Moparts

Restoring Red Interior - Help!

Posted By: packin3deuces

Restoring Red Interior - Help! - 12/28/09 12:16 AM

I am restoring the factory red interior in my '70 'Cuda that the previous owner dyed black. I am not sure what color - red or black - a few of the parts should be. The car has a rim blow steering wheel and red seat belts. Should the rim blow center pad be red or black? Also, which color do the shoulder belt clips get dyed? And the front lap belts have a plastic boot at their base where they mount to the floor - which color, red or black? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Restoring Red Interior - Help! - 12/28/09 01:16 AM

Attached picture 5693061-redcuda.JPG
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Restoring Red Interior - Help! - 12/28/09 01:20 AM

2 that's all I got for ya!

Attached picture 5693073-redcuda2.jpg
Posted By: Redbird

Re: Restoring Red Interior - Help! - 12/28/09 05:15 AM

Mike, really nice pictures.
Posted By: landon1

Re: Restoring Red Interior - Help! - 12/28/09 05:27 AM

i don't know about the e-bodies, but on the 3rd gen Bs, the 71s got color-coordinated seat belts and housings, clips, etc. while in 72 i believe, they standardized all belt/housing colors to black. there wasn't a red interior on that style, so not sure if they made red belts or not (fairly rare i would think) - even if they were black, i would only assume that the housings would be red
Posted By: cudaized

Re: Restoring Red Interior - Help! - 12/29/09 04:28 AM

Quote:

I am restoring the factory red interior in my '70 'Cuda that the previous owner dyed black. I am not sure what color - red or black - a few of the parts should be. The car has a rim blow steering wheel and red seat belts. Should the rim blow center pad be red or black? Also, which color do the shoulder belt clips get dyed? And the front lap belts have a plastic boot at their base where they mount to the floor - which color, red or black? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Hi,
Having owned several Red interior 1970 `cudas, please allow me to assist.
Rim Blow center = Red
Shoulder belt clips = Red
Front lap belt bezel = Red
Most items were Red.

If you have the C15 option - Deluxe Seat Belts, then the actual seat belt webbing will be Red also. Other wise, black webbing. It sounds like you have the C15 option. Make sure that you have the actual Deluxe Seat belts. The buckles are different from a standard seat belt.
Ola Nilsson
cudaized@cudaized.com

Attached picture 5695240-Deluxeseatbeltscconvertibleb.jpg
Posted By: packin3deuces

Re: Restoring Red Interior - Help! - 12/30/09 04:50 AM

Thanks for all of the great replies. Regarding the C15 Deluxe Seat Belt option, does the colored webbing and different buckle also pertain to the other colored '70 Cuda interiors (blue, green, etc.)? Or is it just a red interior option? Also, if red interior and no C15 option, does black webbing also mean black buckles, black boots and black shoulder belt clips?
© 2024 Moparts Forums