Moparts

Seat Belt Restoration

Posted By: LuvEBodies

Seat Belt Restoration - 11/06/10 04:21 PM

Looking for some opinions on seat belt restoration. I have a set of green seat belts from my 71 challenger that I need redone. The biggest problem with mine are the plastic covers on the buckles need replaced. Do they reproduce these in green? Has anybody bought the reproduction 71-72 seat belts from PG Classic, if they have how exact are they.

Thanks
Posted By: Firepowerflyer

Re: Seat Belt Restoration - 11/06/10 04:29 PM

Contact 69440 on this board his name is Bill Edwards and he restores seatbelts he has nos material and date labels.His pricing is very reasonable I thought.I bought a set for my 69 GTX and was very happy with them.
Joe
Posted By: SixPackRT

Re: Seat Belt Restoration - 11/06/10 05:05 PM

, Bill is the the choice of many if not all on this board when it comes to seat belts.

Scott

Re: Seat Belt Restoration - 11/06/10 05:09 PM

I sent him an e-mail a few days ago, have not heard back from him yet. sounds like I'm heading in the right direction.

Thanks
Posted By: LYNCHROAD69.5

Re: Seat Belt Restoration - 11/07/10 02:25 AM

Quote:

I sent him an e-mail a few days ago, have not heard back from him yet.

Same here...sent him an email then PM...nothing....I hope he's ok!
Posted By: Mastershake340

Re: Seat Belt Restoration - 11/07/10 05:15 AM

I recently bought a set of '71 black seatbelts from BE&A for my Challenger, other than not coming with the labels or the rubber boots that go on the front ones, I think they look to be perfect!
Posted By: superwrench

Re: Seat Belt Restoration - 11/07/10 05:39 AM

He had some belts for sale in the B Body Parts section last week. Must still be around!
And.....you won't go wrong with his stuff!!!
Posted By: rayztoy

Re: Seat Belt Restoration - 11/07/10 02:31 PM

Quote:

, Bill is the the choice of many if not all on this board when it comes to seat belts.

Posted By: rexus31

Re: Seat Belt Restoration - 11/07/10 03:32 PM

I've used Ssnake Oyl twice with great results.

www.ssnake-oyl.com
Posted By: Troy

Re: Seat Belt Restoration - 11/07/10 10:42 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Re: Seat Belt Restoration - 11/08/10 12:32 AM

Does he have a web page or phone number. I would really like to talk to him.
Posted By: Firepowerflyer

Re: Seat Belt Restoration - 11/08/10 02:12 AM

931-680-1167 shop, 253-230-7169 cell He always answered when I called,maybe he's been gone for a few days.
joe
Posted By: pnypwr

Re: Seat Belt Restoration - 11/08/10 02:14 AM

ive been dealing with bill on a sixpack setup I bought that ups then proceeded to destroy...but I havnt heard from him in a few days either...

Re: Seat Belt Restoration - 11/08/10 07:19 AM

Quote:

931-680-1167 shop, 253-230-7169 cell He always answered when I called,maybe he's been gone for a few days.
joe

Thanks

Re: Seat Belt Restoration - 11/08/10 04:40 PM

Quote:

joe

First number is no longer in service and the second one I get voice mail for a lady named Marina
Posted By: N9671X2

Re: Seat Belt Restoration - 11/08/10 05:05 PM

E mailed with Bill about 2 weeks back, he is in the middle of a move to WA state.

My wife and I are gettin ready to relocate to Washington state, so keep my e-mail address as it will stay the same, as will my cell number, 931-703-5574, for a short while. Our new address is 15009 Canyou Rd. East, Puyallup, Wa. 98373. We'll talk real soon, Bill

Very good guy, got belts from him for my 70 Bee and had the pleasure of meeting him at Carlisle

Re: Seat Belt Restoration - 11/08/10 05:30 PM

Got a hold of him with this cell number thank you. Couple mistakes on his new address, its Canyon Rd. and his zip is 78375. Sounds like a really nice guy and his price is reasonable.

Thanks again guys.

Quote:

E mailed with Bill about 2 weeks back, he is in the middle of a move to WA state.

My wife and I are gettin ready to relocate to Washington state, so keep my e-mail address as it will stay the same, as will my cell number, 931-703-5574, for a short while. Our new address is 15009 Canyou Rd. East, Puyallup, Wa. 98373. We'll talk real soon, Bill

Very good guy, got belts from him for my 70 Bee and had the pleasure of meeting him at Carlisle

Posted By: joewhite440

Re: Seat Belt Restoration - 11/08/10 10:47 PM

I got my set off Bill for my 70 Challenger last month. Great complete set all covers , bolts, Retractor covers etc and correct looking date tags. Very good to deal with.
Posted By: robertop

Re: Seat Belt Restoration - 11/10/10 02:34 AM

Bill has recently moved from Shelbyville, TN to Puyallup, Washington. Give him a little time to settle in and I'm sure he will respond.OK?
Posted By: 71rm23

Re: Seat Belt Restoration - 11/10/10 04:54 AM

Quote:

Bill has recently moved from Shelbyville, TN to Puyallup, Washington. Give him a little time to settle in and I'm sure he will respond.OK?

Boy, now thats a haul. If anyone moves that far, Hope its for the best
Posted By: m46rat

Re: Seat Belt Restoration - 11/10/10 04:08 PM

Quote:

I got my set off Bill for my 70 Challenger last month. Great complete set all covers , bolts, Retractor covers etc and correct looking date tags. Very good to deal with.

Can you post a few pictures of the belts, chrome ends, etc, that he did for you?
Posted By: hemi70se

Re: Seat Belt Restoration - 11/11/10 07:51 PM

If you want your belts restored "dead nuts" correct go with "Sharon's Web" in TX ( she used to work for Snake Oyl). I had her do a set of American Safety belts and there were truly top notch. Even the tags were right on the money. The tags ECS make are only for Pontenier brand belts which have a different style to them. Sharon replates EVERYTHING including the chrome! I don't believe Bill's service does this and that is why he is cheaper.
Posted By: LimeliteAero

Re: Seat Belt Restoration - 11/12/10 03:22 PM

Quote:

If you want your belts restored "dead nuts" correct go with "Sharon's Web" in TX ( she used to work for Snake Oyl). I had her do a set of American Safety belts and there were truly top notch. Even the tags were right on the money. The tags ECS make are only for Pontenier brand belts which have a different style to them. Sharon replates EVERYTHING including the chrome! I don't believe Bill's service does this and that is why he is cheaper.

Ill take the credit for Snake-Oyl offering the tag service. When I sent my belts to them many years ago I also sent some new tags I had made at a graphics joint who I supplied with some very similar material to original. not long after *BAM* there they are offering the service of reproduction tags on their new belts.
Posted By: joewhite440

Re: Seat Belt Restoration - 11/12/10 04:50 PM

I already installed them in my car. Bill will send you pictures I am sure if you contact him! My Garage is sorta dark and would be hard to get you good pictures.

Sorry!
Posted By: mopars_1

Re: Seat Belt Restoration - 11/12/10 05:19 PM

Quote:

ive been dealing with bill on a sixpack setup I bought that ups then proceeded to destroy...but I havnt heard from him in a few days either...

lol wouldn't be a set of A12 carbs would it? I got a set of seat belts from Bill and also had a few restored for my other car and they turned out gorgeous. Im scared to used them haha.
Posted By: ECS

Re: Seat Belt Restoration - 11/12/10 06:25 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Ill take the credit for Snake-Oyl offering the tag service. When I sent my belts to them many years ago I also sent some new tags I had made at a graphics joint who I supplied with some very similar material to original. not long after *BAM* there they are offering the service of reproduction tags on their new belts.

Very good information to know and pass along. I am almost positive that I am the only company in the World licensed to manufacture and distribute these labels. It took me the better part of 14 months (and a few grand) to be able to offer these items to the Market. The legalities were a mess to work out! Chrysler mandates every detail that I have to comply with in order to offer these to the industry. Nice to see that some of you are freewheeling and having such a good old time manufacturing this proprietary product.

For the record, ECS LEGALLY manufactures both styles of labels! I also guarantee that what is being "bootlegged" by a few of you is NOT the correct material that was used by Chrysler.

Re: Seat Belt Restoration - 11/12/10 11:23 PM

Quote:

.....I am almost positive that I am the only company in the World licensed to manufacture and distribute these labels.....

Yep....I was right about that one. I hope the "bootleggers" enjoy the fallout.

Re: Seat Belt Restoration - 11/13/10 02:05 AM

Dave: Can you post a picture or two of the labels used on the American Safety belts? I did not know that you made them as well. They are a very different pattern than the Pontonier ones that are more commom, and are the ones most commonly 'bootlegged' as you referred to.
Here is one that I need:

Do you know its application??

Attached picture 6298882-C15stuff005.jpg
Posted By: hemi70se

Re: Seat Belt Restoration - 11/13/10 02:39 AM

Dave,
Did you just start making the American Safety labels? When I inquired about labels 1 1/2 years ago, you only offered the Pontenier ones. Every car I've worked on in the last 10 years has had the AS belts, so that is where my interest is. I'd like to see pics too.

Re: Seat Belt Restoration - 11/13/10 05:22 AM

We have been making those as long as (if not longer than) the Pontonier style. We don't "push" or advertise that version because there are so many possible dates that could result from just one part number. Over the past few years we have built a pretty good inventory of MANY of the American Standard labels. I will get some pictures posted here first thing Monday morning of the different styles we manufacture.

Sorry for the earlier posts where I vented and criticized the "bootleggers." ALL of the people that were mentioned earlier has bought these from us just so they can copy our fonts and shortcut the research. The funny thing about it is that they STILL can't do the labels correctly even when they try to ILLEGALLY reproduce our licensed designs.

I also want to comment that Dwight Rindt, aka m46rat, drove to my home (all the way from Canada) a couple of times and helped ECS to start manufacturing the labels that we carry today. He was kind enough to share the research that he had accumulated and point us in the right direction with regards to this product line. From there we worked with Chrysler to become their exclusive licensed manufacturer. Dwight is certainly an expert as it relates to this area of the hobby. Thanks again Mr. Rindt!! (I think I have the label you posted/pictured. I will let you know on Monday.)
Posted By: Snoopy

Re: Seat Belt Restoration - 11/13/10 06:14 AM

Quote:

Here is one that I need:

BELT, Rear Seat Lap, Deluxe w/Push Button Buckle
Label No. 3508581
70 Blue B,J - 4786 FB7
70 Green B,J - 4786 FF8
70 Black B,J - 4786 FX9
70 Tan B,J - 4786 FT4
70 Red B,J - 4786 FE5
70 Orange B,J - 4786 FK5
Posted By: 69440

Re: Seat Belt Restoration - 11/13/10 02:52 PM

Well, here's the story. I have 7 brothers and sisters, and as it turns out, none of them can seem to be bothered with helping in the care of my ailing mother. She's now in her 80's, recently broke her back, and requires assistance, so I was able to sell my home in Tennessee and sucessfully made the move here to Washington state, to be available to my mother whenever she needs me. It's a no brainer. It's what sons do. Please let me list my new contact information, and I'd like to thank those that posted my new information. We're back up and runnin, and look forward to helping with your seat belt needs in the future.
Bill Edwards
15009 Canyon Rd. E.
Puyallup, Wa. 98375
253-507-8464
931-703-5574 cell
Please feel free to give me a call and I'd be very happy to explain the entire process, and exactly why I choose not to have the chrome parts replated. Many thanks to all, Bill

Re: Seat Belt Restoration - 11/14/10 01:50 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Here is one that I need:

BELT, Rear Seat Lap, Deluxe w/Push Button Buckle
Label No. 3508581
70 Blue B,J - 4786 FB7
70 Green B,J - 4786 FF8
70 Black B,J - 4786 FX9
70 Tan B,J - 4786 FT4
70 Red B,J - 4786 FE5
70 Orange B,J - 4786 FK5

Earl you are correct, I'm not surprised really. Have you or anyone else ever seen an L.A. made 70 E Body with these belts? I have never seen one. Here is a picture of what the anchor end of these belts look like. There seems to have been some issue about this in the past.

Attached picture 6300489-C15stuff007.jpg

Re: Seat Belt Restoration - 11/15/10 05:41 PM

Quote:

Dave,
Did you just start making the American Safety labels?

No. We have had them for some time now! Here are a few samples that we have been manufacturing. We are able to make ANY label or number that was produced through Chrysler. I included a Pontonier example in the bottom right hand corner of the picture just to contrast the different styles!

Re: Seat Belt Restoration - 11/15/10 06:22 PM

Quote:

Contact 69440 on this board his name is Bill Edwards and he restores seatbelts he has nos material and date labels.His pricing is very reasonable I thought.I bought a set for my 69 GTX and was very happy with them.
Joe

As a manufacturer and parts supplier for the hobby, I felt I was obligated to show the work of this person rather than just offer a "typed opinion". This is in no way trying to bash anyone. It is completely factual and I didn't think that he would be upset with his product being showcased! Shouldn't we all be proud of what we do for the industry?!? Keep in mind that the ORIGINALS were sent as a format to use for a pattern. I did not get those samples back because they apparently were "lost" in the ordeal. Below are the pictures that show what I received. The originals (I did keep the "sister" or opposite side belts) are next to the "same" reproduction belt that was made. Notice the incorrect lengths, the incorrect stitching patterns, the incorrect overlaps and how the labels were incorrectly stitched on the opposite ends of their correct location. The "NOS material" was actually no different than the replacement material that can be purchased anywhere. The label was made by my company and forwarded to be attached to the belt.

Re: Seat Belt Restoration - 11/15/10 09:48 PM

Original 70 Cuda vs Ssnake-Oyl seatbelts.

Attached picture 6303115-ShoulderBeltOEMvsSnake-Oyl.jpg

Re: Seat Belt Restoration - 11/15/10 09:48 PM

Original 70 Cuda vs Ssnake-Oyl

Attached picture 6303116-ShoulderBeltOEMvsSnake-Oy2l.jpg

Re: Seat Belt Restoration - 11/15/10 11:00 PM

Here are the ones that Ssnake-Oyl did/fixed for my Challenger. (Original sample comparison in the first picture.) Correct stitching, correct "flap" cut lengths and correct placement of the labels! Also notice how straight the cuts are that are located along the width of the webbing. Just like the original examples!

Re: Seat Belt Restoration - 11/16/10 01:39 AM

Dave,
Did you have to request that it be done to your specs?
I had to send mine back for rework and they still got it wrong.

Re: Seat Belt Restoration - 11/16/10 03:32 AM

Quote:

Dave,
Did you have to request that it be done to your specs?
I had to send mine back for rework and they still got it wrong.

I always tell them exactly how I want them done. My Cuda deluxe seat-belts were also restored by Ssnake-Oyl. They too turned out Fantastic. The Valiant seat-belts were original and in pristine condition after I detailed and cleaned them. They did not need to be restored.

You probably wondering why I changed vendors for a brief period of time. It is a long (gullible on my part) story! It is best to just say........lessons learned in pain are seldom forgotten!
© 2024 Moparts Forums