Moparts

Chrysler blue engine paint Eastwoods ceramic??

Posted By: dalei989

Chrysler blue engine paint Eastwoods ceramic?? - 07/13/09 07:24 PM

Just had my 340 painted on Friday with Eastwoods new Ceramic Chrysler blue paint. Had my buddy who owns a restoration shop spray it for me. The blue does not look correct to me. The pic without the flash is very close to how it looks in the shop light. Lights up alittle in the sun but not much. With the flash of the camera it looks very blue. Anyone painted there motor with this paint and if so how did it turn out. Eastwood is sending me another quart to try. thanks

Attached picture 5349964-eastwoodchrysblue.JPG
Posted By: burdar

Re: Chrysler blue engine paint Eastwoods ceramic?? - 07/13/09 07:29 PM

The blue with the flash is what my engine paint looks like. It is a high temp engine paint from a parts store. I'd have to look at the can to be sure of the brand.

There are two different blues aren't there. The older blue(from the late 60's) looks more like your second pic.

Re: Chrysler blue engine paint Eastwoods ceramic?? - 07/13/09 07:36 PM

I believe the older blue wasn't actually blue but torquios and was on the big blocks. thanks

Re: Chrysler blue engine paint Eastwoods ceramic?? - 07/13/09 07:39 PM

Here's a really bad pic of mine. I'm not saying it's right but it looks very close to what you have.

Attached picture 5350002-4885827-engine003%282%29[1].jpg

Re: Chrysler blue engine paint Eastwoods ceramic?? - 07/13/09 08:06 PM

Do you have a pic without flash? what paint was yours?

Re: Chrysler blue engine paint Eastwoods ceramic?? - 07/13/09 08:13 PM

I'll have to look at the can tonight. I can also look for a different pic.

Re: Chrysler blue engine paint Eastwoods ceramic?? - 07/13/09 08:15 PM

that would be great. thanks
Posted By: thebankerstoy

Re: Chrysler blue engine paint Eastwoods ceramic?? - 07/13/09 08:26 PM

Here's a picture of my sons 318 that's in his 72 Dart Swinger. It was painted with the Mopar Performance "Chrysler Blue". I also agree that the "other blue" is actually Turquoise and was as mentioned above, used on earlier big block engines

Richard

Attached picture 5350112-1972DartSwinger-installingnew318enginein2005.jpg
Posted By: thebankerstoy

Re: Chrysler blue engine paint Eastwoods ceramic?? - 07/13/09 08:33 PM

another picture.

Richard

Attached picture 5350129-72DartSwinger-After2005-06restorationwithcustomeaircleanerpiepan.jpg

Re: Chrysler blue engine paint Eastwoods ceramic?? - 07/13/09 09:20 PM

thanks Richard, I talked to Kieth at Eastwood and he said sometimes mistakes happen in the mixing of the paint so with no questions that are sending another quart of paint. Once it gets here I will post on the findings. thanks

Re: Chrysler blue engine paint Eastwoods ceramic?? - 07/13/09 10:02 PM

The paint I used was Plasti-Kote Chrysler blue. I think they sell it at AutoZone.

Why do you think the color is wrong? Do you have some origonal engine parts with there paint still applied? Is there a color difference?

I think I compared the Plasti-Kote with some origonal paint and it was close.

Re: Chrysler blue engine paint Eastwoods ceramic?? - 07/13/09 10:10 PM

In my pics you can see without the flash the paint has very little blue tint to it. Its more steel blue or grey looking. It is better in the sun light. I do have a few items that I believe are factory blue and I have a few cans of Mopar chrysler blue and the color is not even close. I hoping that it is a bad batch of paint from eastwood but time will tell. thanks.
Posted By: joelson6

Re: Chrysler blue engine paint Eastwoods ceramic?? - 07/14/09 03:16 AM

i used the same paint for the 340 in my 72 Challenger. i have pics with the flash and a few without using the flash. here is a pic without the flash

Greg

Attached picture 5351078-IMG_4933.JPG

Re: Chrysler blue engine paint Eastwoods ceramic?? - 07/14/09 03:17 AM

here is one with the flash

Attached picture 5351079-IMG_4930.JPG
Posted By: sixpackbee

Re: Chrysler blue engine paint Eastwoods ceramic?? - 07/14/09 01:00 PM

We just introduced a correct enamel for the Chrysler blue at Carlilse. PM me if anyone is interetsed in more details.

Re: Chrysler blue engine paint Eastwoods ceramic?? - 07/14/09 04:10 PM

Thanks Greg, that was what I was looking for, someone that had used the same paint. Obvouisly the can they sent me has a problem. I will wait for the new can and try. thanks again. Dale

Re: Chrysler blue engine paint Eastwoods ceramic?? - 07/14/09 07:47 PM

Hey Dale,

did you use the activator when you sprayed the paint.

i used the activator. that shouldn't make a difference in the color though.

Re: Chrysler blue engine paint Eastwoods ceramic?? - 07/15/09 12:19 AM

Yes we did use the activator Greg. I have a 71 dart donor car with a untouched slant six. The colour of my 340 is no where near the right colour. So I am convinced that there was a mistake made in my eastwood paint. So I will wait for my free replacement. thanks
© 2024 Moparts Forums