Moparts

Hemi shaker base plate feet?

Posted By: sbcjd

Hemi shaker base plate feet? - 09/03/08 11:12 PM

Does anyone have a picture of the bottom of a Hemi shaker base plate showing the position of the tabs that are spot welded on for the feet?
Posted By: mopar mike

Re: Hemi shaker base plate feet? - 09/04/08 02:37 PM

Re: Hemi shaker base plate feet? - 09/04/08 05:21 PM

Thanks for the bump. I am not asking someone to disassemble their shaker hood- that is a lot of work- maybe someone has a factory drawing or has a picture of their restoration. Are there any indentations or markings on the base plate to show where the tabs are spot welded? Thank you for any assistance.
Posted By: UCUDANT

Re: Hemi shaker base plate feet? - 09/04/08 05:23 PM

PM Scott Smith, bet he'll have a pic.
Posted By: Morty426

Re: Hemi shaker base plate feet? - 09/04/08 06:51 PM

I would check with Scott, but IIRC if you don't have the legs it may because you have a later base. The later bases have a different size stud. Just FYI
Posted By: mccannix

Re: Hemi shaker base plate feet? - 09/04/08 07:10 PM

This was copied from a factory print.
May seem a bit crude but it shows the location you are looking for on a Hemi base, same location on opposite side.
440- 6 pak shaker base has the brackets in the same location.
Feet brackets were sceduled to be discontinued mid 71 on 440-6 pak bases...later on Hemi bases near the end of production run.
Stud thread size is the same on all bases except the head diameter is smaller on studs used later in production.

Attached picture 4663591-logan1.JPG

Re: Hemi shaker base plate feet? - 09/04/08 07:19 PM

Terry,
thanks for the drawing. I will go mark my base plate now. Is the other side bracket in the same location?
Posted By: mccannix

Re: Hemi shaker base plate feet? - 09/04/08 07:20 PM

Jack
Yes same location on the opposite side..
© 2024 Moparts Forums