Moparts

R/T emblems on 71 Challenger

Posted By: Bob's71R/T

R/T emblems on 71 Challenger - 04/02/10 12:44 PM

mine has one in the grill right side,and on both front fenders right under Challenger is this correct? Thanks Moparts
Posted By: 05dakota

Re: R/T emblems on 71 Challenger - 04/02/10 02:56 PM

does it have side strips?

Re: R/T emblems on 71 Challenger - 04/02/10 05:28 PM

yes black with R/T on the quarters the Challenger emblem on the front fenders are below the body line
Posted By: burdar

Re: R/T emblems on 71 Challenger - 04/02/10 05:37 PM

There was a big thread a short time ago that discussed if cars with R/T stripes were supposed to get R/T emblems. Some said that if the car had the stripes that NO emblems were installed.

Maybe you can search for that thread. There were some good pictures in there if I'm remembering correctly.
Posted By: Ludington1

Re: R/T emblems on 71 Challenger - 04/02/10 06:32 PM

No R/T emblem in the grille for sure, just "DODGE" on a 71. I believe also with a stripe, no R/T on the fenders, but I don't know 100%.

Darren
Posted By: chargervert

Re: R/T emblems on 71 Challenger - 04/02/10 06:37 PM

Quote:

yes black with R/T on the quarters the Challenger emblem on the front fenders are below the body line

The car has stripes on it,but did it come with them from the factory,or did someone put them on it. There should be a code for the stripes on the fender tag if it came with them from the factory. My guess is that either someone added the stripes,or if the car came with stripes,then someone added the R/T emblems. How many times does the car need to say R/T on the same side of the car?
Posted By: HPMike

Re: R/T emblems on 71 Challenger - 04/02/10 06:45 PM

Attached picture 5903446-dogdish71_001_Medium.jpg
Posted By: KillerBee

Re: R/T emblems on 71 Challenger - 04/02/10 07:44 PM

Attached picture 5903537-4692340-RTslowly.jpg

Re: R/T emblems on 71 Challenger - 04/02/10 07:48 PM

I love the pics guys and thank you very much for the advice and threads Mopar people are the best and Moparts.Hot Rod Bob
Posted By: KillerBee

Re: R/T emblems on 71 Challenger - 04/02/10 08:20 PM

VERY NICE!

Did all stripe delete 71 R/T Challengers also come without the flip open fuel door?

Attached picture 5903616-71challengers.jpg
Posted By: hemicar1971

Re: R/T emblems on 71 Challenger - 04/03/10 12:16 AM

This is what I believe from all I have seen and heard since 1971. Chrysler intended to put the R/T Badge with the Challenger badge on the fender if stripes were deleted on the 1971 Challenger. Now if you ordered the stripe Chrysler would not put on the R/T badge on the fender and just use the R/T decal at the end of the stripe. Now we all know that sometimes things get screwed up at the factory and with the change over of personal during the Year, Month or even day via the relief man taking over for 15 minutes during the relief each day that one of these people could of put on R/T badges on a Challenger that got the stripe. I do not know what went on first the Stipes or the Badges. I bet if someone put badges on one side and it made it down to inspection and repair with no R/T badges on the other side,that instead of ripping off an R/T badge on one side, they would just put a badge on the other side not affecting paint one bit for another repair. It would be easier just to add a badge to the car and just ship it to the dealer than to send it over to repair to have them take a badge off and maybe have to fix a paint repair.

1971 Challenger best E Body on the planet.
Posted By: anlauto

Re: R/T emblems on 71 Challenger - 04/03/10 01:02 AM

In 1971 there was no grill or tail panel R/T emblems, only on the sides as mentioned. There was Dodge emblems on the front and back.
Posted By: kidmopar

Re: R/T emblems on 71 Challenger - 04/03/10 02:49 AM

Quote:

In 1971 there was no grill or tail panel R/T emblems, only on the sides as mentioned. There was Dodge emblems on the front and back.

The "DODGE" emblem was on lower r/s corner of trunk lid & grille . "CHALLENGER" on rear panel. Mine has R/T stripe & regular gas cap. "Flip" cap an option? SBD: 9/30/70. My
Posted By: anlauto

Re: R/T emblems on 71 Challenger - 04/03/10 12:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

The "DODGE" emblem was on lower r/s corner of trunk lid & grille . "CHALLENGER" on rear panel. Mine has R/T stripe & regular gas cap. "Flip" cap an option? SBD: 9/30/70. My

Yes you're correct, I'm wrong I forgot about the Challenger emblem between the tail lights. I was thinking of the Dodge trunk emblem that most people leave off.
Posted By: G-Money1320

Re: R/T emblems on 71 Challenger - 04/03/10 04:53 PM

I parted out a 71 R/T many years ago that had no stripe, flip top gas cap and it had the R/T badges on each front fender with a Challenger badge just above those. Dodge on the trunk lid and grill. Stupid me cause it was an A78 formal roof package car with a 383 auto
Posted By: P1970HeMICuDA

Re: R/T emblems on 71 Challenger - 04/04/10 01:44 PM

Quote:

VERY NICE!

Did all stripe delete 71 R/T Challengers also come without the flip open fuel door?

I'd like to see a better pic of those R/T emblems - looks like they're in the wrong spot below the Challenger emblem?

Re: R/T emblems on 71 Challenger - 04/04/10 02:12 PM

Quote:

Quote:

VERY NICE!

I'd like to see a better pic of those R/T emblems - looks like they're in the wrong spot below the Challenger emblem?

Take a look at this FACTORY engineering drawing. That should clear up any concern you have about the placement of the emblems.

Attached File

Re: R/T emblems on 71 Challenger - 04/04/10 02:15 PM

I tried to attach the document in the last post, but failed. It's in this thread. Check it out...
https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...rue#Post5801216
Posted By: jeff968

Re: R/T emblems on 71 Challenger - 04/05/10 09:08 PM

Quote:

mine has one in the grill right side,

Now that's a first. I'm in the "71 Challenger R/Ts don't have emblems, period" camp and now we hear of a 71 R/T grill emblem!!! Whoever owned your car previously must have really liked R/T emblems!!
Posted By: Morty426

Re: R/T emblems on 71 Challenger - 04/05/10 11:11 PM

Quote:

VERY NICE!

My stripe delete 71 has the normal cap - but lets not base anything on a sample size of two
Posted By: boston

Re: R/T emblems on 71 Challenger - 04/06/10 12:22 AM

I have a original 71 r/t stripe delete that my brother bought new, has r/t emblems on front fenders, just dodge on grill, and flip top (locking) gas cap was an option. Still has all original paint.

Re: R/T emblems on 71 Challenger - 04/06/10 12:29 AM

Quote:

I have a original 71 r/t stripe delete that my brother bought new, has r/t emblems on front fenders, just dodge on grill, and flip top (locking) gas cap was an option. Still has all original paint.

An original paint, stripe delete car with R/T fender emblems?? No way!

Just kidding. I have been saying this all along, and have my own car and others along with factory dsumentation to prove it, but there are some that don't believe. They have some legit arguments, but it is my OPINION that the cars that had no stripes got the fender emblems.

Love to see some pics of that Challenger.
Posted By: boston

Re: R/T emblems on 71 Challenger - 04/06/10 12:43 AM

HPMike
Car is in "OK" condition, not great, not too bad, could use a resto. I will post pics soon. I can post close ups of the emblems, grill and tail panel.
Would love to see more of your bronze challenger..that looks sweet!!!
© 2024 Moparts Forums