Moparts

71 'cuda buildsheet questions...

Posted By: 2fast4yourBrain

71 'cuda buildsheet questions... - 05/16/09 05:09 AM

Fender tag gone, so I have to decipher this buildsheet.

I can BARELY make out an A21 on the buildsheet (Elastomeric Colored Front Bumper Package), but not sure.

However down below, it CLEARLY shows below M71 (Front Colored Bumper).

Would M71 on the buildsheet confirm an A21 option?.

Also, if you had the A62 Rallye Dash, you will ALWAYS get the J25 3-speed wiper option? Hard to make out.

A01 light group...you will then ALWAYS have along with it L31 (Hood/Fender Mounted Turn Signals)??? L25 (Trunk Lamp) clearly shows on the buildsheet, but L31 is worn out.

This is a 383 'Cuda, so I imagine they'd always have N41 (Dual Exhaust )? N42 (Chrome Exhaust Tips) shows on the buildsheet.

Did all 'Cudas some at least standard with R11 (AM Radio (2 Watts))? Or would a radio delete show up w/another code on the sheet?

Sheet is so fragile, I feel like I'm an archaeologist w/the last of the dead sea scrolls.

Re: 71 'cuda buildsheet questions... - 05/16/09 05:55 AM

Also, the buildsheet shows S41 (rear sway bar). Was that part of another option that may show up on a tag? I never seen that.
Posted By: Snoopy

Re: 71 'cuda buildsheet questions... - 05/16/09 06:43 AM

Scan it, and use the a copy for your research. Sometimes it is easier to read using a photo viewing program.
Posted By: Culvers

Re: 71 'cuda buildsheet questions... - 05/16/09 09:33 AM

Quote:

Did all 'Cudas some at least standard with R11 (AM Radio (2 Watts))? Or would a radio delete show up w/another code on the sheet?

Radios were always an option with a code on tag and BS.
No code = No radio
Posted By: cataclysm80

Re: 71 'cuda buildsheet questions... - 05/17/09 04:40 PM

Quote:

Fender tag gone, so I have to decipher this buildsheet.

I can BARELY make out an A21 on the buildsheet (Elastomeric Colored Front Bumper Package), but not sure.

However down below, it CLEARLY shows below M71 (Front Colored Bumper).

Would M71 on the buildsheet confirm an A21 option?.

Not necessarily, I think M71 would be just the front bumper, whereas A21 is the bumper package which also includes other things (dual chrome mirrors, belt molding, maybe also tailpanel blackout?)

I think it DOES work the other way around though. A21 WOULD mean that M71 should be on the sheet.

Quote:

Also, if you had the A62 Rallye Dash, you will ALWAYS get the J25 3-speed wiper option? Hard to make out.

I think this is true yes.

Quote:

A01 light group...you will then ALWAYS have along with it L31 (Hood/Fender Mounted Turn Signals)??? L25 (Trunk Lamp) clearly shows on the buildsheet, but L31 is worn out.

L31 Is part of the A01 package, but I've often heard that it was left out on cars with performance hoods (at least on challengers). Some cars with performance hoods slipped by and got it anyway. It's hard to say one way or the other, keep researching.

Quote:

This is a 383 'Cuda, so I imagine they'd always have N41 (Dual Exhaust )? N42 (Chrome Exhaust Tips) shows on the buildsheet.

most likely

Quote:

Radio was not standard on anything. No such thing as radio delete.

Quote:

Sheet is so fragile, I feel like I'm an archaeologist w/the last of the dead sea scrolls.

You should definitely make a copy of the sheet.

Tav
Posted By: 318 Stroker

Re: 71 'cuda buildsheet questions... - 05/17/09 05:22 PM

In the 71 Cuda coding guide, the color-keyed racing mirrors and color-keyed elastomeric bumper section lists the following footnotes:

Front bumpers-Code A21
Front and rear bumpers-Code A22

I'm not sure on the M71 code, as I find no mention of it.

And yes, the 3-speed wipers were std. with the rallye dash. They are actually referred to as "variable speed". According to the remarks section for J25, variable speed wipers were std. on 440-6 bbl, Hemi, and with codes A04-Basic Group (which could also be on a non-rallye std. cluster), A62-rallye dash, and N96-shaker hood.

Re: 71 'cuda buildsheet questions... - 05/18/09 04:26 AM

Thanks.

Looks like A05 (protection group) appears on the sheet. I never seen that on the fender tag. Anyone seen it?
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: 71 'cuda buildsheet questions... - 05/18/09 04:32 AM

I had a 70 Challenger vert that listed A05... But I can't say on a 71 Tag...
Posted By: RM23V1

Re: 71 'cuda buildsheet questions... - 05/18/09 04:37 AM

There was no A05 option on a 71 Cuda. The Basic Group was A04 and plenty of them had that.

Or maybe A05 is a build date of October 5?

Re: 71 'cuda buildsheet questions... - 05/18/09 01:24 PM

Any chance you can scan the sheet and post it? Then we can all help you out.

Tav

Re: 71 'cuda buildsheet questions... - 05/18/09 06:14 PM

Sorry, not a scan, but a picture:

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/4633/dscf4751.jpg

if you notice in the "A" Combination group, you can see faintly what appears to be:

01, then, 05 (???), then, 21, then 62

I.e. light group, protection group, front rubber bumper, rallye gauge setup.

05 is VERY hard to see, but makes sense since it's coded with V5X (black side moulding), but 05 makes sense.

C16, console has been wiped out, but it appears to be a faint "6" showing.

Below here, you can see M71 shown (M area, 7 column, 1 showing in the cell):

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/5412/dscf4750e.jpg
Posted By: hemicar1971

Re: 71 'cuda buildsheet questions... - 05/18/09 06:22 PM

One thing you have to remember is if your car was an non rallye dash car (no A62) you could still get 3 speed variable wipers (J25). Now with A62 Rallye Dash option you always got N85 for the Tach on the broad cast sheet and on the fender tag. Ragtop if you have the Broadcast Sheet there is no problem creating a repro fender tag from that information. The only problem you will have is getting all the crap from members here for doing it.

Re: 71 'cuda buildsheet questions... - 05/18/09 07:41 PM

Wow! I'll try to take a closer look later, but my first question is the obvious... Does the VIN on the sheet match the VIN/stamped #s on the car?

It's not unusual to find the wrong sheet in a car.

Tav

Re: 71 'cuda buildsheet questions... - 05/18/09 07:59 PM

Quote:

Wow! I'll try to take a closer look later, but my first question is the obvious... Does the VIN on the sheet match the VIN/stamped #s on the car?

It's not unusual to find the wrong sheet in a car.

Tav

Yes yes, that matches the VIN on the door, cowl, rad support, dash pad.

Re: 71 'cuda buildsheet questions... - 05/18/09 10:14 PM

Thanks, The build date is gone off the sheet, what date is on the door sticker?

Tav

Re: 71 'cuda buildsheet questions... - 05/18/09 10:48 PM

10-70
© 2024 Moparts Forums