Moparts

dash pad restoration

Posted By: cudabruce

dash pad restoration - 01/14/10 09:10 PM

Called Just Dashes this week and was a little shocked by the cost to restore my dash pad. Does any company do it cheaper?
Posted By: MileHighDart

Re: dash pad restoration - 01/14/10 10:25 PM

What did they quote you ?
I've heard its pretty expensive.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: dash pad restoration - 01/14/10 11:29 PM

What kind of pad/color?
Posted By: denfireguy

Re: dash pad restoration - 01/15/10 02:00 AM

I got mine from Ultimate Rides. Check with Nick (member here). He had a group buy going.
http://nicksclassicparts.com/
Craig

Attached picture 5735658-DSC_0122(Medium).JPG
Posted By: lakerism

Re: dash pad restoration - 01/15/10 02:33 AM

Just Dashes did mine about a year ago for $850 cash (cash is cheeper) it came out perfect
Posted By: jrwoodjoe

Re: dash pad restoration - 01/15/10 03:04 AM

Bought an Ultimate Rides one through a MOPARTS Group buy that NICK put together. Much less than what Just Dashes wanted.

Joe

Re: dash pad restoration - 01/15/10 06:26 PM

They quoted me $850 for a redo on a black pad for a cuda.
Posted By: AZ-Nick

Re: dash pad restoration - 01/15/10 07:48 PM

Quote:

They quoted me $850 for a redo on a black pad for a cuda.

I didn't quote that price, that quote must have been from Just Dashes!

Re: dash pad restoration - 01/15/10 08:26 PM

Thats right Nick that price was from Just Dashes. Your quote was much better. thank you.
Posted By: cloneguy

Re: dash pad restoration - 01/17/10 05:05 PM

Nick is THE MAN when it comes to getting you a dash!
He can get them super fast if you need that way!!!

Re: dash pad restoration - 01/17/10 10:39 PM

Quote:

Nick is THE MAN when it comes to getting you a dash!
He can get them super fast if you need that way!!!

Thanks, I wish I would have had you guys do the metal work on my car. I took mine to a reputable shop and he told me it would be 25k. I gave him a completely striped car and bought all the sheetmetal and he would not give me the shell back till I paid him 39k. Needless to say I know a lot of people in this town. And yes I got hosed.
Posted By: 70RRJim

Re: dash pad restoration - 01/18/10 08:46 PM

mopar muscle magazine did a cuda dash restoration using a Dash Cap by accu form, I thought it was cost effective way of getting some very good results. If you have a show car then this might not be for you but for a nice driver this may be consider. You should check out the Mopar magazine article, it is online in there tech articles.
Posted By: migsBIG

Re: dash pad restoration - 01/18/10 10:54 PM

I bought 3 1971 b-body dash pads from nick. If the e-body pads are of the same quality, I say spend your cash with him and never look back.
Posted By: maxie

Re: dash pad restoration - 01/19/10 12:34 AM

Nick

Just Dashes

Charged an extra $100 to dye it the wrong color and wouldnt give a refund. I needed it B7 they made it something between blue and green, no where near right.

Re: dash pad restoration - 01/19/10 04:26 PM

I noticed the Paddock has repop dashes. any one have any experience with those?
thanks
Posted By: AZ-Nick

Re: dash pad restoration - 01/19/10 07:00 PM

Quote:

thanks

they have an ABS core!
Posted By: MLR426

Re: dash pad restoration - 01/19/10 07:30 PM

Quote:

thanks

What year are you looking for ? I have 2 new e body dashes from Ultimate rides with steel cores in my stash.

logan426
Posted By: Todd_DesMarais

Re: dash pad restoration - 01/24/10 06:53 PM

Nick IS the man ! I got an e-body pad through him last year even though my car will prolly never get to that point the only issue I had was it took U.R. forever to credit me for the cores. (not Nick's fault)

Hey Nick, what's the latest on 66 B-body pads ? I need 2

Todd

Re: dash pad restoration - 05/12/10 06:48 AM

So, now as I am not a rich man and like to maximize my money spent on my car and yet get the best quality I decided to go with Nick and my dash pad is sent off. I will let every one know how I like the quality when I get it back. Now, for those of you who also have considered the Paddock pads with the ABS core. I have a fiend who installed one in his T/A Challenger. The Paddock pad is a bit wavy on the edge nearest the windshield and does not fit very good to the lower dash on the passenger side, but the grain and color are very good.
hope this helps.
Posted By: JDMopar

Re: dash pad restoration - 05/13/10 12:47 AM

Just an FYI....if you are getting a 71-74 pad from Ultimate Rides, save the plastic frame that the Barracuda sticker goes in. If you're getting this type pad, and didn't save the little rectangular frame....get Nick to cut it out and mail it back to you. I bought an Ultimate Rides pad thru Dante a few years ago,and it's a VERY nice Ultimate Rides pad that I put in my 71 Challenger. It didn't come with the little plastic frame re-installed in the pad. Wasn't Dante's fault, and he was great to deal with. Fortunately, I went to the Mopar Nats that year and ran into the dude from Ultimate Rides,who was there buying up cores. He let me cut the little plastic frame out of an old pad for free. At that time, nobody was reproducing the little plastic frame that the Challenger/Barracuda sticker goes into. Just my Good luck.
Posted By: bjg

Re: dash pad restoration - 05/13/10 08:00 PM

I had mine done several years ago. You pay for what you get. they did a excellant job.
Posted By: denfireguy

Re: dash pad restoration - 05/14/10 12:49 AM

Quote:

Just an FYI....if you are getting a 71-74 pad from Ultimate Rides, save the plastic frame that the Barracuda sticker goes in. If you're getting this type pad, and didn't save the little rectangular frame....get Nick to cut it out and mail it back to you. I bought an Ultimate Rides pad thru Dante a few years ago,and it's a VERY nice Ultimate Rides pad that I put in my 71 Challenger. It didn't come with the little plastic frame re-installed in the pad. Wasn't Dante's fault, and he was great to deal with. Fortunately, I went to the Mopar Nats that year and ran into the dude from Ultimate Rides,who was there buying up cores. He let me cut the little plastic frame out of an old pad for free. At that time, nobody was reproducing the little plastic frame that the Challenger/Barracuda sticker goes into. Just my Good luck.

I do not want to steal this thread but I am in need of the plastic frame as well. Does anyone repop this piece?
I got the Ultimate Rides through Nick as well. I bought a steel core from a guy in Nebraska to send in to be redone. I will have my core avaiable in a few weeks for sale.
Craig
Posted By: JDMopar

Re: dash pad restoration - 05/14/10 01:14 AM

I don't know if anyone is reproducing them now or not. I talked to Mike Ross about it that same year at the Nats, and at that time he didn't feel like it would be a good seller if reproduced. I have to agree with him. It would cost a wad of money to make that itty bitty thing, and not a lot of them would sell.

Re: dash pad restoration - 07/22/10 05:46 PM

Got my dash pad back and am very happy with it. It is about 95% correct to an original. Only thing I could tell was off slightly was the bead that runs on the front edge. not a big deal.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: dash pad restoration - 07/22/10 10:15 PM

I do not want to steal this thread but I am in need of the plastic frame as well. Does anyone repop this piece?
I got the Ultimate Rides through Nick as well. I bought a steel core from a guy in Nebraska to send in to be redone. I will have my core avaiable in a few weeks for sale.
Craig

I have Cuda and Challenger 71-4 emblem pads, which one you need....PM me here on Moparts

Mike
© 2024 Moparts Forums