Moparts

Trunk Harness Outer Wrap

Posted By: rayztoy

Trunk Harness Outer Wrap - 07/21/10 11:47 PM

Hello Guys,
What are you guys using to wrap the trunk harness wiring these days thats close to original? Thanks.

Ray

Attached picture 6098201-AB_1970AAR_Cuda_WM90.jpg
Posted By: polara426

Re: Trunk Harness Outer Wrap - 07/22/10 01:27 AM

What year car picture looks like friction tape should work ealy cars had clothe wrap that evan,s wiring harness restored for me great job

Re: Trunk Harness Outer Wrap - 07/22/10 01:35 AM

A 1970 Cuda. Here's a closeup of the outer wrapper.

Attached picture 6098416-4444202-DSCN0012.jpg
Posted By: Snoopy

Re: Trunk Harness Outer Wrap - 07/22/10 03:06 AM

Your only option is to buy a new one from Year One.

Re: Trunk Harness Outer Wrap - 07/22/10 12:21 PM

Thank you Snoopy. Do you know if M&H wraps the harnesses themselves or sends them out for wrapping?

Ray
Posted By: RoadRunner

Re: Trunk Harness Outer Wrap - 07/22/10 02:00 PM

Here is a trick I used. The wrap was in excellent shape between the wheel well and the front connector. I slid it down towards the rear of the harness to replace the disintrated section and used the non stick wrap for the section you don't see.
Posted By: Snoopy

Re: Trunk Harness Outer Wrap - 07/22/10 04:58 PM

Quote:

Thank you Snoopy. Do you know if M&H wraps the harnesses themselves or sends them out for wrapping?

Ray

I don't know if they do it in house or send it out. I seem to remember hearing that they send it out.
Give Tom (M&H) a call and see if he can restore your harness or point you in the right direction?
(562)926-9562
Posted By: 70440+6bbl

Re: Trunk Harness Outer Wrap - 07/22/10 06:11 PM

Didn't Moparts member BeepBeep (Joe A) offer that service using the correct paper material?

Re: Trunk Harness Outer Wrap - 07/25/10 09:19 PM

Posted By: screamindriver

Re: Trunk Harness Outer Wrap - 07/26/10 09:44 PM

Quote:

Didn't Moparts member BeepBeep (Joe A) offer that service using the correct paper material?

Yes, but he did state it might not be cost effective if the harness itself was in a degraded condition so I'm assumed it was'nt a cheap alternative to just buying the new harness...

Re: Trunk Harness Outer Wrap - 07/26/10 10:06 PM

Colin,
Do you know of a wrap that is simiar to the original? Does the repro YO harness have the correct wrap?
Ray
Posted By: Paul

Re: Trunk Harness Outer Wrap - 07/27/10 01:27 PM

Quote:

Here is a trick I used. The wrap was in excellent shape between the wheel well and the front connector. I slid it down towards the rear of the harness to replace the disintrated section and used the non stick wrap for the section you don't see.

I've done the same as well, it's a cheap and easy way to make your old harness look new again.

Re: Trunk Harness Outer Wrap - 07/27/10 06:10 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I've done the same as well, it's a cheap and easy way to make your old harness look new again.

What if you don't have any wrap under the carpet?
Posted By: screamindriver

Re: Trunk Harness Outer Wrap - 07/29/10 12:18 AM

Quote:

Colin,
Do you know of a wrap that is simiar to the original? Does the repro YO harness have the correct wrap?
Ray

Hi Ray...The M&H [Y-1] does have the paper braid wrap around the harness{And ECS carries the harness tags}...That would be the easy way out for the most convincing end product...There really is'nt anything available {aftermarket} that matches the correct wrap for your harness....So other choices are a good original or slide the wrap as suggested....Heck, I've damaged some paper braid wrap just trying to clean it so be careful if you go that route...
© 2024 Moparts Forums