Moparts

Looking for photos and info on V7W pinstripe

Posted By: 69ragtop

Looking for photos and info on V7W pinstripe - 01/20/10 06:24 PM

I have asked in the past but haven't gotten much useful info. We're close to putting the stripe on my RR Vert and could really use a few photos or just info on what a factory '69 V7W pinstripe should look like. Main questions are is it a single or double pinstripe and how far below the body line should it be, what do the two ends look like and how far forward and rearward does it go? Any photos or answers would be most appreciated.
Posted By: WannaRunner

Re: Looking for photos and info on V7W pinstripe - 01/20/10 06:59 PM

I have a '69 hardtop, its T3 Bronze and the stripe code is V7R. I am not a guru but I believe the "V7" means the thin stripe, (like a pin stripe, which I have) and the "R" has got to mean red, which is the color my stripe is, I'll assume yours it coded for a thin (V7) white stripe (W)as an aside, and again at the risk of the "wrong police" jumping on me I heard that the thin stripes were placed on the car via two wheels on the assembly line after paint. my car is up for the winter but I can make a trip to the shop within the next couple days and take all the pics you need if someone doesn't have them at hand. my car is about 85% original so it should be a good reference.
Posted By: 70mopes

Re: Looking for photos and info on V7W pinstripe - 01/20/10 10:46 PM

WannaRunner!
Sure would be good to see your original painted pinstripes. I also have a '69 RR convert that is in process. I have a '69 RR door with what I believe is original paint and pinstripe that will help to a certain degree. I sure would like to see how and where the stripe terminates on the fender and quarter as well as how the ends look! I will post my pinstripe from the door previously mentioned and perhaps you could comment on if it is correct or not. I am assuming it is but you never know.
Thanks
Posted By: 69ragtop

Re: Looking for photos and info on V7W pinstripe - 01/21/10 02:17 AM

I didn't realize it would be so challenging to get accurate info on this pinstripe. There must not be that many originals floating around I guess. I'm really looking forward to seeing photos of a correct original pinstripe and keep the detail info coming. Thanks!
Posted By: 474218

Re: Looking for photos and info on V7W pinstripe - 01/21/10 03:31 AM

Quote:

I didn't realize it would be so challenging to get accurate info on this pinstripe. There must not be that many originals floating around I guess. I'm really looking forward to seeing photos of a correct original pinstripe and keep the detail info coming. Thanks!

Try the guys at http://www.69roadrunner.net. Someone there should be able to help.

Re: Looking for photos and info on V7W pinstripe - 01/21/10 08:27 AM

My stripes are in the orginal location, i'll take some pics in the morning when I get out of work. I joined the 69roadrunner.net site back when Marcus was doing it, I had a bunch of pictures of the pinstriping of my RR on that site but they were lost when they had server issues. I am surprised that no one else has chimed in, I know i am not the only one with V7R code pinstripe.

Re: Looking for photos and info on V7W pinstripe - 01/21/10 04:23 PM

My 69 RR convert has V7X pinstripe code but had a repaint and the original pinstriping was lost and not replaced. I do have a door that came as a spare with my project that is said to have been from a 69 RR. I thought the stripe was correct but upon further scrutiny, looks to be tape. Pix included.

WannaRunner,
Does this look like the right style,size, placement etc as your RR?

Attached picture 5750088-stripe6.jpg

Re: Looking for photos and info on V7W pinstripe - 01/21/10 04:23 PM

another

Attached picture 5750090-stripe7.jpg

Re: Looking for photos and info on V7W pinstripe - 01/21/10 04:25 PM

last

Attached picture 5750093-stripe2.jpg
Posted By: 474218

Re: Looking for photos and info on V7W pinstripe - 01/21/10 04:25 PM

Quote:

My stripes are in the orginal location, i'll take some pics in the morning when I get out of work. I joined the 69roadrunner.net site back when Marcus was doing it, I had a bunch of pictures of the pinstriping of my RR on that site but they were lost when they had server issues. I am surprised that no one else has chimed in, I know i am not the only one with V7R code pinstripe.

Marcus's site was 69roadrunner.ORG. Most of the information (and people) is now available on 69roadrunner.NET.

Re: Looking for photos and info on V7W pinstripe - 01/21/10 04:52 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Marcus's site was 69roadrunner.ORG. Most of the information (and people) is now available on 69roadrunner.NET.

I crossed over to that site last year,and still go by wannarunner. Are the pics archived? I didn't notice, I'll check it out as I posted alot of pics there.
Posted By: rocketresto

Re: Looking for photos and info on V7W pinstripe - 01/21/10 05:47 PM

Quote:

My 69 RR convert has V7X pinstripe code but had a repaint and the original pinstriping was lost and not replaced. I do have a door that came as a spare with my project that is said to have been from a 69 RR. I thought the stripe was correct but upon further scrutiny, looks to be tape. Pix included.

WannaRunner,
Does this look like the right style,size, placement etc as your RR?

That is not a factory stripe. The V7 stripe is paint not tape and is closer to the top body line. The V6 stripe is tape but much wider.
I will see if I have any pictures and post them later.
Mike

Re: Looking for photos and info on V7W pinstripe - 01/21/10 06:04 PM

As noted, V7 is paint and not tape, and because it is applied by Ma mopar with a paint wheel the stripe varies between 1/4" to 1/2" from the top crease. it doesn't look as bad as it sounds.

Attached picture 5750296-stripe001.JPG

Re: Looking for photos and info on V7W pinstripe - 01/21/10 06:06 PM

+1

Attached picture 5750298-stripe003.JPG

Re: Looking for photos and info on V7W pinstripe - 01/21/10 06:09 PM

+2

Attached picture 5750308-stripe005.JPG

Re: Looking for photos and info on V7W pinstripe - 01/21/10 06:11 PM

+3

Attached picture 5750313-stripe014.JPG

Re: Looking for photos and info on V7W pinstripe - 01/21/10 06:12 PM

+4

Attached picture 5750317-stripe007.JPG

Re: Looking for photos and info on V7W pinstripe - 01/21/10 06:13 PM

+5

Attached picture 5750321-stripe017.JPG

Re: Looking for photos and info on V7W pinstripe - 01/21/10 06:15 PM

last

Attached picture 5750327-stripe012.JPG

Re: Looking for photos and info on V7W pinstripe - 01/21/10 08:25 PM

Thanks for posting those pix WannaRunner

Here is a shot from the '69 brochure.

Attached picture 5750550-1969-plymouth-brochure-9a.jpg

Re: Looking for photos and info on V7W pinstripe - 01/21/10 08:35 PM

WannaRunner, that's an unusual color combo but I like it alot. Is that original paint on your car?
Mike

Re: Looking for photos and info on V7W pinstripe - 01/21/10 11:15 PM

Well, they say the odd colored RR's survived the best,lol. no teenager wants a "gold" RR. My RR is optioned T3 honey bronze all around, most were T5 or T7 when someone wanted the bronze paint. My fender tag listas a 9/68 build date, if ya look at my hood (pic below) you can see the effects of 41.5 years of opening the hood, paints a little thread bare, lol. There are a few patches that have been touched up. (very small) it is going for a repaint when I get the funds, so for now I left the hood alone to add a little "character" to the car. aside from the obvious high wear items that have been replaced its mostly a orginal plain jane RR......

Attached picture 5750876-stripe016.JPG

Re: Looking for photos and info on V7W pinstripe - 01/21/10 11:18 PM

Quote:

Thanks for posting those pix WannaRunner

Here is a shot from the '69 brochure.

Your Welcome!
Posted By: 6T9Hemi

Re: Looking for photos and info on V7W pinstripe - 01/22/10 02:28 PM

Exactly how wide is the stripe WannaRunner?

Re: Looking for photos and info on V7W pinstripe - 01/22/10 09:27 PM

From blowing up the scaled picture posted earlier, it looks like 3/8ths from top edge of quarter to centerline of pinstripe. Width of pinstripe looks to be 1/8th. WannaRunner is that about right?
Posted By: A12

Re: Looking for photos and info on V7W pinstripe - 01/22/10 11:00 PM

There are two stripes for '69 that I know of; a thin single pinstripe (black and white for sure and maybe red????) a wide(r) double stripe and one rumored thin double stripe but have only seen this last one a couple of times. The single thin "pinstripe" was the only stripe available on the '68 road runner and attached is the one on my '68 rr.

Attached picture 5753028-DSC05949crprs3a.jpg

Re: Looking for photos and info on V7W pinstripe - 01/22/10 11:07 PM

another:

Attached picture 5753040-DSC01069rss.jpg

Re: Looking for photos and info on V7W pinstripe - 01/22/10 11:18 PM

this is the wider double '69

Attached picture 5753071-694406A12RRebay49kcopy.jpg

Re: Looking for photos and info on V7W pinstripe - 01/22/10 11:27 PM

This is from the 1969 road runner option list so I would think the double stripe would be the "sport stripe" and the single the "accent stripe".

MikeR

Attached picture 5753093-Stripes1969rrPlyCarndEquippage3.jpg

Re: Looking for photos and info on V7W pinstripe - 01/23/10 02:31 AM

Sorry for the delay in responding guys, I have a reference chart some where and I was trying to find it, I had no luck. I don't want to pass along bad info so I'll pass along what I remember from looking into this about 3 years ago. A12, you are correct in that the single stripe is a "accent" stripe. My reference chart has the "correct" thickness of the stripe and correct placement below the body line(crease) but again I can't find it. I want to say the stripe thickness was supposed to be 1/8" to 3/16" and the stripe was supposed to be 3/8" off the bottom of the body line. Now I use the word "supposed" for a reason, as I noted in my earlier posts the thin stripes were applied using 2 wheels placed on both sides of the car, I have a picture of them on the reference chart that I can't find, maybe someone else on moparts has one? the wheels look like the wheels you use to check distance with. From what I remember, these paint wheels weren't super accurate, if the tension wasn't set right the thickness of the stripe would vary and it did not maintain a perfect distance from the body line. As I noted in my earlier posts the stripe on my RR does not look bad at all, but if you measure it, the distance from the body line to stripe varies from 1/4" to 1/2" you can also see where the wheels just sorta "fall off" after running down the side of the car. I'll keep looking for my chart, it will explain it better and has all the demensions. If you see a perfect, as in a consistent "painted" pinstripe on a RR it wasn't put there by Ma Mopar, lol.....

Re: Looking for photos and info on V7W pinstripe - 01/23/10 06:45 PM

Quote:

this is the wider double '69

That's the V6W tape stripe. B.T.W. I think the A12 pictured is the one in my shop currently under going a rotisery restoration.
Mike
Posted By: LimeliteAero

Re: Looking for photos and info on V7W pinstripe *DELETED* - 01/23/10 08:04 PM

Post deleted by LimeliteAero
Posted By: Day2Runner

Re: Looking for photos and info on V7W pinstripe - 01/24/10 09:42 PM

speaking of stripes
heres some V6 sport stripes
red

Attached File
5757297-19af_3.jpe  (99 downloads)
Posted By: Day2Runner