Moparts

68 Barracuda Rocker Panel (spear) molding clip ????

Posted By: Russ H.

68 Barracuda Rocker Panel (spear) molding clip ???? - 12/29/10 05:05 PM

I am looking for a picture of an original clip that was used to attach the rocker panel spear molding to a 68 Barracuda. I am assuming these are no longer available or reproduced. If so, what is being used in place of the original type clips?

Russ

Re: 68 Barracuda Rocker Panel (spear) molding clip ???? - 12/30/10 05:09 PM

Anyone?
Posted By: 68mannix

Re: 68 Barracuda Rocker Panel (spear) molding clip ???? - 12/30/10 05:35 PM

if its like the 69 dart gts spear they sell plastic repos that i couldnt get to work, so i went to local auto paint supply and bought some metal spring clips that work great.

Re: 68 Barracuda Rocker Panel (spear) molding clip ???? - 12/30/10 07:04 PM

Quote:

if its like the 69 dart gts spear they sell plastic repos that i couldnt get to work, so i went to local auto paint supply and bought some metal spring clips that work great.

Is the 69 Dart trim a thin spear, about 3/4 of an inch tall? I too, bought the plastic repro clips and do not think they will work. Also, can you post a picture of the metal spring clip??

Thank you,

Russ
Posted By: 68mannix

Re: 68 Barracuda Rocker Panel (spear) molding clip ???? - 12/31/10 07:12 AM

the dart ones are about 3/4 wide,ill have to look for a clip to take a picture off,those cheap plastic repos are long enough to snap into the rocker.
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: 68 Barracuda Rocker Panel (spear) molding clip ???? - 12/31/10 09:02 AM

I just went in the garage and measured for you. I have the original spears on my 68 Cuda and have a set of primo used spears I got at last Fall Fling that I have started sanding and polishing allready.

The O.D. measure:

Dart Rocker Spear: 0.74"

68 Barracuda Rocker Spear: 0.82"

Attached picture 6387430-DartVSCudaRockerSpearWidth2.JPG

Re: 68 Barracuda Rocker Panel (spear) molding clip ???? - 12/31/10 04:36 PM

Autoxcuda,

Thank you for the measurement. It would be much appreciated if you would measure the inside channel where the clips sit. (I don't presently have access to mine, they were sent out for re-finishing.

Thank you,

Russ
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: 68 Barracuda Rocker Panel (spear) molding clip ???? - 12/31/10 06:02 PM

Quote:

Autoxcuda,

Thank you for the measurement. It would be much appreciated if you would measure the inside channel where the clips sit. (I don't presently have access to mine, they were sent out for re-finishing.

Thank you,

Russ

My cuda spears on installed on the car. Do you want the Dart measurement?

Re: 68 Barracuda Rocker Panel (spear) molding clip ???? - 12/31/10 07:49 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Autoxcuda,

Thank you,

Russ

My cuda spears on installed on the car. Do you want the Dart measurement?

No, but thank you for the offer, I appreciate your help.

Russ
Posted By: ParadiseCuda

Re: 68 Barracuda Rocker Panel (spear) molding clip ???? - 12/31/10 10:39 PM

I made a couple fo pictures of the clip that I took off of my 68 FB spears.

© 2024 Moparts Forums