Moparts

front suspension colors

Posted By: little buddy

front suspension colors - 11/03/10 03:17 AM

woundering what colors strut rods spindle an lower control arm are on a 1971 charger superbee thanks bill
Posted By: anlauto

Re: front suspension colors - 11/03/10 11:56 AM

None of those parts were ever painted from the factory.

If you want to paint them you should use colours that best represent their natural finish.

Colours like "stainless steel" "cast grey" etc....

The worst thing to do is paint everything the same shade of grey, or black like some people do....MIX IT UP...the three parts you mentioned should be three different shades of grey
Posted By: rayztoy

Re: front suspension colors - 11/03/10 10:38 PM

Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: front suspension colors - 11/03/10 11:44 PM

Quote:

woundering what colors strut rods spindle an lower control arm are on a 1971 charger superbee thanks bill

Where are the pics of this resto? We like pics here.
Posted By: anlauto

Re: front suspension colors - 11/04/10 12:05 AM

I did this one about 5 years ago. There's probably three shades of silver/grey and 3 shades of black at least. Nowadays I do the upper control arms in a natural silver not black.

AGAIN : None of this is correct at all... From the factory most of the suspension and steering parts were NOT painted.

Attached picture 6283670-Cuda073.jpg
Posted By: 71rm23

Re: front suspension colors - 11/04/10 12:25 AM

Quote:

I did this one about 5 years ago. There's probably three shades of silver/grey and 3 shades of black at least. Nowadays I do the upper control arms in a natural silver not black.

AGAIN : None of this is correct at all... From the factory most of the suspension and steering parts were NOT painted.

We all know its what the owner wantsd does with his car. Your right Alan, not correct but IMOP, I like what you did to the parts, looks good.
Posted By: Fab64

Re: front suspension colors - 11/10/10 06:46 AM

Quote:

Alan, if it's not too much trouble, could you tell us which colors you used, and on which parts? I'm getting ready to do my Coronet front suspension, and I'd like to try to duplicate yours. Thanks.

Roger
© 2024 Moparts Forums