Moparts

1980 Cordoba LS Restoration

Posted By: cousinbob

1980 Cordoba LS Restoration - 10/19/09 03:05 AM

I'm in the process of doing some restoration work on a 1980 Cordoba LS. I'm looking for sources for all of the weatherstripping, interior trim, bolt and screw packages, dash assembly, etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob
Posted By: 68cuda2003

Re: 1980 Cordoba LS Restoration - 10/20/09 12:47 AM

Cant help you with the restoration, but could you post some pics. I had an '81 and loved it. Would really appreciate a chance to see one again. Thanks and good luck on your endeavor.
Posted By: burdar

Re: 1980 Cordoba LS Restoration - 10/20/09 12:52 AM

I had an 82 and a friend had a Mirada. There is a member projects section here on Moparts. Please start a thread on your restoration.
Posted By: Mike Mancini

Re: 1980 Cordoba LS Restoration - 10/20/09 03:31 AM

I believe Brads NOS Parts has some Cordoba Parts in inventory. www.bradsnosparts.com

We can help with any dash or interior restoration. www.instrument-specialties.com
Posted By: CrAzYMoPaRGuY

Re: 1980 Cordoba LS Restoration - 10/20/09 09:52 PM

Quote:

Please start a thread on your restoration.

I had a 1980 Cordoba LS for years and loved the car, I raced it regularly, swapped in a 440, etc etc. I loved the car, but some idiot ended up stealing the car.

I would absolutely LOVE to see a thread on your car!
Posted By: DynoDave

Re: 1980 Cordoba LS Restoration - 10/23/09 12:02 AM

Me too. Pics please.

There's a parts wanted / for sale section at Cordoba Club USA
Posted By: Magnumguy

Re: 1980 Cordoba LS Restoration - 10/24/09 08:32 PM

I'm storing 2 LS's for a friend. He has 3 of them, and a Mirada. Your best bet for parts is getting a parts book, and searching the internet and Mopar sites for parts. Nobody is reproducing ANYTHING for these cars except for the rear taillight housings.

J bodies as well as late B's are not the most popular car right now, but dare to be different. You'll make friends and such from parts searching. On Mopar Style, there's a forum for them and F&M bodies as well.
Posted By: cousinbob

Re: 1980 Cordoba LS Restoration - 10/24/09 09:31 PM

Magnumguy Bill,

I bought this Cordoba from you!! I've been gradually working on it, and right now it's a bare shell, waiting to take it to be media blasted. It's going to need some panel replacement due to rust (both lower quarters and above the wheel openings and the rear floor pan over the gas tank). I'm just starting to accumulate the parts that I need to get it done. I really want to do this project because the car is so different than most Mopars that you see today. In the meantime, I'll just keep driving my '71 Challenger 340. I'm trying to round up some pictures showing what the Cordoba looked like when I first got it from you and what it looks like now. I'll post them as soon as I can.

Bob
Posted By: A38s!

Re: 1980 Cordoba LS Restoration - 01/29/10 03:30 PM

Posted By: Magnumguy

Re: 1980 Cordoba LS Restoration - 01/30/10 06:36 PM

Quote:

Magnumguy Bill,

I bought this Cordoba from you!! I've been gradually working on it, and right now it's a bare shell, waiting to take it to be media blasted. It's going to need some panel replacement due to rust (both lower quarters and above the wheel openings and the rear floor pan over the gas tank). I'm just starting to accumulate the parts that I need to get it done. I really want to do this project because the car is so different than most Mopars that you see today. In the meantime, I'll just keep driving my '71 Challenger 340. I'm trying to round up some pictures showing what the Cordoba looked like when I first got it from you and what it looks like now. I'll post them as soon as I can.

Bob

Oh yeah, the red one!!??

I still have that front fascia you wanted also. You might also check out Mopar Style. There's a forum dedicated to the criss-cross bar cars.
© 2024 Moparts Forums