Moparts

A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge..........

Posted By: Anonymous

A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 06/05/09 09:50 PM

i was wondering if anyone has ever seen one of these promotional wheel discs for Dodge and it isnt the Ride With The Dodge Boys either.
someone just emailed me this little memorabilia.

Attached picture 5274768-9.jpg

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 06/05/09 09:51 PM

heres another picture of the original box and original hardware. these are the real deal, no knockoffs here.

Attached picture 5274776-5.jpg

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 06/05/09 09:52 PM

and the paperwork that came with it.

Attached picture 5274777-7.jpg

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 06/05/09 09:54 PM

original paperwork in the box.

Attached picture 5274780-1.jpg

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 06/05/09 09:55 PM

last one for now

Attached picture 5274783-6.jpg
Posted By: mopargem

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 06/05/09 10:37 PM

Thats some pretty cool stuff...Steven Juliano would know.
Posted By: A12

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 06/05/09 10:47 PM

Super!!!! It reads "not for Dart demonstrator" wonder why? Are these meant for 14" wheels or 15" wheels?

Too cool!

MikeR
Posted By: stevenjuliano

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 06/06/09 12:06 AM

Quote:

hi guys....i rarely come out of my cave these days BUT this was fwd to me by a good friend (who is usually busy trying to convince bridge jumpers to use the gw bridge and not his). i have been in the memorabilia game for all eternity and its my opinion that the box, instructions. etc are all 100% real EXCEPT the inserts appear to me to be 100% bogus. my opinion is that someone took the ORIGINAL dodge boys inserts out and replaced them with that junk thats pictured in this thread. i dare any of you to prove me wrong. actually i hope you can.

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 06/06/09 12:36 AM

Quote:

Quote:

hi guys....i rarely come out of my cave these days BUT this was fwd to me by a good friend (who is usually busy trying to convince bridge jumpers to use the gw bridge and not his). i have been in the memorabilia game for all eternity and its my opinion that the box, instructions. etc are all 100% real EXCEPT the inserts appear to me to be 100% bogus. my opinion is that someone took the ORIGINAL dodge boys inserts out and replaced them with that junk thats pictured in this thread. i dare any of you to prove me wrong. actually i hope you can.

why would you think those are junk knockoffs?
why would someone go to the trouble of taking out the ride with the dodge boys which are pretty rare also and put if fakes?

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 06/06/09 01:09 AM

[

why would someone go to the trouble of taking out the ride with the dodge boys which are pretty rare also and put if fakes?

i do not know the circumstances of how your friend acquired them but if he purchased the discs then the answer is obvious. there has been foul play with discs going on for years. theres a guy in california who sells "real" ones every now and then that are bogus. putting fake parts in real boxes has been a mopar reality for a long long time. again i hope someone proves me wrong but with all my experience i am confident i would have heard of these or seen these in dealer pics, etc. plus i promise you if they existed i would have known about them and probaly found them. again, i hope im wrong.....
Posted By: LimeliteAero

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 06/06/09 01:16 AM

Quote:

everyone wants something nobody else can or does have!
Posted By: AZ_A12_BEE

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 06/06/09 01:17 AM

Quote:

[

i do not know the circumstances of how your friend acquired them but if he purchased the discs then the answer is obvious. there has been foul play with discs going on for years. theres a guy in california who sells "real" ones every now and then that are bogus. putting fake parts in real boxes has been a mopar reality for a long long time. again i hope someone proves me wrong but with all my experience i am confident i would have heard of these or seen these in dealer pics, etc. plus i promise you if they existed i would have known about them and probaly found them. again, i hope im wrong.....

I would put my $$ on you being right about this.
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 06/06/09 01:27 AM

I do not know for sure one way or the other, but......

it seems odd that the discs appear to be perfectly white while the papers with them have marks & stains?

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 06/06/09 02:22 AM

Quote:

[

steve, hes not my friend, its someone who emailed me saying they googled one of my posts about dodge promo discs and said he thought i would think this is pretty cool, thats all.
its seems kind of odd, seeing original promo disc hardware and a bogus set of discs.

Attached picture 5275292-A12SUPERBEEWITHWHEELDISCS006.JPG
Posted By: Alaska_A12

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 06/06/09 06:00 AM

Quote:

Quote:

[

steve, hes not my friend, its someone who emailed me saying they googled one of my posts about dodge promo discs and said he thought i would think this is pretty cool, thats all.
its seems kind of odd, seeing original promo disc hardware and a bogus set of discs.

Chris,

The font used on those discs look too modern for 1969. They also look way too clean compared to the rest of the package and hardware.

BTW, I'll see you at Carlisle.
Posted By: sandbagger

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 06/06/09 12:40 PM

Hopefully the seller allows for what he'll term an honest mistake....and honestly return some funds.
Posted By: mccannix

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 06/06/09 01:00 PM

Since the official order form only shows "Dodge Boys" wheel disc display, quantity and amount, one would think there would also be a column for "Put a Dodge in your garage" disc. How else would you order them if there is no box to check for them.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 06/06/09 02:31 PM

Quote:

Super!!!! It reads "not for Dart demonstrator" wonder why? Are these meant for 14" wheels or 15" wheels?

Too cool!

MikeR

pretty sure the grease cap on the 4" BP drums uses a smaller cap than the rest of the fleet .
Posted By: Kidsixpack

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 06/06/09 10:00 PM

I think the discs look a bit too good to be originals. All the other stuff looks legit to me though, but I'm certianly no disc expert. I'd ask the guy that went them what the story is.
Very interesting. How come no one ever send me any cool Mopar stuff
KID
Posted By: MoreParts

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge...... - 06/06/09 11:12 PM

Quote:

I do not know for sure one way or the other, but......

it seems odd that the discs appear to be perfectly white while the papers with them have marks & stains?

I was thinking this too. However, reading the inserts that were posted with the contents of the box says that they were constructed out of aluminum. The same paperwork shows a different disk though.

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge...... - 06/07/09 12:20 AM

does anyone know how the original discs were wrapped up?
the hardware looks to be in perfect condition,
could the wheel discs have been wrapped in plastic?then cardboard over it?
could that font be like in the flower power era
im leaning that these are probably fake but why would anyone go through the trouble?
i asked the guy if he wanted to sell them and he said no. so that tells me that maybe they are legit.
Posted By: a12superbee

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge...... - 06/07/09 06:44 AM

The story seems as questionable as anything the other guy have pointed out.
The points that stick out to me are;
1. The guy somehow googled you and went to the trouble to find and send you pictures. Not anybody else that may have responded to the thread.
2. Nobody here has come forth and said they've seen this type of disk before. Including the one person on the planet with more of this stuff than anybody.
3. The font is debatable for being era correct but the white being as white as it is sure is suspect.

My guess, someone figured out you have money to throw at your toys and would be willing to pay huge for them. That he said they weren't for sale doesn't mean anything, probably just priming the pump to get you to pay whatever he thinks he can get you for.

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge...... - 06/07/09 02:44 PM

Quote:

My guess, someone figured out you have money to throw at your toys and would be willing to pay huge for them. That he said they weren't for sale doesn't mean anything, probably just priming the pump to get you to pay whatever he thinks he can get you for.

I was going to say the same thing ...
Posted By: AZ_A12_BEE

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge...... - 06/07/09 05:18 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I was going to say the same thing ...

Fish On!!!!

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge...... - 06/07/09 10:55 PM

Quote:

The story seems as questionable as anything the other guy have pointed out.
The points that stick out to me are;
1. The guy somehow googled you and went to the trouble to find and send you pictures. Not anybody else that may have responded to the thread.
2. Nobody here has come forth and said they've seen this type of disk before. Including the one person on the planet with more of this stuff than anybody.
3. The font is debatable for being era correct but the white being as white as it is sure is suspect.

MARK....i agree with your opinion above. most of whats in my collection was shown to me as "NOT FOR SALE" which, in reaity, was the exact opposite. again, i am at a physical disadvantage in more ways than one so i do not have access to most of my stuff and most of my brain anymore BUT i do remember that ORIGINAL ORIGINAL rrunner wheel discs had notches on the edges at about 10 and 2 o'clock. if one of you would be kind enough to go on my website www.stevenjuliano.com and pull the photo off of the cars section (superbird) that shows a closeup of a wheel disc on my 1970 superbird i believe you will see the notches.
do these questionable discs shown on this thread have the notches?

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge...... - 06/07/09 11:01 PM

Here it is, I can see them;

Attached picture 5278302-sbird_03.jpg

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge...... - 06/07/09 11:27 PM

Ahhh, thanks for pointing that out. Although the notches could be done easy enough it does add another dimension. Geez, can't believe I hadn't noticed those before.
Posted By: RodStRace

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge...... - 06/08/09 12:06 AM

The center hole looks much smaller on Steven's too. I don't see how that screw is going to hold those garage discs....

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge...... - 06/08/09 01:57 AM

I'll bet the disks have notches in them......................... now!
Posted By: 52savoy

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge...... - 06/08/09 02:48 AM

Quote:

does anyone know how the original discs were wrapped up?
the hardware looks to be in perfect condition,
could the wheel discs have been wrapped in plastic?then cardboard over it?
could that font be like in the flower power era
im leaning that these are probably fake but why would anyone go through the trouble?
i asked the guy if he wanted to sell them and he said no. so that tells me that maybe they are legit.

The discs come wrapped in a brown wax type paper. I had an NOS set in the early 90's. They were 69' roadrunner and would have been a great addition to my roadrunner except my car is a '68. they were perfect..I sold them to Tony Dag. for his A12.
Posted By: flypaper

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge...... - 06/08/09 02:51 AM

Quote:

with the center hole enlargened and wrapped in wax paper

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 06/08/09 02:53 AM

Chris,

Bottom line......put down the check book and slowly back away.

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 06/08/09 03:36 AM

Quote:

Chris,

Bottom line......put down the check book and slowly back away.

maybe not a bad idea to grab the hardware?
Posted By: BIGHOOK

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge...... - 06/08/09 04:52 AM

I'm no expert on the original discs as well but I would say the font itself is a clue that these are pretty new. It comes close to the "Dodge fever" slogan font used extensively throughout the 68-69 model years but not quite. Character shape, serif hooks and kerning indicate subtle differences. The ad agencies/departments would generally utilize a finite pool of fonts along with a few custom designed display fonts to retain a consistent look or theme to the print ads, giveaways, special offers, etc. If it is custom, I've never seen this disc font used for anything else back then. Hold on to your wallet.
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge...... - 06/08/09 05:59 AM

Quote:

Yea, what are the chances that guy is watching this thread.... 99% ??
Posted By: Dave Watt

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge...... - 06/08/09 10:26 AM

Quote:

BUT i do remember that ORIGINAL ORIGINAL rrunner wheel discs had notches on the edges at about 10 and 2 o'clock. if one of you would be kind enough to go on my website www.stevenjuliano.com and pull the photo off of the cars section (superbird) that shows a closeup of a wheel disc on my 1970 superbird i believe you will see the notches.
do these questionable discs shown on this thread have the notches?

BINGO, originals do, these repro.....I mean discs, do not. I've been wanting to mention notches but figured it would give the person too much information to reproduce them more accurately.

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge...... - 06/08/09 10:57 AM

i had no intentions of purchasing them. i emailed him again to see if i'd get a response on the authenticity of them and how he obtained them but no response.
the more i read the comments, the more i believe these are fake.
my A12 RR promo discs have the 2 notches as well,
the hole on my A12 RR discs are much smaller as well.
Posted By: KISSAlien

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge...... - 06/08/09 05:01 PM

Probably not much different than these.

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/pts/1196330855.html
Posted By: Chi_Town_Runner

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge...... - 06/08/09 05:30 PM

I though it rather funny that the add describes how the disks function while you drive but yet "warn" that they are for display purposes only and driving with them on is at your own risk.

Why invest in the mounting hardware if they are to be displayed stationary.

Oh well....but that's just me.

Frank

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge...... - 06/09/09 08:58 PM

hmm this smells
this guy wouldn't happened to be named darryl and be from ariz ????
or someone from Illinois ?????
he was advertising repo disc's on the a12 board...

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge...... - 06/09/09 11:29 PM

frank, his name is gary siler, here is his email to me today.

Chris, I wanted to add that I misspoke concerning the addressee on the box. It wasn't a dealership, but a Chrysler-Dodge facility in Fullerton that is now occupied by an unrelated company. An employee at that company I talked with said it had been a "Chrysler assembly plant", but I find no other information to support that. An EPA report I believe was from 1980 describes the facility as Chrysler's "Fullerton Parts Depot". I know there was a Los Angeles assembly plant that closed in 1971, but I don't know if was at this location. There's also a Los Angeles Parts Depot in nearby Ontario (California). The discs were presumably shipped to Mr. King at Fullerton. As for the background on where they've been since, I don't have that info yet, but will pass along anything I find out.

Gary

Attached picture 5282639-A12SUPERBEEWITHWHEELDISCS006.JPG

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge...... - 06/09/09 11:37 PM

ok,i had to ask
the irony was too much to ignore
if you look at his ad, he claims he could put "anything you want" on the discs.
so i would be very skeptical of anything that is out of the norm on any promo discs being passed off as real

http://a12mopar.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1236455888
Posted By: FJ5_Fish

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 06/10/09 01:15 AM

Bring 'em to Carlisle and we'll get FB to carbon date them!

Steve - good to see you on here - Are you coming to Carlisle? I want to give you a (manly) hug!
Jim B.

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 06/13/09 06:15 AM

Quote:

Steve - good to see you on here - Are you coming to Carlisle? I want to give you a (manly) hug!
Jim B.

Hi Jim...No carlisle for me. The chemo has done its anticipated damage so going to a show is out of the question for 2009. Too bad as with this new balding grey skin night of the livivng dead look i now have i could have finally snuck by and bought some stuff w/o guys sniffing around me trying to figure out what it is and why i bought it! Hopefully 2010 will be better...sure cant be worse!
I'll take the hug in spirit old friend. Thanks!!!all the best! steven

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 06/13/09 06:23 AM

Hang in there Steven, I hope to see you there in 2010 & several years after that. Keep up the fight, we would hate to lose you.

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 06/13/09 07:30 AM

A lot of us wish you the best sj.
Posted By: A12

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 06/13/09 08:10 AM

Here's wishing you the best too You can win this fight, stay positive! I have two really good long time friends that both have won their battles in that last few years so you can too, just stay positive and don't give up or in! You Can!!!

MikeR

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 06/13/09 12:54 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Jim B.

Hi Jim...No carlisle for me. The chemo has done its anticipated damage so going to a show is out of the question for 2009. Too bad as with this new balding grey skin night of the livivng dead look i now have i could have finally snuck by and bought some stuff w/o guys sniffing around me trying to figure out what it is and why i bought it! Hopefully 2010 will be better...sure cant be worse!
I'll take the hug in spirit old friend. Thanks!!!all the best! steven

You are going to beat the MF-er Steve. I am not an overly religious person but since the loss of my father I can tell you, you (among others) have been in my prayers.....And I'm not just saying that to help sell little books!

We will see you out there soon....get better.
Jim B
Posted By: XXHEMI

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 06/15/09 12:02 AM

The original paper work did mention something about display only? These have been on my car for about three years know with out incident!

Steve
It's good to see you have not lost your sence of humor. If you need to break out for a day or a quick lunch give us a call.

Ed

Attached picture 5292633-Etown08-%20210.jpg

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 06/15/09 12:12 AM

They let you race with those on Ed?

Gotta be worth 2/10's in aero!
Posted By: XXHEMI

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 06/15/09 01:18 AM

Jim

I was only asked to remove them once! I lost in the final round Spring Muscle Palooza 2008.

Don't know about the 2/10's but I do think they bring me some luck.
Posted By: TONY_DAGOSTINO

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 06/15/09 12:31 PM

BTW
The "RIDE WITH THE DODGE BOYS" discs DONT have the little notches on them like the road runner ones do

i dont know why, but they dont

the dodge boys disc i have i got from a dealership attic in montecello ny in the early 1980s

tony

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 06/15/09 11:30 PM

just got an email from gary again, i believe this guy is telling the truth. i also believe these pieces were for real and are original. i am remembering back in 69, i recall seeing a set at a dodge dealership. they look very familiar.
i just got another email and this is what Gary is saying.
ToylD is now saying the dodge boys promo discs didnt have the notches. im wondering why the RR ones had the notches but the dodge ones didnt?

heres the email i got today.

Chris, I finally got a chance to speak with the former owner today. First off, I wanted to say that I did read the subsequent posts on Moparts. The reason I originally contacted you was because your Website was linked and that provided an email contact. Otherwise, I don't see everyone's contact info. I'm now familiar with Steven Juliano's site and collection - very impressive. I'm thinking if he's never seen these or even heard of them, they likely never saw the streets. That doesn't mean they're not authenic, though. The previous owner is a guy in LA about my age (50-ish) who came across as very honest and straightforward. We talked for over an hour and he said those discs were given to him by the service manager at Glendale Dodge around '86-'87. They were clearing out old stock and miscellaneous items that had been gathering dust for years. His home address, the original Fullerton ship-to address, and the Glendale dealership are all right there in the LA area. I know it's not hard proof, but it sure is interesting. I'm told Mopar Collectors Guide has a photo they think might show a car with these discs installed, but it's motion-blurred and they're trying to enhance it. Maybe someone will eventually come forward with more info. The guy who mentioned 'carbon dating' might be on to something. I just hope any Mopar enthusiasts who see the posts will scour their memories, photos, back issues, etc. By the way, the paper they were packaged in was darkened around the edges and at the center holes, matching the discs exactly. I'm attaching a picture of a lighted Chrysler sign the previous owner said he also acquired from a dealership years back. Probably not that unusual, but since he sent it I figured I'd pass it along.

Gary

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 06/16/09 09:20 AM

The runner disks being multiple colors would need a way to keep it properly oriented for each color pass. The dodge disk being only one color wouldn't need that.

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 06/16/09 11:49 AM

Hi Guys....THANKS for the well wishes. I never wanted to go on a public forum to discuss my health. It's not my thing to talk about this hell. So again, thank you for the kind words and we'll see where this all shakes out. the percentages ain't pretty...then again either am I anymore! What i would give to be me again....life has been completly upside down since that sunny day in st louis when dave waldens wife cindy made the observation regarding my condition that saved my life.

Back to the discs. I'm rooting for them to be real though my brain still tells me they are not. i do have a set of VALIANT V8 wheel discs (maybe Barry can pull them off my site and post the pic again please)that i have never found any paperwork for. I'd be curous to see what mcg has.

be well guys.....dessert first. Steve
Posted By: RJS

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 06/16/09 07:00 PM

Steven I've personally never met you but have had great respect for you for what you've brought to the hobby over the years. With that said I'd like to wish you the very best in this battle. Besides I'm originally a Brooklyn Boy so I have respect for you Boogie Down types!!! Ron Sannino
Posted By: MI_Custumz

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 06/16/09 08:27 PM

Quote:

i do have a set of VALIANT V8 wheel discs (maybe Barry can pull them off my site and post the pic again please)that i have never found any paperwork for. I'd be curous to see what mcg has.

Attached picture 5296708-061805_74.jpg

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 06/16/09 09:16 PM

Could this be a regional thing?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathryn_Minner

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 06/16/09 09:18 PM

Also found this visor on the net.

Attached picture 5296803-scatpackvisor1.jpg

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 06/16/09 09:18 PM

Opposite side. Different font. Don't know the year it was actually produced.

Attached picture 5296806-scatpackvisor2.jpg

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 06/16/09 10:33 PM

Quote:

Hi Guys....THANKS for the well wishes. I never wanted to go on a public forum to discuss my health. It's not my thing to talk about this hell. So again, thank you for the kind words and we'll see where this all shakes out. the percentages ain't pretty...then again either am I anymore! What i would give to be me again....life has been completly upside down since that sunny day in st louis when dave waldens wife cindy made the observation regarding my condition that saved my life.

Back to the discs. I'm rooting for them to be real though my brain still tells me they are not. i do have a set of VALIANT V8 wheel discs (maybe Barry can pull them off my site and post the pic again please)that i have never found any paperwork for. I'd be curous to see what mcg has.

im rooting as well, and my gut telling me they were made. not sure why more havent surfaced up in the past but i see no reason for this guy to pull out an original box, with original paperwork, and wrapped in plastic and pose these dodge discs as real if they were fake.
this guy has nothing to gain from the email to me. he was not trying sell them nor has he made any reference to that.
if you look at the font it does look as though it could have been printed in the flower power 69 era.
or maybe its just wishful thinking on my part.
Posted By: TONY_DAGOSTINO

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 06/17/09 01:31 AM

ITS FROM 1968/1969
Posted By: floyd

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 06/21/09 01:59 PM

Are these real? Seriously, could you have done a crappier job on the artwork? Looks like they took a photo of the prototype of my old backlit Sact Pack sign.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Mop...05%7C240%3A1318

Attached picture 5306082-disc.jpg
Posted By: big-block-dave

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 06/22/09 12:27 AM

This set of wheel discs sold on Ebay. I watched them and was going to bid, but may have missed the end of auction or was out bid? I don't remember what they went for cause it was maybe 4-6 months ago? I thought they were pretty rare because Steve doesn't have a set on his website. Fake or real?????? Dave

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 07/17/09 07:33 AM

Quote:

Quote:

im rooting as well, and my gut telling me they were made. not sure why more havent surfaced up in the past but i see no reason for this guy to pull out an original box, with original paperwork, and wrapped in plastic and pose these dodge discs as real if they were fake.
this guy has nothing to gain from the email to me. he was not trying sell them nor has he made any reference to that.
if you look at the font it does look as though it could have been printed in the flower power 69 era.

Chris,

Shame you, or more importantly, your cars didn't make it to Carlisle for the reunion. I was looking forward to that food you promised to cook me. Sure you had your reasons for being a no show. Lots of great A12's there. Only heard one other person mention the fact you didn't show.

Anyway, I didn't see any "Put a Dodge in your Garage" discs for sale there. Thought you might want to know.

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 07/17/09 12:06 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Chris,

Shame you, or more importantly, your cars didn't make it to Carlisle for the reunion. I was looking forward to that food you promised to cook me. Sure you had your reasons for being a no show. Lots of great A12's there. Only heard one other person mention the fact you didn't show.

Anyway, I didn't see any "Put a Dodge in your Garage" discs for sale there. Thought you might want to know.

STEVE,im sorry also as i wanted to bring it but the guys at carlisle said i had to get it in the building by thursday and leave it till sunday afternoon.pllus i never got any information from them and any paperwork so i couldnt get it in the fairgrounds, they were supposed to email me or mail me the passes, never received anything.then they wanted pictures asap, emailed me a request for pictures at 2:00pm thursday and needed pictures back by 6"00pm. i couldnt since it was pouring rain.
i couldnt get there till friday and i had to leave sunday early morning to race at beaver springs.
that couldnt work for me.
also i was afraid JOHNAHAH was going to do some damage to it, while i wasnt around.
the weekend went so fast, i missed alot of the moparts guys but i still had one of the best times ever at carlisle.

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 07/17/09 01:55 PM

Quote:

also i was afraid JOHNAHAH was going to do some damage to it, while i wasnt around.

Yet another LAME EXCUSE for you pulling a no show for some event where you trash talk before hand.

Do you sleep with the lights on at night ?

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 07/17/09 05:08 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Yet another LAME EXCUSE for you pulling a no show for some event where you trash talk before hand.

johnahah, your reputation precedes yourself.
guys in glass houses shouldnt throw stones.

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 07/17/09 06:37 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Other than his accent he seemed like a decent guy.

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 07/17/09 06:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 07/17/09 11:28 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Posted By: 69_SIX_PACK

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 07/18/09 03:05 PM

Quote:

STEVE,im sorry also as i wanted to bring it but the guys at carlisle said i had to get it in the building by thursday and leave it till sunday afternoon.pllus i never got any information from them and any paperwork so i couldnt get it in the fairgrounds, they were supposed to email me or mail me the passes, never received anything.then they wanted pictures asap, emailed me a request for pictures at 2:00pm thursday and needed pictures back by 6"00pm. i couldnt since it was pouring rain.
i couldnt get there till friday and i had to leave sunday early morning to race at beaver springs.
that couldnt work for me.
the weekend went so fast, i missed alot of the moparts guys but i still had one of the best times ever at carlisle.

Too bad it didn't work out.
I knew quite a few people were looking forward to seeing your car and were dissappointed when it wasn't there.
Maybe you'll be able to get your ducks in a row for 2014?
There sure was a nice turnout of Lift Off Hood cars and Pete's Black Bee looked pretty impressive in your spot in the building .

Dave
Posted By: kevin69bman

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 07/19/09 03:42 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

He didnt throw any rocks threw my motor home friday night so Iam not sure what you talking about Chris I have know him for 15 yrs Have you ever ment him?????????????????????

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 07/19/09 04:10 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

He didnt throw any rocks threw my motor home friday night so Iam not sure what you talking about Chris I have know him for 15 yrs Have you ever ment him?????????????????????

That was a great time Friday night Kevin. Glad someone else enjoys a cigar now and then. Tried my best to make sure Gary's car wasn't down wind.

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 07/19/09 04:39 AM

I blew it into his car thanks for the cigar
Posted By: Lemon_Twist

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 07/24/09 02:17 AM

Quote:

BTW
The "RIDE WITH THE DODGE BOYS" discs DONT have the little notches on them like the road runner ones do

the dodge boys disc i have i got from a dealership attic in montecello ny in the early 1980s

tony

The graphics on the original discs were applied via silk screen. Since the Road Runner version used multiple colors, you needed a way to locate the disc in the screen so it would always be in the same position each time a different color was applied. The two notches were used for this purpose. Dodge version was only a single color swipe...so no need to locate the disc in the jig. I became very well versed in all that was wheel discs while working on a little project with my brother-in-law a few years ago.

Rod

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 07/24/09 03:19 AM

Re: A12 Guys, new find on Promos discs. for Dodge.......... - 07/24/09 10:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

BTW

tony

The graphics on the original discs were applied via silk screen. Since the Road Runner version used multiple colors, you needed a way to locate the disc in the screen so it would always be in the same position each time a different color was applied. The two notches were used for this purpose. Dodge version was only a single color swipe...so no need to locate the disc in the jig. I became very well versed in all that was wheel discs while working on a little project with my brother-in-law a few years ago.

Rod

Glad you did!! People love it when I pull into a parking lot. They all point at the "frozen front wheel".
© 2024 Moparts Forums