Moparts

1973 Roadrunner Stripes

Posted By: 2ndopp

1973 Roadrunner Stripes - 08/30/10 02:11 AM

I've decided to take the time and paint on the roof and side stripe myself. The only problem is I'm having a hell of a time finding measurements and specs for placement. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted By: 71rm23

Re: 1973 Roadrunner Stripes - 08/30/10 03:26 AM

Dont have the specs. Hopefully someone here can help ya out. If not, check out: www.roadrunnernest.com

Good luck
Posted By: ChallengerGary

Re: 1973 Roadrunner Stripes - 08/30/10 01:44 PM

Any particular reason you want to paint them on? The measurements are not that simple. It varies in width all over the place. Are you doing a custom color or something? If it is the cost - I only charge $75 for the side and roof stripe kit. I could save you a bunch of time by making you a stencil kit...That will tun a little more $$ due to the fact that the material required for a stencil kit is about double.
Posted By: Ron_M

Re: 1973 Roadrunner Stripes - 08/31/10 12:26 AM

FWIW I used the stripe kit from Performance Car Graphics and it wasn't a bad job at all. Doors, Fenders, c pillar, roof.
Posted By: QuickBpBp

Re: 1973 Roadrunner Stripes - 08/31/10 12:59 AM

Quote:

I've decided to take the time and paint on the roof and side stripe myself. The only problem is I'm having a hell of a time finding measurements and specs for placement. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IMO a big waste of time,money and more than likely they will not turn out as well as a stripe kit would...Also if you ever need to repair a panel it will not be a nightmare....

Re: 1973 Roadrunner Stripes - 09/06/10 10:01 AM

So many of you recommend not painting it on? i was under the impression it would last longer/better this way...

Tell me more about this $75 kit

Re: 1973 Roadrunner Stripes - 09/06/10 04:10 PM

My kits are available in matte black, gloss black, white and red for $75 incl shipping within the USA. Includes fenders, doors, and qtr/roof stripes. I can make them with or w/o the "road runner" lettering cut into the b-pillars.

I accept Pay Pal or USPS Money Orders for Payment - if you want to make sure I am legit etc - start a thread asking about my stripes or you can check out my ebay feedback. User Name - challengergary
Posted By: Daty Rogers

Re: 1973 Roadrunner Stripes - 09/06/10 09:30 PM

Quote:

My kits are available in matte black, gloss black, white and red for $75 incl shipping within the USA. Includes fenders, doors, and qtr/roof stripes. I can make them with or w/o the "road runner" lettering cut into the b-pillars.

I accept Pay Pal or USPS Money Orders for Payment - if you want to make sure I am legit etc - start a thread asking about my stripes or you can check out my ebay feedback. User Name - challengergary

Gary is great, he did 70 R/T stipes on my 010 B5 Classic Challenger, looks great!

-Daty
Posted By: RareTA

Re: 1973 Roadrunner Stripes - 09/07/10 06:33 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Gary is great, he did 70 R/T stipes on my 010 B5 Classic Challenger, looks great!

-Daty

X10
Did mine also.
Great to deal with!!!

Attached picture 6182730-DSC00115(Medium).JPG

Re: 1973 Roadrunner Stripes - 09/08/10 02:02 AM

Beautiful, I think I may be ordering a set from you. Just curious, would you be able to do a custom symbol in place of the roadrunner?

Like this:

Re: 1973 Roadrunner Stripes - 09/08/10 02:45 AM

Sure - email or PM me

Re: 1973 Roadrunner Stripes - 09/10/10 09:44 AM

I've decided i need to get my car painted before i apply the stripes. Do you guys still advise against having the stripes painted on if a professional is doing it?

p.s. anyone want to donate money to my project

Posted By: ramrod

Re: 1973 Roadrunner Stripes - 09/10/10 07:39 PM

My first car was a '73 Road Runner. Those cars look AWFUL when the stripe isn't right. You can spot an "improvised" stripe a mile away. If you HAVE to have a painted stripe, get the stencils offered above, (basically a negative image of the stripe) have the stripe painted directly on the base of a BC/CC system and then have the whole thing buried in clear.
© 2024 Moparts Forums