Moparts

Rallye Wheel Silver, correct color for powdercoating?

Posted By: Max Rockatansky

Rallye Wheel Silver, correct color for powdercoating? - 07/06/08 05:14 PM

Since all the repro 15 X 7 wheels are the WRONG color (which I cannot figure out at all why, when there is a plethora of silver powder shades and sheens available) is there anyone who has had a set powdered in the RIGHT color? I am looking for a brand/code of powder that would be the correct sheen, color, txture, etc. Speaking of which, what would the correct sheen, color and texture be, exactly.
Thanks, all help is appreciated!
Posted By: MLR426

Re: Rallye Wheel Silver, correct color for powdercoating? - 07/06/08 06:31 PM

I worked with the different shades of silver available to the point it drove me crazy.
I had several samples done and matched it to several original rims. I found that Bengal
silver was the match I was looking for. I powder coated 2 sets of 15 x 7 rims and was very happy with the end results. I'll post the brand later.

logan426
Posted By: duster2

Re: Rallye Wheel Silver, correct color for powdercoating? - 07/07/08 12:50 PM

The reason they are the wrong color....

That color of powdercoat is a cross between the correct Mopar and the *hevy color for the ralley wheels. Cost is the factor. Most of the bigger wheel makers send out their wheels to be powdercoated , they have to have a certain number of parts to do the job , the more parts the cheaper the price per item.

Re: Rallye Wheel Silver, correct color for powdercoating? - 07/09/08 02:21 AM

Quote:

I worked with the different shades of silver available to the point it drove me crazy.
I had several samples done and matched it to several original rims. I found that Bengal
silver was the match I was looking for. I powder coated 2 sets of 15 x 7 rims and was very happy with the end results. I'll post the brand later.

logan426

Sorry I've been out of town I'll post the brand tomorrow.

logan426 Martin
Posted By: ChrisD

Re: Rallye Wheel Silver, correct color for powdercoatin - 07/09/08 06:15 PM

I am interested in this too. I have the repo wheels and they are the eyesore of my car. I must change the color.

Re: Rallye Wheel Silver, correct color for powdercoatin - 07/10/08 05:12 AM

I did some of my own research...it's a Tiger Drylac color, here's a link:

http://www.trussworks.com/Color_options.html

It looks like a dead-on match for the correct color. Any reputable powder coater should be able to get it, Tiger Drylac is a huge supplier/manufacturer of powders to the industry.

Re: Rallye Wheel Silver, correct color for powdercoatin - 07/10/08 01:07 PM

Here is the Bengal silver Tiger Drylac brand powder coat number 49/99999
This is what I thought was a match after several
months of doing test samples. Several months ago
I spoke with the wheel manufacturers about getting the correct color for the mopar wheels.
They're response, they didn't care about the color and didn't care if they got it right.

logan426 Martin

Re: Rallye Wheel Silver, correct color for powdercoatin - 07/12/08 10:03 PM

Not even a thanks ???
I spent alot a of time and money to find the
right shade.

loagn426
Posted By: sg333e

Re: Rallye Wheel Silver, correct color for powdercoatin - 07/12/08 11:34 PM

OK, I'll admit I was lurking the thread and already use Tiger Drylac, so thanks!

Re: Rallye Wheel Silver, correct color for powdercoatin - 07/15/08 05:15 AM

Thanks!
© 2024 Moparts Forums