cutouts for both the door handle and mirror. The 71 challenger Stripe may be similarly critical for mirror location, I only looked at 1970 cars during my study because I was working on a 70 TA clone.

On 70 vs 71 mirrors, the mounting points are the same distance apart on the mirror, even though the 71 base is longer. You shouldn't have any problems swapping between 70 or 71 mirrors.

Tav
© 2024 Moparts Forums