Moparts

Roadrunner Quarters

Posted By: cougar_cat_25

Roadrunner Quarters - 08/12/09 12:17 AM

Any new info about 73-74 roadrunner/gtx quaters being produced. Its been a year since I asked last, so Im checking if someone just might have started showing these years some love.
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: Roadrunner Quarters - 08/12/09 01:20 AM

Nothing yet as far as I know.
Posted By: 268RTs4ME

Re: Roadrunner Quarters - 08/12/09 01:43 AM

I am looking for some quarters myself, for my 74 and haven't been able to find any.

Attached picture 5411751-annas312.jpg

Re: Roadrunner Quarters - 08/12/09 05:51 AM

I've been keeping in touch with one company, and they said in about 6 months they should have at least prototypes out.... but that was 8 months ago. I wish year one still sold them.

Re: Roadrunner Quarters - 08/12/09 11:14 AM

autobody specialties has been promising them "in 6 months" for at least 6 years now!
Posted By: imfixinmopars426

Re: Roadrunner Quarters - 08/12/09 12:16 PM

i had a nos one a few months ago,and i put it in the WIW worth section...should have called me. sold it at carlisle for 1000,which i thought was reasonable. amd will ask 700++ for chinabuilt.

Re: Roadrunner Quarters - 08/12/09 09:09 PM

Thats funny, their who I was talking about. I guess they feed the same bull to everyone.

Re: Roadrunner Quarters - 08/13/09 08:54 PM

Quote:

Thats funny, their who I was talking about. I guess they feed the same bull to everyone.

Yes. I would even be happy with patch panels.
Posted By: 268RTs4ME

Re: Roadrunner Quarters - 08/14/09 02:22 AM

I am gonna fabricate my own patch panels, picked up the metal yesterday, tired of wating for a reprodution, alot of people are looking for em, so they will blow your hair back on price, when they do get em..

Attached picture 5416145-annas235.jpg

Re: Roadrunner Quarters - 08/17/09 07:07 AM

in your case a home made patch wouldn't be too hard, unless there is more rust around the wheel arch like mine
Posted By: Runnin74

Re: Roadrunner Quarters - 08/17/09 06:26 PM

Looks like you're going to have to make a patch for the trunk floor extensions as well unless those are now available. I think the 71-72's are out, but don't know about the 73-74's.
Posted By: MickiMause

Re: Roadrunner Quarters - 08/23/09 09:51 AM

Talked to autobody specialties last week, they're still saying 6-8 months, and she told me they would be AMD panels. I think I remember seeing trunk floor & extensions on their site, though, but I don't remember prices. Are all of AMD's panels chinamade???

DaytonaTurbo - I love your Satellite. Maybe one day mine will look as good.

Attached picture 5434811-snowycar.jpg
Posted By: copchaser

Re: Roadrunner Quarters - 08/23/09 01:25 PM

Give AMD some time. When they get a prototype made,they have it fitted to a car and any corrections are noted, the panel is sent back and tooling is changed. This may go on 6-7 times before they get it right. All that takes time. My body shop is set up as a dealer for them, I wish I would get a better rate so I could be competitive. I ordered quarters for a 70 GTX in January, was told I'd have them in 2 weeks, well it took close to 6 months. Well worth the wait.
Posted By: screamindriver

Re: Roadrunner Quarters - 08/24/09 11:41 PM

Quote:

Looks like you're going to have to make a patch for the trunk floor extensions as well unless those are now available. I think the 71-72's are out, but don't know about the 73-74's.

I've heard the repop 71-2 extensions will fit the 73-4....

Re: Roadrunner Quarters - 08/25/09 03:51 AM

Quote:

Thanks man. Yours looks like it's got great potential.
Posted By: QuickSilver

Re: Roadrunner Quarters - 08/25/09 12:20 PM

Hey guys, I just thought that I would put this out there in case any of you are tired of waiting for chinese metal and would like to get on with your resto. Since I have done the later B body plymouth cars I had to make all of my own re-placement panels, cuz that's what I do. Here are a few pics of my lower quarter repair panel. I make them from the correct gauge steel and they are shaped to perfection and guaranteed to fit. I can also do the wheel opening arch if you have rust up that high on the quarter. It really is a nice alternative to replacing the whole quarter if you don't need to. JC.

Attached picture 5439242-71gtx1.jpg
Posted By: QuickSilver

Re: Roadrunner Quarters - 08/25/09 12:20 PM

Another angle:

Attached picture 5439243-71gtx2.jpg
Posted By: sixpack4spd

Re: Roadrunner Quarters - 08/27/09 03:46 AM

They used to make them. I've got a reproduction drivers side quarter skin that I don't plan on using.

Posted By: MickiMause

Re: Roadrunner Quarters - 08/27/09 11:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks man. Yours looks like it's got great potential.

Thanks for the vote of confidence! Hubby thinks he's going to get ahold of her...not likely!

She's solid most places, and all original except exhaust and obviously tires and rims. 61k original miles, just turned over this week. I don't drive her daily, as I have a 55 mile each-way commute, but I do drive her. I've got a '68 383 block and heads in the garage waiting for a rebuild, and a 727 to back it up. Also an 8 3/4 center section with 3.23's, looking for a housing. What she needs body wise is the passenger quarter, right side trunk floor and extension, and outer wheelhouse, and possibly patch panels for both front fenders, but it's looking like it might be easier and faster to just buy a parts car from somewhere down south. Now if I could just wrangle 3 or 4 days off in a row...
© 2024 Moparts Forums